Jomtiem bars

Siam Addict

Define a good bar. There are some gentlemen clubs in the Pratumnak area for daytime, the rest is more open beer bar stuff for nighttime.

Jomtien has several bar areas:

1. Jomiten Complex: mainly gay bars

2. Between Jomtien Complex, VT7 and Jomtien Plaza Condotel

3. Some smaller bars in the first Sois 2-5

4. Soi 7 and Soi White House

5. Rompho market

6. Soi Bunkanchana

7. Soi Welcome

Rompho market is my favorit place to shoot some pool with Mrs. CO after having dinner in the Oregano restaurant.

Sometimes they have even some hotties there (pic from last week).

IMG20220523224154.jpg

• Like 2
  • Great Info 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Siam Addict said:

I assume the Baht bus still runs from South Pattaya road? But how easy is it to get a motorbike back?

The Baht buses still run between Pattaya and Jomtien, but I've no idea where they depart from now as there are major works installing new drains outside the school where they used to park and wait for customers.

No problem getting a motorbike taxi back, though be sure to agree the price, they're no less greedy and willing to rip you off than they were before the pandemic. Better yet, just call a taxi via Bolt, it won't cost any more than a motorbike taxi, is much safer, and there's no debating the fare.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 3

2 hours ago, Siam Addict said:

Hi Campario I like the small bars where you can sit and chat with a girl or play pool. Rompho market looks interesting.

Hi Toyboy, never heard of Bolt? I assume you would call them from your mobile?

Yes, I would recommend Rhompo for this. If can't find anything you fancy, cross second road and walk through Soi 7 and Soi White house. Just don't expect any stunners and put the beer goggles on.

Bolt taxi: download the app, much cheaper than Grab taxi

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

The Baht buses still run between Pattaya and Jomtien, but I've no idea where they depart from now as there are major works installing new drains outside the school where they used to park and wait for customers.

The baht bosses still load at the pattaya tai/2nd road cross roads, but on pattaya tai, not 2nd road. The one loading is tucked into the now blocked "slip road" to 2nd road, next to the police box, the ones waiting pull into the entrance to the school field. At least, they did a month ago...

• Like 1
  • Great Info 3

• 2 months later...

Some new bars have appeared on Rompho Market in Jomtien.

This one has a large and a small pool table, though lighting is not completed.

IMG20220729195655.jpg

Spinner staff #1:

IMG20220729202300.jpg

Spinner staff #2:

IMG20220729213036b.jpg

Edited by CampariO
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, CampariO said:

Some new bars have appeared on Rompho Market in Jomtien.

This one has a large and a small pool table, though lighting is not completed.

IMG20220729195655.jpg

Spinner staff #1:

IMG20220729202300.jpg

Spinner staff #2:

IMG20220729213036b.jpg

I gave my excellent pool cue to the lady who ran "The Speedy Laundry" service at Jomtien Beach Condominium where I lived.

They were the opposite of "Speedy" but the owner took me to the local killer pool tournament one evening and I watched with admiration as she tried to hide the fact that she was the hustler of all time. I on the other hand was crap and I had no hesitation of giving her a cue that matched her ability.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Butch said:

I'd be interested to see or hear how busy the bars in Jomtien are. Over the years I've always had a good time, and each trip I keep telling myself to spend more time there.

Didn't pay much attention to the number of customers in Rompho, but while looking out for a pool table I saw just a few people in the bars. The place we usually went had both their pool tables occupied at around 8 pm, so we went to the new place where we were the only customers. Later maybe 5 others joined, most of them probably expats. Pretty much similar to the low season pre covid.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

I live in Jomtien. I have noticed a few new bars opening in Rompho with a few decent looking ladies.

Back in the day I liked the smaller bars on soi 7 and the adjacent sois. That description includes Rompho IMO. These places were/are very hit or miss, but if one enjoys diamond in the rough hunting .....

I would mention two places.

• Escobar is on Thappraya a little before Jomtien Beach Road. I have noticed a few very cute girls in there while walking past with the GF. I even got a curt "what you looking at" out of the GF on one occasion. Many other times, I did not see any ladies that might interest me.
  • A place I like to kick back with some friends is Cafe Samba Banana located on soi Thappraya (not Thappraya Road). If you are looking for Walking Street level stunners, this is not the place for you. Many of the ladies here are not working girls, but if a few laughs and pleasant conversation with some very nice Thai MILFs interests you.... A disclaimer is that the GF and I have known the owner for several years. Also, I hear that some of the ladies, although not being interested in your short term interests, could well be a conduit to said short term interests. Link follows.

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100196130072290&__tn__=C-R

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Like 5

There seems to be some interest in Rompho, so I will pass on a little of what I have observed recently. The lights are coming back on, but IMO I think it will be a tough road for the new owners. To level set things, the GF and I have been together for 6 years now. Prior to that and in the early years of our being together she ran a string of hair salons in the Jomtien area. Many of her customers were katoeys and bar girls. Many of them are still friends of hers and in some cases mine as well.

In recent weeks we have been to 3 bar opening parties in Rompho, I will review then separately.

All of them were more of less laid back with no hate toward straights/katoeys or others. Only drunken assholes are not invited.

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1

NY 1969 or something like that.

On the South Road of Rompho near the front with lots of blue lights. The owner was a former hair stylist of the GF and foto bombed every picture I exchanged with her prior to us getting serious. He is definitely a katoey who attracts decent money from gay men.

The bar is not exclusively gay, but there is an influence. We attended on opening night and the crowd was about 50% gay and 50% straight. They had a few sexy ladies playing to the straights. The owner is intelligent, personable, and knows how to play to the crowd.

The music is too loud for me. 

• Like 4

The Blue Parrot.

Opened very recently. Pretty much a straight bar as near as I can recall. It is near the front of Rompho but midway between the two main roads. They have decent music a couple of night a week. 

The price of beer is very good at 50 THB. The house wine is terrible, but they have a 200 THB corkage fee.

Decent pool table.

• Like 4

I remember, going back a few years now, that I used to occasionally frequent  bar where the girls would play pool naked for a small stipend. I wonder if something like that exists today? That would be right up my street. Deciding whether to go for the brown or the pink😊

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

I remember, going back a few years now, that I used to occasionally frequent a rough bikers gay bar where the girls  men would play pool naked with me for a small stipend. I wonder if something like that exists today? That would be right up my street. Deciding whether to go for the brown or the pink brown   😊

Sounds like a plan, but I might have to pass 🙂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Butch said:

@ChiFlyer Great info mate, do you know the opening / closing times of these bars?. A good day for me would be a few hours on the beach, followed by lunch then a few games of pool in a beer bar in the late afternoon.

I am not sure about the hours. We were at all of them at night. We tend to head home about 10 PM and none of them looked to be closing any time soon.

• Thumbs Up 1

Our last trip we rented a condo in VT-2A & apart from a couple of nights in Pattaya I was in Rompho every night & really liked it.

But my mate in Jomtien who I used to meet has sadly passed & now I don't know whether to stay in Jomtien or Pattaya next trip.