Assistance required please

Jambo

I hope to produce a largely pictorial report on my recent holiday in Spain which I hope members may find of interest.

Uploading photo's is no problem but I have also taken a a number of, on average, say 20 second video clips several of which I would like to include. I have often posted Utube video's on the forum but never my own video clips.

I tried a test download from my phone to my laptop of one of these video clips. That was no problem but when I subsequently tried to upload the video to the forum it took for ever because the resulting mp4 file is obviously too large at 75 mps. I am used to reducing the size of photo's for uploading but have no idea how to reduce the size of the video file.

I would ask my 10 year old grandson for assistance but he is at school currently to I need to once again display my ignorance of IT matters to the forum.

Your help will be appreciated.

• Thumbs Up 1

You could try a free video converter but instead of converting to something else just keep it at mp4,that should give you the option to reduce file size,or upload to fb keep it private then download it as fb automatically reduce file size and quality,free video prog prob best way.

• Like 1

The following article does a good job explaining how to compress a video into a smaller file size. 
How to compress a video on iPhone, Android, Windows, and more

I would still recommend uploading the video to YT and including the link in your posts. I find YT videos play much better with no buffering issues, whereas uploaded mp4 files in a post rarely play with out a lot of stopping and starting due to the data stream not being fast enough to support continuous play of the video.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1

Played fine for me with no buffering issues. I'm guessing you selected a compression that reduced the file size to something a good bandwidth internet connection can handle. Where the buffering issues come in I suspect is when BM's upload raw video without bothering to compress the video first.

With compression you're sacrificing somewhat on video quality. As a further test you might try uploading the raw video to YT and then posting a link to that vid. It would be interesting to see how much video quality suffers after YT applies their  compression method.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Played fine for me with no buffering issues. I'm guessing you selected a compression that reduced the file size to something a good bandwidth internet connection can handle. Where the buffering issues come in I suspect is when BM's upload raw video without bothering to compress the video first.

With compression you're sacrificing somewhat on video quality. As a further test you might try uploading the raw video to YT and then posting a link to that vid. It would be interesting to see how much video quality suffers after YT applies their  compression method.

I downloaded an App called Panda which dramatically reduced the compression. It was simplicity itself to use which is what somebody like me needed.

I am not bothered particularly about quality. I have about six short video clips I took on my Oppo phone at entertainment venues on my trip to Spain. I will include some or all in a trip report.. They are good enough to get across how busy and involved all the customers were. 

I am not surprised I ended up with civic. Every single one was rammed with customers.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Jambo said:

I downloaded an App called Panda which dramatically reduced the compression. It was simplicity itself to use which is what somebody like me needed.

I am not bothered particularly about quality. I have about six short video clips I took on my Oppo phone at entertainment venues on my trip to Spain. I will include some or all in a trip report.. They are good enough to get across how busy and involved all the customers were. 

I am not surprised I ended up with civic. Every single one was rammed with customers.

Could have been worse ........... monkeypox started in gay pride event in Canary islands so .......

4 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Could have been worse ........... monkeypox started in gay pride event in Canary islands so .......

If it spreads to sheep that will put several Leisure Centers in Aberdeen out of business.

• Haha 1