YouTubers With Interesting And Informative Content

forcebwithu

This is my complete list of all the farang YouTube vloggers who post interesting and informative videos about Pattaya's  nightlife and bar scene:

I am specifically referring to Pattaya-based vloggers reporting on the nightlife scene.  There are other farang vloggers who do very good stuff on Thailand;  @forcebwithu mentioned one in his OP.  I never met him IRL, but we exchanged many messages and comments when both of us were active on Addicts.  He speaks Thai fluently and knows the country and culture very well.  His videos are worth watching.

In the U.S., I like this guy a lot.

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

This is my complete list of all the farang YouTube vloggers who post interesting and informative videos about Pattaya's  nightlife and bar scene:

I am specifically referring to Pattaya-based vloggers reporting on the nightlife scene.  There are other farang vloggers who do very good stuff on Thailand;  @forcebwithu mentioned one in his OP.  I never met him IRL, but we exchanged many messages and comments when both of us were active on Addicts.  He speaks Thai fluently and knows the country and culture very well.  His videos are worth watching.

In the U.S., I like this guy a lot.

I'm struggling to read your post, it seems to have rendred in a strange way for me

The video  link to is something about Officer Tatum??

Your list of Pattaya vloggers providing useful info, comes up as a blank. I'm with you there!!! 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Lemondropkid said:

I'm struggling to read your post, it seems to have rendred in a strange way for me

The video  link to is something about Officer Tatum??

Your list of Pattaya vloggers providing useful info, comes up as a blank. I'm with you there!!! 

The post looks normal to me, I don't know what the problem could be.  I embedded the YouTube vlog from The Officer Tatum as an example of a non-Pattaya vlogger I like.

Evil

1 hour ago, Evil Penevil said:

The post looks normal to me, I don't know what the problem could be.  I embedded the YouTube vlog from The Officer Tatum as an example of a non-Pattaya vlogger I like.

Evil

Here's a screenshot of what I and other BM's are seeing in your post. I selected the blank portion thinking maybe you used an odd color text, like white text on a white background :default_biggrin:, but the blank space appears to be empty of any text.

image.png

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Here's a screenshot of what I and other BM's are seeing in your post. I selected the blank portion thinking maybe you used an odd color text, like white text on a white background :default_biggrin:, but the blank space appears to be empty of any text.

The blank space is supposed to be there;  that's "my complete list my complete list of all the farang YouTube vloggers who post interesting and informative videos about Pattaya's  nightlife and bar scene."

Evil

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

The blank space is supposed to be there;  that's "my complete list my complete list of all the farang YouTube vloggers who post interesting and informative videos about Pattaya's  nightlife and bar scene."

Evil

Thought that might be the case, but without the :default_cool: at the end of the "list" the sarcasm was lost on most of us. :default_cheers:

I only glance at a Pattaya vlogger vid if someone mentions it in a positive or negative way as, like you, I can't think of one that has any interesting content.

40 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

Evil

That’s a low blow, but nicely done 

6 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

I'm in full agreement too, some start off half decent and informative, but invariably they end up as boring and false as the rest...

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, SteveBC said:

I'm in full agreement too, some start off half decent and informative, but invariably they end up as boring and false as the rest...

I think especially based in Pattaya, there’s only so many times you can do walkabouts, food tastings, cheap hotel rooms, cheapest bottles of Leo etc….Don’t get me wrong, I do watch some of them to see what the current state of affairs is during this awful pandemic, but at the end of the day, I probably won’t learn much

I actually prefer to watch vlogs on BKK, because I spent so little time there. The food especially, just limitless options 

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Another YT channel I enjoy is Colin Furze's channel. Like his reasoning for waiting to get planning approval for his "secret" tunnel; easier to ask forgiveness than permission. :default_biggrin:

Certainly easier to ask for forgiveness than permission but only if somebody forgives. Don't get permission, especially on planning, might be a costly mistake when it all comes crumbling down.

Not so sure I agree with the saying.

It might work in small ways but the big decisions taken may come back to bite your arse.

It works for people who don't care about others, Putin won't be forgiven.

Edit sorry for TF

Edited by Horizondave
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Certainly easier to ask for forgiveness than permission but only if somebody forgives. Don't get permission, especially on planning, might be a costly mistake when it all comes crumbling down.

Not so sure I agree with the saying.

It might work in small ways but the big decisions taken may come back to bite your arse.

I agree. IMHO, Mr. Fruze pushed past the boundary on when to use that chestnut of a saying. It would have made for an interesting video if he had been denied and had to undo all his tunnel work. :default_biggrin:

Ok I thought I would throw in my 2 cents , for the good and bad and weird...

Not long but here goes...

