Baht Bus

Siam Addict

I used to get the Baht Bus to Walking Street but late at night when returning most Buses used to continue along South Road. I recall one night waiting 15-20 minutes on Soi Bhaukao watching Buses go pass towards Sukumvit road.

Just curious but where did these buses go?

12 hours ago, Siam Addict said:

I used to get the Baht Bus to Walking Street but late at night when returning most Buses used to continue along South Road. I recall one night waiting 15-20 minutes on Soi Bhaukao watching Buses go pass towards Sukumvit road.

Just curious but where did these buses go?

They terminate just before Sukumvit. If you want to go further afield your choice is:-

- motocye taxi for local journeys (Khao Talo/Khao Noi)

- the white/light blue baht busses that will take you along Sukumvit ..baan chang included.

- Catch a minibus to anywhere really!

- Catch a coach to Suvarnabumi/ Bangkok/Isaan 

The choice is yours!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Sorry for the brief interruption, but I had such a vivid dream last night that I was being carried around Pattaya  in a Sedan Chair to various Gentleman's clubs. Christ knows what thar was all about?. I have been away far too long. 

I am going to have to relearn some of the baht bus routes, next trip as I have decided not to hire a motorcycle, which I have been doing years. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Toy Boy said:

A Baht bus topic! Pattaya sure is returning to normal fast.

Great news. I thought the dropping of all Covid restrictions in the UK was cause for celebration but this thread tops it.

I am now more positive about my holiday next month.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

They terminate just before Sukumvit. If you want to go further afield your choice is:-

- motocye taxi for local journeys (Khao Talo/Khao Noi)

- the white/light blue baht busses that will take you along Sukumvit ..baan chang included.

- Catch a minibus to anywhere really!

- Catch a coach to Suvarnabumi/ Bangkok/Isaan 

The choice is yours!!

Thanks Derek, It was something that I always wondered about. There was so few buses going northward on this route at night that I thought the buses either went up Third road or Sukumvit and back along Soi Bhaukao. So the mystery remains of where do the the buses that go southward come from.

Sorry I've too much time on my hands at the moment.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Siam Addict said:

Thanks Derek, It was something that I always wondered about. There was so few buses going northward on this route at night that I thought the buses either went up Third road or Sukumvit and back along Soi Bhaukao. So the mystery remains of where do the the buses that go southward come from.

Sorry I've too much time on my hands at the moment.

I often times see southbound Buakhao busses turning right on Tai. So from there they're probably doing a 2nd Rd run as I believe the Jomtien routes are reserved for the busses that serve Jomtien. From 2nd Rd they'll turn right on Klang then another right on Buakhao to start another southbound run.

Found this map from a Google search on baht bus routes.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 6/6/2022 at 8:13 AM, Nightcrawler said:

Sorry for the brief interruption, but I had such a vivid wet dream last night that I was being carried around Pattaya  in a Sedan Chair by 4 men dressed in Togas to various Gay Gentleman's clubs in Boyztown. Christ knows what thar was all about?. I have been away from overnight male company far too long. 

I am going to have to relearn some of the baht bus routes, next trip as I have decided not to hire a motorcycle, which I have been doing years. 

just cleaned that up a bit @Nightcrawler , sorted out some punctuation for you.

Anyway...

Bolt Taxi seems to be a good app for getting around town apparently.

I thought baht buses always defaulted to turn right on Tai from Bukhao, then up second Rd and right at Klang back to bukhao, or straight to dolphin and down Beach Rd for that route, and those running Beach Rd turned left on Tai, up second Rd to Dolphin and back down Beach Rd?.

I'm confusing myself now.

*as long as it's still 25 baht....

*I'm joking, I only ever pay 20.

Edited by Butch
  • Haha 1