A Moral Dilemma

Jambo

Hola.

After about 8 days in sunny Espana and 8 hedonistic nights of over indulgence Peter Pan, aka Jambo, developed a cough followed over the next three days by bouts of sneezing and streaming nose blowing. Now in days of old we would have dismissed this as "f**k it, I have a cold."

We all know better now, do we not? 😝

Off to the local Pharmacist who relieve me of 0.60 euro's as I had forgot to wear a useless mask which are no longer required in Spain unless, apparently, you are visiting a pharmacist to buy a couple of antigen test kits.

Interesting fact..........The Spanish antigen test kits are stamped "Made in China." Now that is no surprise. It would be even more interesting to see the date of manufacture.

Needless to say double vaccinated and double booster jagged Jambo hits the jackpot with two sets of red lines on consecutive days thus enforcing the generally accepted concept that covid vaccinations are basically useless in stopping us getting infected. Don't bother telling me I would probably have been sucking oxygen from a gas bottle without the jags because I am fed up blowing my nose every ten minutes.

Now I am not particularly surprised at catching covid as every night I have been visiting bars and Nightclubs absolutely rammed with Brits enjoying huge amounts of alcohol, the excellent live music and  social distancing is totally non existent. ( I will post a topic on that subject in due course.)

Now we come to my moral dilemma.

I have covid of that there is no doubt with annoying symptoms but basically no worse than a medium heavy cold.

Do I ?

1. Extend my stay by another 7 days basically isolating on my fourth floor balcony watching all the other guests enjoying themselves frolicking in or around the huge pool the additional expense of which will be largely down to me?

Or?

2. Do I get my sorry ass on my booked flight home and try not to sneeze over too many passengers on a 26,000 feet germ factory?

Rhetorical? 🤣

Just think you could pass it on to someone's grandmother, or wife, or kid. But surely they're all vax'ed and will be OK fighting Covid. Besides, it's just omicron and most people are practicing personal responsibility.

(Btw, on a sobering note, yesterday my young dentist told me her mother died from Covid this past summer)

Edited by lazarus

59 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Hola.

After about 8 days in sunny Espana and 8 hedonistic nights of over indulgence Peter Pan, aka Jambo, developed a cough followed over the next three days by bouts of sneezing and streaming nose blowing. Now in days of old we would have dismissed this as "f**k it, I have a cold."

We all know better now, do we not? 😝

Off to the local Pharmacist who relieve me of 0.60 euro's as I had forgot to wear a useless mask which are no longer required in Spain unless, apparently, you are visiting a pharmacist to buy a couple of antigen test kits.

Interesting fact..........The Spanish antigen test kits are stamped "Made in China." Now that is no surprise. It would be even more interesting to see the date of manufacture.

Needless to say double vaccinated and double booster jagged Jambo hits the jackpot with two sets of red lines on consecutive days thus enforcing the generally accepted concept that covid vaccinations are basically useless in stopping us getting infected. Don't bother telling me I would probably have been sucking oxygen from a gas bottle without the jags because I am fed up blowing my nose every ten minutes.

Now I am not particularly surprised at catching covid as every night I have been visiting bars and Nightclubs absolutely rammed with Brits enjoying huge amounts of alcohol, the excellent live music and  social distancing is totally non existent. ( I will post a topic on that subject in due course.)

Now we come to my moral dilemma.

I have covid of that there is no doubt with annoying symptoms but basically no worse than a medium heavy cold.

Do I ?

1. Extend my stay by another 7 days basically isolating on my fourth floor balcony watching all the other guests enjoying themselves frolicking in or around the huge pool the additional expense of which will be largely down to me?

Or?

2. Do I get my sorry ass on my booked flight home and try not to sneeze over too many passengers on a 26,000 feet germ factory?

Rhetorical? 🤣

Rhetorically..

Up to Jambo 🤣🤣

Answer is what would you want the other person to do if in your shoes.

Saw a post on another forum about a guy on holiday here who tested positive and posted on that forum if he should stay in his room and  spoil his holiday, or continue to shag the ladies. I now only lurk on that forum, but really wanted to post if he would be happy to find out the lady he was shagging was sick with Covid, but knowingly continued to go with customers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

If you are free to stay then just extend your holiday.

I wouldn't want to be on a flight with somebody who knowingly has Covid but that is just me. Then again I am only 66 and probably quite fit but we can't always determine who we sit next to and it could be a lovely old lady that just doesn't need to get Covid.

If the law allows you travel with Covid without telling anybody and no tests needed then there are some who would travel, I wouldn't.

I suppose it comes down to what the law allows or whether morally you should isolate. Your decision but if you come home with Covid and let us know then some will be positive to that and others negative. You will see differing opinions now you have started the thread.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

10 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Painter had the same dilemma and extended his stay iirc 

Yup. I tested +ve 5 days before my flight home, with no symptoms after day 1.

Fortunately my condo was already paid for for an extra 2 weeks, and I could change my flight free of charge, so my only extra costs were general living costs for the extra 10 days, and a week of boredom stuck in the condo. My insurance also covered me for 2 weeks beyond my return date, although I didnt get them involved as that would have meant getting an official test and becoming a government statistic, with the other risks that that involved..... They were there, however, should I have suffered badly and needed medical intervention.

To me, it was the right thing to do to stay put. I could have told a little lie when signing the health declaration form at KLM checkin, but I would have been pissed off if others had knowingly done it, although I am sure that it happens all the time.

