YouTubers With Interesting And Informative Content

forcebwithu

41 minutes ago, Mr. Smooth said:

I agree on your last sentence, as I have really been enjoying "everything Pattaya" and "Ride4kicks", or however he spells it. Both very informative and high quality videos. That first guy showing all these fantastic condo deals, I can't believe how inexpensive so many of these condo buildings are. I'm always catching his stuff at my earliest convenience after his notification comes through.

Guess these things help to keep your head in the game no matter how far away you live or how long since your last trip over.

In reply, thought this might make for a good topic recognizing the good YouTubers out there.

One that I occasionally have a look at is Kar's Thailand channel. As a long time resident in Thailand his knowledge is extensive. He puts together some excellent, well edited videos. Well worth a watch, IMHO.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 4

17 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

^ He's a nice guy as well , met him a few years back in PP 👍

41 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

In reply, thought this might make for a good topic recognizing the good YouTubers out there.

I was going to mention him too on the same subject. I've seen him a few times in Hungry Hippo. On PA he is Dr Winston O'Boogie but unsure who he is on here.

I think his vlogs are innovative, informative and he keeps them interesting. I think he was/is married to a Thai in UK. I have no idea why he returned here on a more permanent basis but his private life is none of my business!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

My God this was a shock to me !!!!

Got recommended this last night, it seems the agogo owners have formed a cartel with high drink prices & 3K/5K for ladies being the norm. That will bring the tourists back…….

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

After spending 160 baht on a small beer chang he was probably having a problem with his breathing !!!!

I've watched a couple of his vids, he's not always as on the button as he likes to think he is. Those prices haven't really changed much tbh, I think Skyfall was around 140baht for a SML pre covid, or thereabouts.

Fair play to him for highlighting and giving the info, but he has about as much enthusiasm as an asthmatic tortoise.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Paddy Doyle , after visiting all of the provinces, he is now doing a best of series , probably the vlogger I have followed for the longest , most of them annoy me after a while and I unsubscribe ..

Same here, I watch about 4 or 5 Thai ones but I’ve watched him the longest. Watched mark weins for quite a few years but am a bit bored of him now.

Edited by Sangsom
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, Sangsom said:

Watched mark weins for quite a few years but am a bit bored of him now.

He’s obviously not hurting for subscribers/views, but I think we both got sick of the sideways head tilt when the food was tasty…..

But even if I haven’t watched him in a while,  have to give the man his due…..probably went from an average nobody 6-7 years ago to just making food videos and accumulating huge wealth

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Golfingboy said:

He’s obviously not hurting for subscribers/views, but I think we both got sick of the sideways head tilt when the food was tasty…..

But even if I haven’t watched him in a while,  have to give the man his due…..probably went from an average nobody 6-7 years ago to just making food videos and accumulating huge wealth

Yep I agree and I don't begrudge him any of his hard earned money.

In fairness to him, he's always struck me as a positive kind of guy who wants to help others and make their lives better. He doesn't seem to have any malice and while he's not to everyone's taste (pardon the pun) he is kind of infectious with his positive vibes sometimes !.

2 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

King of Thailand vloggers no doubt, nobody else even comes close, on a different level subscriber and views wise than everyone else by a considerable margin and no doubt very well off.

I couldn’t do it because some of the shit he eats is genuinely shit and I’d probably throw up, he even loves pla ra ffs 🤣🤣🤣

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Sangsom said:

King of Thailand vloggers no doubt, nobody else even comes close, on a different level subscriber and views wise than everyone else by a considerable margin and no doubt very well off.

I couldn’t do it because some of the shit he eats is genuinely shit and I’d probably throw up, he even loves pla ra ffs 🤣🤣🤣

I know his wife- who we rarely saw but was great at holding the camera- is Thai, but what IS Mark? Mixed Asian-American? 

Another guy who I haven’t tuned into but is now nearing 3M subs is PaoloInTokyo. Another success story, a Filipino Yank who moved to Japan for an IT job and is making really good money with his channels/merchandise. I think his wife studied in Minnesota, I used to think “damn she hardly has an accent for a Tokyo girl”. Their kid is almost 2 now, when I started watching they had no baby or marriage  license. Time flies…. 

6 hours ago, Stillearly said:

The guy sounds about 80 years old ..  🙂 

4 hours ago, Butch said:

I've watched a couple of his vids, he's not always as on the button as he likes to think he is. Those prices haven't really changed much tbh, I think Skyfall was around 140baht for a SML pre covid, or thereabouts.

Fair play to him for highlighting and giving the info, but he has about as much enthusiasm as an asthmatic tortoise.

I'd say probably closer to about 60 or 62. I've caught brief glimpses of him when he's featuring a condo or hotel and walks into the bathroom to show it and his reflection is in the mirror.

Butch, that's a good description for his personality, as he narrates his videos in a very calm, soothing voice, not too much inflection when showing something that might cause another guy to shout out to the heavens what a great deal this or that is. And he does have this annoying tendency to fade out to a near whisper when emphasising a point on price or whatever.

Maybe not to everybody's taste. I would put someone like Buzzin' on the opposite end, with his much more "enthusiastic" personality when cranking out his stuff.

"To be fair", as Buzzin' so often repeats! 😄

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

I know his wife- who we rarely saw but was great at holding the camera- is Thai, but what IS Mark? Mixed Asian-American? 

Another guy who I haven’t tuned into but is now nearing 3M subs is PaoloInTokyo. Another success story, a Filipino Yank who moved to Japan for an IT job and is making really good money with his channels/merchandise. I think his wife studied in Minnesota, I used to think “damn she hardly has an accent for a Tokyo girl”. Their kid is almost 2 now, when I started watching they had no baby or marriage  license. Time flies…. 

He was brought up in Arizona and is American but I think he mentioned having some Ukrainian heritage or similar.

https://markwiens.me/about/

• Great Info 1

42 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

If you like Japan vloggers this English guy is very good. Beware though he has very dry sarcastic British humour which doesn’t always translate well across the pond.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHL9bfHTxCMi-7vfxQ-AYtg

Edited by Sangsom
  • Thanks 2

Bangkok Pat is my favorite guy.... Always does top quality stuff, very interesting and well done production wise.

Unseen In Thailand - Bill is a great guy and does really interesting stuff in Chiang Mai. I've learned a lot from him and really enjoy his "down to earth" style.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Bangkok Pat is my favorite guy.... Always does top quality stuff, very interesting and well done production wise.

Shit yeh!

I worked 96/97 in Bangkok as a Field Engineer for TAC (Before it became DTAC) so I knew the City pretty damned well. He brings back some very good memories and is a very good presenter.!

• 3 weeks later...