So...Who's planning what to do on their first night back in Pattaya?

Butch

As the new topics are uplifting and encouraging, maybe it's time to start deciding what we plan to do once we set foot back in town.

For many of us, it's been over 2 years or longer, and also for some of us the date of returning is getting closer, having booked or at least considered our flight options, hotels and transport.

I'm provisional so my plans might change, but I intend to get squared away at the hotel, then head straight into LK Metro. I'll grab some scoff somewhere (not decided yet - but it'll be spicy Thai food of some description) and then straight into Billabong for my first cold bottle of chang in 3 1/2 years and possibly a hook up with a mate if he's in town. Next into Jibbys, and down to Thirsty Camel to see and have a chat with Mina (formerly Le Pub) if she's there.

Next, a roll call of the GoGo's and new Beer bars in LKM, and depending upon time frame and how tired I am, possibly check out Treetown, or leave that until the next day.

Then return to the Hotel, call the Mrs and sleep like a log.

following day will be a non-naughty proper Thai massage, then sit by the pool with a cold brew for the afternoon. Evening will be a visit to Soi 7 and Walking Street for no other reason than to see the situation there and maybe grab some live music.

I'll get round to visiting the GC's and other establishments as the week goes on.

anyone else got any plans...?

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1

All depends on what time I arrive in Patts and how knackered I am after the flight. I usually fly BA (for the points mainly) but as they're not flying direct to BKK until later this year I'm guessing I'll go with someone like Finnair, which will mean changing. I'll do some research on that as being a naughty boy smoker ideally I want to change somewhere that has a smoking area in the departure terminal.

I've been staying in a UK Hilton hotel for a few months now, so have loads of Hilton Points and a diamond member, so will stay at Hilton in Patts for a few days, using points and technically they should upgrade me to a suite. Though the usual is "sorry sir, all our suites are full, so can't upgrade you". Grrrrrr . . . 

When I was staying long term in 2019 I used to eat a lot at Robin's Nest, near LK. Not sure if it's still going, I heard it closed down during Covid. But I'm pretty sure it is open, watching one of the vloggers video it showed a quick glimpse at that area and I thought I saw it open, under the new name "The Nest". Be good if they had the same staff, they always looked after me.

If I arrive in the morning I'll probably go to a GC in the afternoon. I do enjoy them, far better than the scramble at the GoGo's. I lived in Jomtien in 2019, great apartment overlooking the ocean. It was a short walk to Kit Kat. Spent many an afternoon in there . . 😉

I'll defo pop into Le Pub to see Phil and will defo go to LK area to eat and pop into RockHouse to see Alex.

Next day I'll do a tour round various apartments to find a decent apartment to rent. I'm thinking Pratamnak or Naklua, though Jomtien was ok last time. Just meant a Grab taxi every time I wanted to come into town. I'm hearing Bolt is good and cheaper now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Britboy said:

I'll do some research on that as being a naughty boy smoker ideally I want to change somewhere that has a smoking area in the departure terminal.

Helsinki definitely has smoking areas in the Non-Schengen transit area where you'll be.  I was there a few days ago.

Though the usual is "sorry sir, all our suites are full, so can't upgrade you".

Have their booking website page open on your phone with suite availability for your stay to show them.  If only available for the first night tell them you'll take that as it then becomes easier to prolong the stay and let them find someone else to put off.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Britboy said:

All depends on what time I arrive in Patts and how knackered I am after the flight. I usually fly BA (for the points mainly) but as they're not flying direct to BKK until later this year I'm guessing I'll go with someone like Finnair, which will mean changing. I'll do some research on that as being a naughty boy smoker ideally I want to change somewhere that has a smoking area in the departure terminal.

I've been staying in a UK Hilton hotel for a few months now, so have loads of Hilton Points and a diamond member, so will stay at Hilton in Patts for a few days, using points and technically they should upgrade me to a suite. Though the usual is "sorry sir, all our suites are full, so can't upgrade you". Grrrrrr . . . 

When I was staying long term in 2019 I used to eat a lot at Robin's Nest, near LK. Not sure if it's still going, I heard it closed down during Covid. But I'm pretty sure it is open, watching one of the vloggers video it showed a quick glimpse at that area and I thought I saw it open, under the new name "The Nest". Be good if they had the same staff, they always looked after me.

If I arrive in the morning I'll probably go to a GC in the afternoon. I do enjoy them, far better than the scramble at the GoGo's. I lived in Jomtien in 2019, great apartment overlooking the ocean. It was a short walk to Kit Kat. Spent many an afternoon in there . . 😉

I'll defo pop into Le Pub to see Phil and will defo go to LK area to eat and pop into RockHouse to see Alex.

Next day I'll do a tour round various apartments to find a decent apartment to rent. I'm thinking Pratamnak or Naklua, though Jomtien was ok last time. Just meant a Grab taxi every time I wanted to come into town. I'm hearing Bolt is good and cheaper now.

Nest is open, in fact Alex says the Sunday lunch is excellent. The food is not fine cuisine but always good quality and good prices. 

Got a funny feeling Alex now does breakfast on his menu. He is presently in the P.I.

• Thanks 1

My first night will be in the Novotel Suvannabumpi so might be a cold one in their Sports Bar or a 35 baht ride to Asoke and a beer in Soi Cowboy.

Arrive airport 4.25pm so my choice may be based on when we (family) check in and how we feel but will definitely have a beer in hotel or town. If in town it is likely to be just me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KWA said:

Helsinki definitely has smoking areas in the Non-Schengen transit area where you'll be.  I was there a few days ago.

Have their booking website page open on your phone with suite availability for your stay to show them.  If only available for the first night tell them you'll take that as it then becomes easier to prolong the stay and let them find someone else to put off.

Many thanks @KWA

6 hours ago, Butch said:

As the new topics are uplifting and encouraging, maybe it's time to start deciding what we plan to do once we set foot back in town.

For many of us, it's been over 2 years or longer, and also for some of us the date of returning is getting closer, having booked or at least considered our flight options, hotels and transport.

I'm provisional so my plans might change, but I intend to get squared away at the hotel, then head straight to Pooks Bar and get stuck, balls deep into a big  strapping Ladyboy. Then off to onto LK Metro. I'll grab some scoff somewhere (not decided yet - but it'll be spicy Thai food of some description) and then straight into Billabong for my first cold bottle of chang in 3 1/2 years and possibly a hook up with a mate if he's in town. Next into Jibbys, and down to Thirsty Camel to see and have a chat with Mina (formerly Le Pub) if she's there.

Next, a roll call of the GoGo's and new Beer bars in LKM, and depending upon time frame and how tired I am, possibly check out Treetown, or leave that until the next day.

Then return to the Hotel, call the Mrs and sleep like a log.

following day will be a non-naughty proper Thai massage, then sit by the pool with a cold brew for the afternoon. Evening will be a visit to Soi 7 and Walking Street for no other reason than to see the situation there and maybe grab some live music.

I'll get round to visiting the GC's and other establishments as the week goes on.

anyone else got any plans...?

Very similar to you, and it now looks likely that we shall be out during the same time. Though I will give Pooks a swerve 😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Nest is open, in fact Alex says the Sunday lunch is excellent. The food is not fine cuisine but always good quality and good prices. 

Got a funny feeling Alex now does breakfast on his menu. He is presently in the P.I.

That's great to hear, thanks. Sounds like Nest is the same as before.

I remember Alex did regular trips to PI.

• Like 1

That's great to hear, thanks. Sounds like Nest is the same as before.

I remember Alex did regular trips to PI.

Yes it seems he is not too impressed with Angeles and is heading for Makati. Not sure how long he is away. 

Think I saw the picture of breakfast on Facebook and I am now wondering whether it was an old photo. I believe he does food so not so sure now if he does breakfast. Used to do a bloody lovely brekky in there. I will find out in August when visiting Pattaya for a couple of days unless anybody else is in there first.

Edit: Just found the photo on Facebook, it is indeed an old brekky photo from a few years back, sadly.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Yes it seems he is not too impressed with Angeles and is heading for Makati. Not sure how long he is away. 

Think I saw the picture of breakfast on Facebook and I am now wondering whether it was an old photo. I believe he does food so not so sure now if he does breakfast. Used to do a bloody lovely brekky in there. I will find out in August when visiting Pattaya for a couple of days unless anybody else is in there first.

