Mods on Tour Easter Monday

Jambo

Reminds me of my teenage years . . .

Being from Lowestoft we had an annual "scrap" with Yarmouth. We were mods, Yarmouth were greasers. Most of Lowestoft (Suffolk) supported Ipswich, Yarmouth (Norfolk) supported Norwich. Perfect credentials for a punch up.

The location of the scrap was on the sea front, alternating between the two towns each year, on Easter Monday.

It was pretty nasty to be honest and quite scary at times. It usually ended in a home win . . 😂

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Jambo said:

The geriatric branch of the Raven's Mod scooter club did a rally on Easter Monday. Reminded me of my days on tour on my Vespa GS scaring the locals at  Yarmouth, Margate and Southend. 

The Raven's however were doing good deeds delivering Easter eggs to the housebound around West Lothian.

Mod 1.jpg

183.37 kB · 0 downloads Mod 1.1.jpg              Mod 2.jpg 144.51 kB · 0 downloads Mod 4.jpg  Mod 3.jpg 138.81 kB · 0 downloads

138.81 kB · 0 downloads

Mod 2.jpg

Ahh, a reminder of the good old days. I had 2 Lambrettas and a Vespa GS160, along with many Mod fashion accessories including a tonic mohair suit, Hush Puppies and red socks, a Parka and a Steve Marriot style Grand Prix hair style.

Now I am a Mod, once again here😀😀

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

Ahh, a reminder of the good old days. I had 2 Lambrettas and a Vespa GS160, along with many Mod fashion accessories including a tonic mohair suit, Hush Puppies and red socks, a Parka and a Steve Marriot style Grand Prix hair style.

Should have kept hold of those lambrettas mate. They cost a fortune these days.

2 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

You forgot to mention the Ben Sherman shirts.

The mohair suit had to have hand stitched lapels , three buttons and. a slanting ticket pocket. :default_biggrin:

2 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Was on the other side of the fence,  leather jacket for me , as I had no fashion sense 

• Haha 1

My first job was in the top floor of an office facing Trafalgar square

Three of us came to work on scooters. Most lunchtimes we used to have races up The Mall then round Buck Palace, back down the Mall and the winner was first through Admiralty Arch.

The Old Bill were not impressed at all. ☺

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Jambo said:

You forgot to mention the Ben Sherman shirts.

The mohair suit had to have hand stitched lapels , three buttons and. a slanting ticket pocket. :default_biggrin:

And don't forget the Harrington jackets and reddish Dr Marten boots. I polished those boots so I could see my face in them.

1 hour ago, Bazle said:

I saw the title of this thread and half expected to see photos of John Luke, Nightcrawler and Nickrock partying in Soi 6! 🙂

I was thinking of an ex FLB hostess 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1