• Like 4

Your conscious wont let you do the wrong thing,maybe a good idea to stay,enjoy the sun,beaches,travel to a different area ,enjoy a bit of culture if ye can find any :),stay away from crowds ect,chill out take time give the body a rest,thats what i would do anyhow,no need to worry about what ifs later.

Edited by Phantom51red

You've probably (statistically) got the Omicron variant which indeed is a crappy cold but does not carry the same mortality rate as Delta.

That's all Covid is now, it is seen and treated as a variant of the common cold.

Would you travel if you had regular Flu or a bad cold which wasn't covid but felt well enough?.

I think most of the "isolate if you have symptoms" is pointless, because the person you got if from might be either asymptomatic or just think they have a cold themselves. People tend not to test much anymore unless required to do so, and you're certainly not alone in being positive but not isolating.

I personally would look for any excuse to stay in the sunshine but I wouldn't isolate as a result, in fact all a positive test would tell me is that I have a bad cold. The Govt has stopped posting covid infection rates now, pretty much, they're not bothered anymore.

Edited by Butch
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 5/22/2022 at 11:09 PM, KWA said:

One of the best excuses there is to extend a holiday.  The mere thought of it allowed me to stretch a 2 month trip to Thailand to about 18 months. 😉

You are all assuming that Covid is now just asymptomatic or at worse just like having a cold. I was on a nine night trip to Spain and tested positive on days 7 & 8.

By day 8 I felt just like I had influenza aching with a streaming nose, dry rasping cough and bouts of violent sneeze's. I also felt so lethargic where it was just an effort simply to stand up.

My biggest concern was that it might get worse and I would be stuck out in Spain. Sure I had travel insurance but so what.

K roll.jpg           waste.jpg

Still feel like shite and am now resorting to using jumbo kitchen roll for the nose. To cap it all I have had a couple of bouts of diarrhoea.

I did, however, enjoy my trip at least up to day eight! 🤣

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Jambo said:

You are all assuming that Covid is now just asymptomatic or at worse just like having a cold. I was on a nine night trip to Spain and tested positive on days 7 & 8.

By day 8 I felt just like I had influenza aching with a streaming nose, dry rasping cough and bouts of violent sneeze's. I also felt so lethargic where it was just an effort simply to stand up.

My biggest concern was that it might get worse and I would be stuck out in Spain. Sure I had travel insurance but so what.

Still feel like shite and am now resorting to using jumbo kitchen roll for the nose. To cap it all I have had a couple of bouts of diarrhoea.

Did you stay or did you go go?

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Jambo said:

You are always lethargic like Arsenal. 

Someone I know really well ahem tested positive in Portugal and then negative and took a chance and then positive in London upon arrival. Felt fine after 36 hours ........ stay out there Danny boy better than Sturgeon land ....

14 hours ago, Butch said:

Yep, sorry for making that assumption @Jambo, it was wrong of me to do that in my post. Sounds like you're suffering terribly for it, so rather than just being a question of flying , it's more a question of feeling well enough to go through all the associated rigmarole that goes with it.

Get well soon mate.

I do really think you need to reduce your wanking a bit though, judging by that bag.

No problem mate.

I have emptied that bag once although drying up now. Still have the rasping cough although also not as bad.

Still feel so lethargic.

Edited by Jambo
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, Jambo said:

You are all assuming that Covid is now just asymptomatic or at worse just like having a cold.

You may have missed the smiley at the end of my post indicating it was in jest.  No such assumption was made by me anyway, but trust you stayed put anyway until you felt better?

• Thumbs Up 2

Last week I tested positive for Covid, despite all the vaccinations and boosters.  It was very mild, no fever, coughing, headaches or body pains, just light sneezing and congestion for two days.  I've had common colds that were far worse. 

However, the person I most likely caught it from had a much more miserable time for about three days, then it eased off.  She was really exhausted, though, and needed bed rest for a couple more days.  She missed ten days from work.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1

14 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

Last week I tested positive for Covid, despite all the vaccinations and boosters.  It was very mild, no fever, coughing, headaches or body pains, just light sneezing and congestion for two days.  I've had common colds that were far worse. 

However, the person I most likely caught it from had a much more miserable time for about three days, then it eased off.  She was really exhausted, though, and needed bed rest for a couple more days.  She missed ten days from work.

Evil

Everyone is different but I too had two vaccinations and two boosters.

It has been a week now since I took my first antigen test (in Spain but made in China 🤣) and I still have the rasping cough and general lethargy. I try not to look at my nose in the mirror as it is beginning to look like monkey pox.

My 10 year old Grandson has now had Covid twice! Very mild cold like symptoms both times.

8 hours ago, Jambo said:

Everyone is different but I too had two vaccinations and two boosters.

I was fortunate to get off so easily (knocking on the nearest piece of wood).  But I lucked out in the genetic lottery. All my life doctors have told me I have an exceptionally strong immunity system.  I haven't been sick often and tended to recover quickly from both illnesses and injuries.  My niece, who's 30 years younger, had a much, much harder time with Covid  than I did.  

She is prone to disease and got the swine flu a number of years ago. She said that was even worse than Covid and lasted a full two weeks.  She was in such pain and misery she had wanted to be hospitalized, but the nearby hospitals had no available beds.  They wouldn't take her unless the effects worsened, so she suffered at home.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil