Lemongrass

23 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

08/05/23 or thereabouts 

Surely you don't need six months when returning home only to travel to most other countries  ... I would say 8/11/23 ... but think the OP should send an email to U.K. immigration to make sure 

3 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Surely you don't need six months when returning home only to travel to most other countries  ... I would say 8/11/23 ... but think the OP should send an email to U.K. immigration to make sure 

I just looked it up on interweb mate..to be honest, otherwise I wouldn't have a clue😁

3 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Australian citizens can enter  Australia provided their passport is current. i.e. up to the date of expiry.

However they do warn

• airlines make their own rules and may refuse to carry you if your passport is nearing expiry.
  • if you transit through other countries you may have problems if your passport is nearing expiry.

Therefore they do suggest that having at least 6 months left before expiry should ensure problem free travel.

You should aim to arrive in the UK on 9/11/23 at the latest.  The EU rule about passports issued more than 10 years prior to date of entry not being valid doesn't affect you and immigration will let you in even on an expired passport.

The reason for my advice is that airlines may refuse to carry you with an expired passport and will tell you to get a new one or an emergency or temporary passport.