Bangkok 112 has not posted in a long time, but his videos were the most fantastic ever....He was like a ghost with a camera...Perfect camera work and no one knew he was filming...

He has over 1 million subscribers...

https://www.youtube.com/c/Bangkok112/videos

I like Retire Cheap ,not much flash but he is really real and no BS.....

https://www.youtube.com/c/RetirecheapAsia

Mr Egg puts out some pretty good videos sometimes...Except for the Thai girls play pool, which bores me to tears....

https://www.youtube.com/c/LePubPattaya/videos

Ride 4 Kicks

Are his videos good?...Yea they are fantastic....The video filming, the editing, the soundtracks are on a Pro level.....2 or 3 new videos a week .....Going to new places all the time...Never asks for subscribers,thumbs up, superchats, ever.... 

Something is strange about it all....If he is not in need of money, why work so much? I don't get it.....

Bloody hell just to  think up 3-4-5-6 new places to go every week would be a full time job in itself..

https://www.youtube.com/c/Rides4Kickz/videos

Chris-Working for you...

Wins my award for the most hyperactive and annoying youtuber in Thailand.....Some thing about this guy just rubs me the wrong way.....

He also seems to have loads of money that he is always throwing around/ giving away.....Strange...

https://www.youtube.com/c/RetiredWorkingForYou/videos

Edited by fforest
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, fforest said:

Ok I thought I would throw in my 2 cents , for the good and bad and weird...

Not long but here goes...

Bangkok 112 has not posted in a long time, but his videos were the most fantastic ever....He was like a ghost with a camera...Perfect camera work and no one knew he was filming...

https://www.youtube.com/c/Bangkok112/videos

I like Retire Cheap ,not much flash but he is really real and no BS.....

https://www.youtube.com/c/RetirecheapAsia

Mr Egg puts out some pretty good videos sometimes...Except for the Thai girls play pool, which bores me to tears....

https://www.youtube.com/c/LePubPattaya/videos

Ride 4 Kicks

Are his videos good?...Yea they are fantastic....The video filming, the editing, the soundtracks are on a Pro level.....2 or 3 new videos a week .....Going to new places all the time...Never asks for subscribers,thumbs up, superchats, ever.... 

Something is strange about it all....If he is not in need of money, why work so much? I don't get it.....

Bloody hell just to  think up 3-4-5-6 new places to go every week would be a full time job in itself..

https://www.youtube.com/c/Rides4Kickz/videos

Chris-Working for you...

Wins my award for the most hyperactive and annoying youtuber in Thailand.....Some thing about this guy just rubs me the wrong way.....

He also seems to have loads of money that he is always throwing around/ giving away.....Strange...

https://www.youtube.com/c/RetiredWorkingForYou/videos

I fully agree with your last offering FF.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This guy is a great presenter and combines excellent engineering with 3D printing and electronics. What should appeal to our resident photo guys, @john luke, @lazarus and others into photography is the end result, a 35mm f/0.4 lens. If the engineering and build out of the lens isn't your thing, skip to 10:40 to view the end result. Amazing images he gets with the lens.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Tom Scott's YT channel has a quite a few interesting videos. This one came up in my recommended list and caught my eye as it has 59million+ views.

He explains the API he used to update the YT title that keeps people repeatedly coming back to see if the code is still working, thus the high view count.

He then goes into a very good description of how and why platforms and code will eventually break and brings it all together at the end of the vid as a lesson in life and that there's no escaping entropy. Deep thinking, but as a coder and database guy I can relate.

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/16/2022 at 9:26 PM, forcebwithu said:

Tom Scott's YT channel has a quite a few interesting videos. This one came up in my recommended list and caught my eye as it has 59million+ views.

He explains the API he used to update the YT title that keeps people repeatedly coming back to see if the code is still working, thus the high view count.

He then goes into a very good description of how and why platforms and code will eventually break and brings it all together at the end of the vid as a lesson in life and that there's no escaping entropy. Deep thinking, but as a coder and database guy I can relate.

Very interesting piece. 

It seems as if this guy is showing a bit of remorse at least. Recognizing massive problems within. A smidgeon of responsibility and recognition I suppose is a start. But, unfortunately the genie is out of the bottle and will never find it's way back.

Please, take no offense. I have friends/family who have or are working in code/tech fields...... But, IMO things are completely f***d. Many people are much more vulnerable to the bots fucking up their lives than they realize. Sort of an ignorant bliss kind of thing. Until they one day get slapped hard with some sort of bot malfunction or overreaction. 

Basically I am fed up with it all. Do what I can to manage it, but the bullshit takes far too much of my time. The negatives far outweigh the benefits when I add it all up over the years. 

I feel bad for the people who don't have the means to at least try to stay somewhat current with the shit. Or disabled folks... f**k

• 2 weeks later...