SO... WHEN DO YOU PLAN TO VISIT THAILAND.. now that covid is done and dusted

tommy dee

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

Can't plan anything in the future currently until I find out if I'm gonna be facing charges.

Waiting to hear from the police.

Did I miss something. I knew you didn't get a job and you got a dodgy hand, what happened?

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Did I miss something. I knew you didn't get a job and you got a dodgy hand, what happened?

Can't say details as it's still an active investigation.

Can't say anything that could incriminate me.

At least I get my stitches removed in a couple of hours.

Trying to get some agency warehouse work sorted in the next week or two.

Edited by galenkia
  • Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Totally understand mate, hope it works out well for you.

Thanks mate.

Shits been really f***d up since being made redundant. Thought it would give me a new start but it's just been the opposite.

Did a month work in a factory but not for me. Had a few calls this week from agencies so hopefully can get something sorted, need to get back<in the warehouse environment, it's what I like.

• Thumbs Up 3

31 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Thanks mate.

Shits been really f***d up since being made redundant. Thought it would give me a new start but it's just been the opposite.

Did a month work in a factory but not for me. Had a few calls this week from agencies so hopefully can get something sorted, need to get back<in the warehouse environment, it's what I like.

Good luck and sounds like there will be work for you - I would d have thought motorbike sales / service etc would be up your street with your knowledge and passion ?

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Good luck with it all. I hope things work out in your favour.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AJSP said:

Good luck and sounds like there will be work for you - I would d have thought motorbike sales / service etc would be up your street with your knowledge and passion ?

Yeah, did have a bike job lined up until my DBS came through and they saw my history.

Your past will always come back to haunt you.

12 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Yeah, did have a bike job lined up until my DBS came through and they saw my history.

Your past will always come back to haunt you.

Sorry to hear that. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Butch said:

When we start seeing "Countdown clocks" at the bottom of BM's posts, that'll be when things are on the up!!.

Now that’s a blast from the past as is the expression “x amount of days until wheels up”

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, galenkia said:

Hope everything works out Alan. I came close to knocking out a few teenagers at Top Gun last night, but just shook my head privately and continued with my viewing. Not worth it anymore. But I’m afraid if with me it will never just stay put with strong words, if someone gets in my face and yells back, I’m taking the hands out of my pockets. But it never gets to that because I’m just a big fat pussy and always walk away. It sucks….

Did you regain feeling in your hand though? 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Hope everything works out Alan. I came close to knocking out a few teenagers at Top Gun last night, but just shook my head privately and continued with my viewing. Not worth it anymore. But I’m afraid if with me it will never just stay put with strong words, if someone gets in my face and yells back, I’m taking the hands out of my pockets. But it never gets to that because I’m just a big fat pussy and always walk away. It sucks….

Did you regain feeling in your hand though? 

Seems better mate. Being tasered twice by the police the other day didn't exactly help. Lost some feeling in my arm but seems to have come back. 

Been through some shit lately mate but so have you, so you know what it's like. 

• Surprised 2

Mentally, I’m dreaming of a return 20x a day, especially reading about more & more of you handsome BM slowly getting back. But with my personal situation, it’s not happening. I will never go for less than 6 weeks or so,  and I’m not planning on skimping when I return. It will be both a sprint AND a marathon, I’m aiming for 100 notches, #101 I’m paying a dowry for…..

A real shame as it’s been over 10 years, I had a business class flight with Turkish through Zurich booked for early 2021, but that was scrapped due to COVID and my Dad’s cancer. 

So I’m actually hoping it will be long enough that all these conditions like insurance are dropped. . Just celebrated my 46th, maybe I can make it over for my 47th, but that’s Songkran/hot season. I prefer going when it’s freezing in Canada…….so November 2023 should be good

But whatever my situation, and how much I want to get back to saving and planning for the future, I AM NOT waiting another ten years. We never know what’s around the corner, hearing about guys like Steelers4life drop at a young age really made me think……

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

3 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Seems better mate. Being tasered twice by the police the other day didn't exactly help. Lost some feeling in my arm but seems to have come back. 

For sure mate, I don’t judge anyone. I’m sure it was the other guy’s fault, we have to blend in with these millennials who always point the finger elsewhere

I just hope you’re still only drinking cola, though. I know that can be ugly, at least 3 times in my 20’s I was so f***d up I threw haymakers at people who didn’t at all deserve that. Thank God I was too slow to connect….

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Mentally, I’m dreaming of a return 20x a day, especially reading about more & more of you handsome BM slowly getting back. But with my personal situation, it’s not happening. I will never go for less than 6 weeks or so,  and I’m not planning on skimping when I return. It will be both a sprint AND a marathon, I’m aiming for 100 notches, #101 I’m paying a dowry for…..

A real shame as it’s been over 10 years, I had a business class flight with Turkish through Zurich booked for early 2021, but that was scrapped due to COVID and my Dad’s cancer. 

So I’m actually hoping it will be long enough that all these conditions like insurance are dropped. . Just celebrated my 46th, maybe I can make it over for my 47th, but that’s Songkran/hot season. I prefer going when it’s freezing in Canada…….so November 2023 should be good

But whatever my situation, and how much I want to get back to saving and planning for the future, I AM NOT waiting another ten years. We never know what’s around the corner, hearing about guys like Steelers4life drop at a young age really made me think……

I'm 54 in a couple of months, never thought I'd make 40 the way I lived my life. Lifetime of drug and alcohol abuse.Plus prison and the violent life I lived back when I was young . Gotta enjoy life now mate, You really don't know how much time you have left. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

1 hour ago, Golfingboy said:

Good for you on the up and up.

Weirdly I just saw some comments one of my Cyprus holiday pics on FB that Steelers had posted on made me think too..

Up and up mate 🍻🍻

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

f**k Gal

Hope it's not too bad , whatever it is don't let it grind you down .

Keep on keeping on.

• Thanks 1

Thailand for me ...

Not too sure at this moment in time I did think August , but have instead been to and are going to a few concerts and Ibiza this Saturday.

Maybe Christmas now .

Managed to scratch the itch in December and January gone so I'm not so bad, can't believe where 6 months has gone since then 

Time flies 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, galenkia said:

I'm 54 in a couple of months, never thought I'd make 40 the way I lived my life. Lifetime of drug and alcohol abuse.Plus prison and the violent life I lived back when I was young . Gotta enjoy life now mate, You really don't know how much time you have left. 

Sorry to hear of your problems, i hope all works out good for you mate 👍

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

So I’m actually hoping it will be long enough that all these conditions like insurance are dropped

The Covid insurance is very easy. I am 76 and it was only 650 baht for a month, 1050 baht for two. Took me 10 minutes to complete the on line form and cert back very quickly. Uploaded it for my Thai Pass and accepted. 

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

44 minutes ago, biggles said:

The Covid insurance is very easy. I am 76 and it was only 650 baht for a month, 1050 baht for two. Took me 10 minutes to complete the on line form and cert back very quickly. Uploaded it for my Thai Pass and accepted. 

That looks very reasonable. I thought it would be more than that for over 70. Did the insurance company as many questions before issuing a policy?