FOOD PRICES

tommy dee

I sure hope they don't raise the price of the I Rovers breakfast.....They already raised the price from 99 baht ro 129 baht.........

We can't take the pressure from any more raises in prices Captain Kirk, the engines are going to blow.... 

Edited by fforest
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, fforest said:

I sure hope they don't raise the price of the I Rovers breakfast.....They already raised the price from 99 baht ro 129 baht.........

We can't take the pressure from any more raises in prices Captain Kirk, the engines are going to blow.... 

That made me laugh! Hang on there Scotty.

1 hour ago, fforest said:

Wouldn't give the I Rovers 129 baht breakfast to my dog.

OK I don't own a dog but ..... 

• Great Info 1
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, KWA said:

I'm just back from a month in the UK and even in that short time I saw food prices going up from week to week in some cases.  Fortunately my local was doing £3 per pint Monday to Thursday so that helped dull the pain.

I'm delaying my trip back until next year.

My plan is to take long walks along the Kennet and Avon canal followed by a pint in Weatherspoons checking out the horses, then back to my son's house for a Lidl's/Aldi/Co-op/Tesco's cheese, fresh bread and wine fest.

• Like 1

Earlier in the pandemic when no one was driving fuel (I'm diesel) went down to £1 per litre at one point.

It seemed to settle for a long point at £1.32 then shot up to £1.50 everyone started going mad , but as usual nothing was done.

For the past month it went up to £1.70 and after the Jubilee weekend the cheapest I've found is £1.82 it's absolutely scandalous now and cannot keep going.

I won't hold my breath for £2 , but can see it 

All per litre .

Food is even worse too

• Like 3
  • Surprised 3

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

.... he wouldn't eat it either...

Tiz the worst place I have been to for breakfast in Pattaya...Closely followed by the cold, greasy, muck they served up in Retox on Lengkee.

Take it you've never had the nearby Canterbury Tales breakfast special .............. you can always throw up behind one of the bookshelves if need be.

PS I drive a small urban run around car and its over £50 / £55 to fill it up and I don't drive much these days thank the good Lord Buddha.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, nampla69 said:

Wouldn't give the I Rovers 129 baht breakfast to my dog.

OK I don't own a dog but ..... 

Whats wrong with this breakfast?.....I have eaten the Rexox I rovers breakfast 100 times I bet...No complaints....

I Rovers, Pattaya – Updated 2022 Prices

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

16 minutes ago, fforest said:

Whats wrong with this breakfast?.....I have eaten the Rexox I rovers breakfast 100 times I bet...No complaints....

I Rovers, Pattaya – Updated 2022 Prices

Don't panic they still do the 99 Baht Lighter version ......... less fat and grease etc ...each to their own.

Screenshot 2022-06-07 at 16.50.30.png

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/5/2022 at 8:08 AM, tommy dee said:

whats it like where you are?

Rape seed oil and sunflower oils have doubled in price since the start of the year. Coffee beans, wheat products (pasta, bread etc) and eggs are up 25%. Other food stuff seems to have gone 5-10% up. Except, strawberries, apples, cucumbers, potatoes and fish they seem to be the same as last year - as far as i remember.

Note: Some things that aren't suited for normal human consumption (such as: tea, lamb, sheep, goat, cauliflower, prunes etc) I simply don't know if they are up in price.

7 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

That's over 6 quid a gallon!!!

Dare I ask... how much is it to fill a tank in your car ??

Probably £80+ 

£20 gets me around a quarter or less.

The car I can stand it's my van that pisses me off 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Dunno mate my missus is my taxi😀.

Which is quite expensive as I have to tax & insure the car that I bought for her🙄.

Apart from the petrol that I put in it.

Edited by coxyhog
  • Haha 1

Canadian news outlets have just reported 1/4 of our citizens are eating less than they used to these days, due to skyrocketing food prices 

What they didn’t mention was that 90% of those are fat f—kers like me and it’s doing them some good

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Haha 5

11 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

How much is a taxi for a 5 mile trip nowadays ???

Minimum a tenner mate. Probably closer to £12 if across town.

Costs over £100 to fill up the wife's Range Rover. Reports coming in that it'll hit £2 by middle of next week. Unleaded also up 14 pence per litre in one day in some areas.

Kilo of belly pork in Makro is now at £6, up from £5.25 as of today, not sure if the price is national or local though.

We've gone from food shortages in Covid, Fuel shortages in February to not being able to afford either anyway, today.

I'm no tinfoilhatter, but I'd say that someone, somewhere is having a fucking good laugh at us.

Edited by Butch
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Butch said:

Minimum a tenner mate. Probably closer to £12 if across town.

Costs over £100 to fill up the wife's Range Rover. Reports coming in that it'll hit £2 by middle of next week. Unleaded also up 14 pence per litre in one day in some areas.

Kilo of belly pork in Makro is now at £6, up from £5.25 as of today, not sure if the price is national or local though.

We've gone from food shortages in Covid, Fuel shortages in February to not being able to afford either anyway, today.

I'm no tinfoilhatter, but I'd say that someone, somewhere is having a fucking good laugh at us.

Local BP station went up 6p from yesterday to today. Now 185.9 only 4p less than diesel.

Getting fucking crazy now. Just glad I get about 55 to the gallon on the Z800 if I don't rag the arse off it. 

Not that I've been riding recently with 10 stitches in the Palm of my hand. Due to be taken out tomorrow though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Settling down to a late showing of Top Gun, decide since it was Tuesday to upgrade to the VIP. Awesome seating, I’d be comfy even weighing 500 pounds….. but here’s the bad news.. was craving that buttery Cineplex popcorn…..$11.50 for a not very big bucket, the butter was actually couple $ extra. But VIP prices she said…..

Anyway the film should be great, lots of noisy c—ts here already though

3D54EA1D-8F05-4F1E-B069-CA03E56DF793.jpeg

6C94DE35-7745-41AD-B16E-A5A0ED91A153.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lazarus said:

Meanwhile, in the US of A...

. . .

Why meat is so expensive right now
Eat your veggies, beat inflation.

https://www.vox.com/future-perfect/23156862/meat-dairy-egg-prices-inflation-plant-based-diet-costs-affordability

Capture.JPG

This is all by design...They don't want people ( except the elite) eating meat anymore.....Just lab garbage like beyond meat....Look for this trend to continue for a loooong time...

The future...No smoking, No drinking, No meat, No plastic bags....

Edited by fforest
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3