Baht Watch

Glasseye

9 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Just looked at my currency converter app. The baht just jumped to 34.6 to 1 U.S. $.  Has really begun to consistently trend up since around mid July last year.

Any guesses on where it will end up ?

The Asian market apparently has gotten word of your impending arrival and are just greasing the skids to welcome you back with open arms.

I've noticed the increase too. Wasn't the baht trading at about 30.6 or so back in January? It would be nice if by this next winter, it might get up to a solid 36.5-37 to 1. 

Looks like your timing for a return couldn't be better!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mr. Smooth said:

The Asian market apparently has gotten word of your impending arrival and are just greasing the skids to welcome you back with open arms.

I've noticed the increase too. Wasn't the baht trading at about 30.6 or so back in January? It would be nice if by this next winter, it might get up to a solid 36.5-37 to 1. 

Looks like your timing for a return couldn't be better!

Cheers !

Payback for all of the "donations" I made following my residence during covid I reckon....    lol

When I arrived (at the beginning of my last visit) it was hovering a smidge over 29.... 35-36ish will be a nice change !

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Just looked at my currency converter app. The baht just jumped to 34.6 to 1 U.S. $.  Has really begun to consistently trend up since around mid July last year.

Any guesses on where it will end up ?

34.78 transferwise

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Wish I could say the same about my investment portfolio. Man has it taken a beating since April.

It will be of little comfort to tell you that you are not alone. 😢

• Sad 1

I haven’t checked the 🇨🇦$ in ages, decided to and it’s still only ~ 26.5. Way better than the high 22’s, and not much worse than the ~28 I was getting back in 2008 my first trip. But a year later on my long trip I recall getting 32, that was nice and probably the best of the last 20+ years

But as much as I love a bargain and try not to overpay in LOS, I’ve always maintained I would never cancel a trip based on my currency falling. I love the lifestyle over there, the way I see it you can always adjust your spending a bit, once the wheels touch down.

C059430D-47EC-4197-A0AE-075E7D7EF69A.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

I haven’t checked the 🇨🇦$ in ages, decided to and it’s still only ~ 26.5. Way better than the high 22’s, and not much worse than the ~28 I was getting back in 2008 my first trip. But a year later on my long trip I recall getting 32, that was nice and probably the best of the last 20+ years

But as much as I love a bargain and try not to overpay in LOS, I’ve always maintained I would never cancel a trip based on my currency falling. I love the lifestyle over there, the way I see it you can always adjust your spending a bit, once the wheels touch down.

C059430D-47EC-4197-A0AE-075E7D7EF69A.jpeg

Yeah, I remember the good ol' days when I was getting a regular 30b to my CDN $ - then the bottom fell out of things and I was only getting 22 and change; not so bad these days in the high 26's and occasionally nudging 27 but as you say, when I am planning to go I will just deal with it, not gonna stop me for sure. 

12 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

Yeah, I remember the good ol' days when I was getting a regular 30b to my CDN $ - then the bottom fell out of things and I was only getting 22 and change; not so bad these days in the high 26's and occasionally nudging 27 but as you say, when I am planning to go I will just deal with it, not gonna stop me for sure. 

As long as the baht bus doesn’t increase to 15B, right?

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Thumbs Up 1