San family Kluar Cafe & Restaurant (Italian restaurant)

I will probably never remember the restaurant's name, but I will never forget the location. It's not that far from my home in Huay Yai.

For most of the readers it won't be worth to drive so far....or maybe it will, I have to try some more dishes.

When I saw the pics on google map, I thought let's give it a go. Today was the day.

Entering, I didn't expect much. It looked a bit jumbled up but had a nice atmosphere.

IMG20220505185409.jpg

IMG20220505185341.jpg

IMG20220505185258.jpg

Sorry, a bit blurry.

IMG20220505185304.jpg

Wood fired oven looked promising.

IMG20220505185313.jpg

Edited by CampariO
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Pillow Biter said:

Big crowd Thor , lucky you got a seat .😉

Looks yummy

That's normal for Huay Yai. When I took the pics there were 3 customers. Later some more arrived.

In one of our favorite places in Huay Yai (Papaya) we are usually the only guests. The rest of their business is delivery. But I like it that way. 

• Like 2

Tried the Lasagna today (295 Bt) while Mrs. CO had the spare ribs (320 Bt).

IMG20220507184109.jpg

IMG20220507184200.jpg

The Lasagna was the way I like it with a nice sauce. If it would have been covered completely in cheese, I would have given it a 10. Spare ribs a bit on the sweet side, remarked Mrs. CO, but we both liked them. They come with a side dish (mashed ptatoes?) but the Mrs. switched it for some rice - as usual.

I was shocked to learn a glass of wine is 180 Bt. I know the wine prices have increased recently. It is an Italian wine form the 2 l bottle, the glass looked big and the filling not too stingy. Will try it next time, maybe.

Thai food seems good value, Khao Pat or Pat Krapaow Moo only 70 Bt, Gaeng Kiao Waan 100. 

Next time I will try the Pizza.

Edited by CampariO
  • Like 2

Pizza was disappointing. Hardly any tomato sauce, so lacked flavour. Tiny pieces of ham, mushrooms and salami, 320 Bt.

Not again.

Mrs. CO had a southern Thai dish, she loved it but I didn't want a second spoonful.

IMG20220509181605.jpg

Edited by CampariO
  • Like 2