Monkeypox

Glasseye

9 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Just out of interest, is the smallpox jab we have at school sufficient ??

Bloody hell Derek, they phased the jab out in 1971 !!. I've had the smallpox jab anyway, but unless it's been needed for any particular reason such as travel, it's not been available.

Interesting little fact I saw on the telly, many Eastern European Countries continued the vaccination of school children for many years. Today, if there's a grave site that needs to be cleared for building or whatever reason, or any exhumation of corpses that are beyond a certain date threshold, it's mostly done by Eastern European labour as they've more often that not had a smallpox vaccination.

Not sure if the above is true, but it was on the telly.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Krapow said:

I'm actually hoping for full lockdown in Thailand in about 4 weeks time, meaning i'll have to stay for the next year or so.

I hadn't thought about that but would be great again, even if I had to sacrifice a flight.

2 hours ago, Krapow said:

A few questions on a form probably gave out on the airplane. 

I'm actually hoping for full lockdown in Thailand in about 4 weeks time, meaning i'll have to stay for the next year or so.

I remember the Yellow Airport protest, got a good few extra days outta that, paid an all :default_biggrin:

Hope you are wrong on the lockdown, I need a holiday and won't appreciate a stop sign at check in.

2 hours ago, Butch said:

Bloody hell Derek, they phased the jab out in 1971 !!. I've had the smallpox jab anyway, but unless it's been needed for any particular reason such as travel, it's not been available.

Interesting little fact I saw on the telly, many Eastern European Countries continued the vaccination of school children for many years. Today, if there's a grave site that needs to be cleared for building or whatever reason, or any exhumation of corpses that are beyond a certain date threshold, it's mostly done by Eastern European labour as they've more often that not had a smallpox vaccination.

Not sure if the above is true, but it was on the telly.

Anti bodies can last a long time. Guy on Jeremy Vine says we should be 85% protected if we had the smallpox vaccination at school. I had mine before 1971.

Anybody else can get a vaccination if need be; too be honest if we have swapped a new Covid variant for monkey pox I will take that everyday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

Seems to be gay fetish parties, saunas and generally men who have sex with men mostly.

So i think apart from @Nightcrawler, no one on here as that much to worry about ..

What say you @Butch, agree? 

LOL, I'm inclined to agree with your 100% correct assessment.

• Haha 1

I think that,had  it not been for the Covid pandemic, the reaction and publicity of this virus would not be getting the attention that it is at the moment and psychologically, it is naturally going to cause some  fear and anxiety among many. 

Perhaps it is that now governments don't want to take any chances on not acting quickly. All we need now is a ban on the exchange of bodily fluids in Thailand 😁😁

But if people are really worried, they can get a private Smallpox privately, at what price. I have no idea. Perhaps those born after 1972 might be at a higher risk? Who knows.

I suspect that there will be a greater reaction to the emergence of any new viruses in the West but this pox has been around in Africa for a while as was Ebola be a no one seemed to give a shit until it hits to the West. 

At worst, unlike Covid, a vaccine already exists. 

Anyway, I am off to a gay sauna for the afternoon. 😀😀 Either that of a trip to Marks & Spencers in the High street. 

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Butch said:

LOL, I'm inclined to agree with your 100% correct assessment.

I suggest that to the pair of you curtail your daily habit of loitering in gentleman's lavatories. They will become a hot bed for Monkeypox and anyone who has recently visited a Zoo should visit to their doctor immediately

😀

• Haha 2

I remember the swine flu or whatever it was a few years ago, you were meant to be screened on arrival similar to this.

Noticed nothing, though apparently it was temp checks done as you were walking to immigration, if you have the ready brek glow on a screen watching you somewhere, you got pulled. 

FmFqafZs9f4b157321d5d1caedceadf49d1fc2aa.jpg

12 hours ago, Krapow said:

You want to have a look at the GB News facebook comments, the amount of absolute mentalists.

Though to be fair, GB News FB are just trolling them, constantly churning out 'stories' on it on facebook, winding their audience, the absolute nutters up. It's actually scary how many and how unhinged some are. 

I will be on a personal lockdown when I get back, forever. They'll have to take me out in a box next time, if they can piece together my ashes.