Edit: Just found the photo on Facebook, it is indeed an old brekky photo from a few years back, sadly.

Dutch tomatoes ? 😉

• Haha 4

I don't expect to spend much time in Pattaya as I have travelled around my last few trips, but if I do it will probably be similar to what I did in February this year. Get the bus down from Bkk for a couple of nights stay in the Dynasty Inn. Then out for a beer the first night with half a dozen mates in LK metro. The second afternoon spent with a regular, before heading out to Le Pub to see Phil, followed by the Rock House to see Alex. After, hook back up with my lady friend to finish off the evening. 

Back to Bkk on the bus lunch time the next day.

It was an enjoyable few days so a repeat is probable. 

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 5

I'll be spending my first two nights in BKK and probably won't venture far from the Nana area; when I get to Pattaya I'll be staying close to LK and Treetown so will most likely hang around that area the first night and wander out further the next, off to LePub to say hello and see where I get to after that. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Who is Alex?

5 hours ago, Kathmandu said:

Who is Alex?

Blimey have you ever been to Pattaya. Probably one of the most infamous bar owners in Pattaya and one of the biggest characters.

He runs the Rockhouse so I am surprised you haven't heard of him. You obviously also haven't ever been a member of Pattaya Live or been into his bar.

I was also really replying to a comment that Britboy was popping into the Rockhouse to see him.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Surprised 1

I believe whenever you reach Pattaya all plans go out the window.

Best first night I had was also my first ever night in Pattaya, I had previously stayed in Bangkok and traveled all over Thailand but never Pattaya. So my first night was book into Privi Suites and then I met a group of guys from Pattaya Addicts for a Friday night pub crawl along Walking Street, brilliant night from what I can remember.

Would love to do something similar on my return.

On 6/8/2022 at 8:47 AM, Stillearly said:

A massage will be first ...

Won’t be the the first thing I do, but you can bet I will get dozens & dozens of hours on my next trip. Feels SO good, and one of those services that’s so cheap in LOS yet pretty much a luxury back home. Had a  chain in Arizona just before the stock collapse in 2008,  that offered some at $39/hour when you went a few times a month.  But these days a proper spa is sadly around $100 CAD. That’s why I don’t mind doubling the cost in Thailand as a tip, I appreciate their effort & how much similar would set me back across the pond 

3 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

Won’t be the the first thing I do, but you can bet I will get dozens & dozens of hours on my next trip. Feels SO good, and one of those services that’s so cheap in LOS yet pretty much a luxury back home. Had a  chain in Arizona just before the stock collapse in 2008,  that offered some at $39/hour when you went a few times a month.  But these days a proper spa is sadly around $100 CAD. That’s why I don’t mind doubling the cost in Thailand as a tip, I appreciate their effort & how much similar would set me back across the pond 

LDOP  .... 😉😉😉 

I always tip 100 Baht for show at the till ... but the real tipping goes on behind the curtains 555 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

LDOP  .... 😉😉😉 

I always tip 100 Baht for show at the till ... but the real tipping goes on behind the curtains 555 

Hey hey, I was talking the real therapeutic variety sir. I know where to go for both. It’s kind of like when a newbie says “which hotels are girl-friendly”…..which parlours actually offer happy endings? 

• Haha 1

On 6/8/2022 at 6:21 PM, Britboy said:

I was a regular on Soi 4 Pratamnak when staying long term in Patts. Have a lookie mate, its not cheap but its excellent imo, owned and managed by a French guy and his Thai wife.

Here ya go www.Maleehouse.com.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I was a regular on Soi 4 Pratamnak when staying long term in Patts. Have a lookie mate, its not cheap but its excellent imo, owned and managed by a French guy and his Thai wife.

Here ya go www.Maleehouse.com.

Thanks for this, looks good . . 

There's a vlogger who done quite a few videos on apartments in Pattaya, Jomtien, etc. Some are really good, at places like ONE, Zire, Riviera, Tara Court, The Point, View Cosy Beach Residence and a couple of the View Talays. I'm looking for a sea view and all those have that at 16k baht and under. Seems like a buyers (or should I say renters) market at the moment as most prices can be negotiated, especially for long term lets.

• Thumbs Up 1