Seeking recent info on renewing a 5 year motorbike license

how24111

Hi,  does anyone have recent info or experience in renewing a 5 year Thai motorcycle license.  It is not expired yet, expires  Aug. 2022. 

What paperwork is needed ?  Do I need an appointment or can I just come there and get in line ?  Thanks for any help.

22 minutes ago, how24111 said:

Do I need an appointment or can I just come there and get in line and wait ? 

According to the link it does say :-

"I strongly advise arriving early at the Land Transport Office on the date you decide to renew your license."

Not definitive, but it does suggest to me as 'no'

Let us know how you get on as I'll be renewing mine shortly.👍

• Thumbs Up 1

you need an appointment.  for sure

am doing mine now

when you go to the DVLA place, ask at the tent marked Foreigner.  she will check your licence and passport and give u an appointment within a few days.

she also gives you a list of what you need.  its dead easy

you have to watch a shitty safety video online for an hour and that gives you a certificate at the end

the list of needs is short.  ffs dont pay an agent.  they cant save you any leg work except for the immigration letter, which costs about 200 baht

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

2 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

you need an appointment.  for sure

am doing mine now

when you go to the DVLA place, ask at the tent marked Foreigner.  she will check your licence and passport and give u an appointment within a few days.

she also gives you a list of what you need.  its dead easy

you have to watch a shitty safety video online for an hour and that gives you a certificate at the end

the list of needs is short.  ffs dont pay an agent.  they cant save you any leg work except for the immigration letter, which costs about 200 baht

Thanks for this info.  I will definitely make an appointment.  Do they still require a health letter from a clinic for a renewal ?  If so, that's not a big deal,  200 baht doctor fee.   Thanks again for your help. 

1 hour ago, how24111 said:

Thanks for this info.  I will definitely make an appointment.  Do they still require a health letter from a clinic for a renewal ?  If so, that's not a big deal,  200 baht doctor fee.   Thanks again for your help. 

yes, still need that

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, how24111 said:

100 bt at a clinic on Soi Bouakhau,  no medical tests needed. 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, how24111 said:

Thanks,  do you remember the name of this clinic ?   or  some reference point.

Buakouw Clinic, a very small shop almost opposite Sugar Sugar agogo,  by LK Metro,  next to Vice City. Take your passport as they copy the name. 

Screenshot_20220612-065318_Earth.jpg

• Like 1