Hotels in Pattaya opening up or still closed?.

Butch

Mods, sorry if in the wrong section - feel free to move.

I've just had an email from the LK Royal Wing telling me that the LK Group are not accepting any reservations and are currently closed with no date set for re opening.

Now, as usual form dictates, the email was non specific as to whether it was only the Royal Wing that is closed, or the entire LK group. If anyone knows for certain that would be great, although I'm looking a while ahead anyway, by which time everyone will hopefully know a bit more and have a clearer idea of the situation.

I was looking at LK Royal Wing for 01 August and I got a price but it was much higher than I was prepared to pay. In fact the LK Royal Suite was offering rooms at a lower rate than the Royal Wing.

Of course if you are going earlier then I can't comment but they certainly seem to be showing availability on 01 August. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I have been wondering the same thing.

Just sent a line message to my friend who runs my "go to" place on Soi 13. Waiting to hear back from him.

Might that be the Sandy Spring Hotel? My friend (now deceased) once stayed there, maybe 12-13 years ago. Beautiful accommodations and a convenient location. The Dynasty toward the 2nd Road end is another nice one as well. Hope you get an answer that you'll like.

20 hours ago, Butch said:

Now, as usual form dictates, the email was non specific as to whether it was only the Royal Wing that is closed, or the entire LK group.

A mate was staying in the Royal Suite just last week so not the entire group.  I also walked past the President recently and it was open.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Glasseye said:

The White House Condotel... I've stayed in all three. The others don't come close to the quality of The W.H, IMO.

If you manage to get an answer re the WH, let me know please. I'e looked at the website and it seems to be good value and a good location.

41 minutes ago, Butch said:

If you manage to get an answer re the WH, let me know please. I'e looked at the website and it seems to be good value and a good location.

I was going to book the White House Hotel for my dates in August but it only had an exec room available which worked out twice as much as I am now paying at the Classroom. Just didn't need a more pricy room as just need somewhere to crash as I won't be entertaining.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Butch said:

Just got messaged back that they are open. I'd advise giving them a call.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Great breakfast as well. Good location.

Yep.... Big reason why I like it so much. In fact, their food beyond breakfast is very good also. Every meal I have ever had there has been exceptional. Lovely wait staff as well.

• Thumbs Up 1