Paul McCartney/Steve Hackett concerts....

Yessongs

macca was originally the third guitar in the beatles, when they were 5, when sutcliff quit he was NOMINATED to be bass.  I have seen him 4 time snow, London, Frankfrut, and Atlanta, in those days he was still amazing but he is without doubt tired now.  i think he has an excellent system to BOOST "his" voice which works seamlessly as, as you say, he doesnt skimp on equipment.  the live and let Die set, with the pyros has been his highlight for years and is, as you say, amazing.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Absolutely fantastic! I had been thinking of seeing Steve Hackett as his next stop was up my way in Sacramento. Was playing downtown at the Crest Theater either last night or tonight, about 200 feet from that deadly mass killing we had last month. It's a 980 seat venue, and maybe 15 single seats were left when I was checking on tickets, decided the hell with it. After your critical review, maybe I should have gone.

After reading about these shows and the pics, I just wonder who the 18-20 year olds today are going to see 30 or 40 years from now? The music that came from The Beatles, Genesis and that era, was legendary stuff, written and played by actual men with instruments and these two guys still going well into their 70s, Paul turns 80 next month, that once all these old classic rockers are gone, who will take their place? Maybe tribute bands by musicians in their 30s and 40s, or younger, who understand the timelessness of these songs? I mean, can anyone really see going to a Cardi B concert when she's 65?

As far as the pics of your wife, whats to say? Her radiance shines brightly with her elegance and grace.

Ya' done good there, fella! ☺️

• Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

Awesome set of pics. Thanks for putting them up 🙂

Great concert and sounds like a great atmosphere. It was a nice tribute to John as well, with the screen. As you say,. nice to forget all the crap going on in the world for a few hours. Macca is awesome and for his age, it is impressive to see he's still got it.

I've never really been into Steve Hackett, mostly as I wasn't really a huge Genesis fan but I'll pop on over to Youtube and have a listen. The show looked pretty damn good though!. Glad you had a great time and wifey is looking happy lovely as always.

• Thumbs Up 1

Appreciate all the inputs gentlemen.....

@Mr. Smooth Yeah I was going to mention to you that he was at The Crest Tues night, not sure if you would have liked him. Spot on assessment, who takes over when the legends can no longer carry on. Cardi B? How about Nicki Minaj too? LOL! 

Thank God we still have some good performers out there huh? 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

Yessongs, great report/photos once again! I saw McCartney in April 1990 at Berkeley Coliseum, also a great concert. His catalogue of songs is just incredible. I'll never forget he finished the Concert with "The End". I can still hear the words:

And in the End

The love you take

Is equal to the love you make 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

22 hours ago, galenkia said:

Superb report mate, sounds like both gig's were brilliant.

Was meant to see The Quireboys playing with an orchestra this Saturday but that's another one cancelled.

I know how to pick them.🤣

Dam Alan, music is the only good thing going on in the world today pretty much. I hate when things I want to do get screwed up! 

22 hours ago, boydeste said:

Cracking pics Mike, nothing like a live concert, especially from the greats.

Thnaks Stu...there is only 1 Paul McCartney. 

21 hours ago, CalEden said:

Yessongs, great report/photos once again! I saw McCartney in April 1990 at Berkeley Coliseum, also a great concert. His catalogue of songs is just incredible. I'll never forget he finished the Concert with "The End". I can still hear the words:

And in the End

The love you take

Is equal to the love you make 

That tour at Berkeley was when he was with his band " Wings" right with his late wife Linda if memory serves me correctly. 

19 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Thanks for the McCartney pictures, so many wonderful songs!

Yeah quite the catalog to choose from...he could have played for 2 more hours. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yessongs said:

That tour at Berkeley was when he was with his band " Wings" right with his late wife Linda if memory serves me correctly. 

The McCartney 1989/90 Tour was his first tour in 10 years and the first time since the breakup of the Beatles, that the song list was mainly from his Beatles past. Songs that hadn't been sung by a Beatles member in 16 years was the concert tour hype. Linda was in the Band, but I believe Wings was not present. He used studio musicians.

• Thumbs Up 1

2hours 45 min thats some going at his age,legend tho,i just missed his show he did at the cavern in liverpool about 5-6 years ago,l left on the day he announced it on the local radio in the morning,only found out when i got back home to scotland as my mate who i was visiting in liverpool told me,enjoyed the john lennon exhibition they had at the time at a museum near the docks,his guitars and written lyrics ect were all on show,was great and off course a visit to the beatles museum,and stawberry fields place with the graffiti gates.

Great report,sounds like it was a superb night 👍 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...