Russian Woman Violently assaulted out at the lake

tommy dee

24 minutes ago, Chang_Paarp said:

Asean Now (Thai Visa) is reporting they got the guy. 

Here

The video posted on that thread was very informative, thank you. Even if the only Thai I understand are the numbers, I’m surprised they went into such detail for an assault on a foreign woman. Maybe he will indeed get some punishment, but in a country where drugs get you harsher sentences than murder, I doubt it will be meaningful

Fecker claimed attacking women calms him down…..SMH

Pretty screwed up system that allows a suspect who confessed to the crime to go free while they wait for the victim's testimony. No mention of bail either.

UPDATE: 37-year-old suspect who allegedly assaulted Russian tourist in Pattaya released by police last night due to lack of victim’s testimony
However, Nong Prue police confirmed that they would wait for the victim to make a better recovery to hear her testimony in order to bring the suspect into the justice system. According to Nongprue police, without the victim’s testimony, the case could not properly go through the Thai court system.

On my bike ride today took a picture of the entrance to the causeway for an update on the Mabprachan bike path I'm working on. This entrance is on the opposite side of the reservoir the assailant used.
21.6km.JPG

An hour later I was surprised to see they were moving a large tractor tire to close the bike entrance off, I'm guessing as a response to the assault. What isn't clear is why. It's not wide enough for a vehicle, and there are plenty of other access points that motorbikes and bikes can use to enter the causeway area, so it's pointless to close off this opening. Perhaps another case of being seen to do something, even though it's pointless.
21.6bkm.JPG

• Like 4

I am sure there is more to this story and how the supposed culprit was apprehended.  Other evidence would need to be tied to him to keep him in detention or maybe somebody just said that is him, he is the bad man.

If the woman had been murdered she would not be in a position to offer up a testimony so I would think this guy has no evidence on him other than just being in the wrong place or just somebody pointed the finger. 

Surely the Thai criminal system needs to work on evidence and if they had evidence (especially forensic) I doubt they would let the guy go..

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

I am sure there is more to this story and how the supposed culprit was apprehended.  Other evidence would need to be tied to him to keep him in detention or maybe somebody just said that is him, he is the bad man.

If the woman had been murdered she would not be in a position to offer up a testimony so I would think this guy has no evidence on him other than just being in the wrong place or just somebody pointed the finger. 

Surely the Thai criminal system needs to work on evidence and if they had evidence (especially forensic) I doubt they would let the guy go..

I read another news report they had DNA evidence against him. That and his confession should be enough to hold him until they can get the victim's testimony.

I agree there's more to this story, but it's along the lines of... best not go there on a public forum.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, KWA said:

He's been re-arrested after she gave testimony according to the latest report, but pled guilty to only one charge of many.

He should've shown a bit of class, like the guy who was arrested for indecent exposure and asked for 247 other offences to be taken into consideration.   :default_ass: