Grocery delivery in Pattaya area

Britboy

One of the few good things to come out of Covid in the UK, primarily due to lockdowns, was that it became much easier to get stuff delivered.

I'm thinking of food in particular. When I was there in 2019 it was easy to get meals delivered, but what about groceries? Are there places/apps in Pattaya that will deliver grocery orders?

The answer to this may well dictate where I find a condo. Last time I was there I had a great condo in Jomtien, at Grand Condotel. One drawback was it's set back quite a bit from the main Pattaya/Jomtien road (so near the beach) and it became a real fag to walk all the way to the supermarket and back when it was baking hot.

I use Lotus's and Expatfoods/Siamburis.

https://www.lotuss.com/en Lotus is free delivery over 800 baht order but delivery next day. They do same day delivery but it is from the small lotus Fresh shops so choice is limited. Their website is slow and cumbersome compared to the Tesco/Lotus website but I finally mastered it. Look out for special offers. I have orered 8 litres of cherry juice with 20 baht off a litre....(6 weeks time I will be drinking cherry wine! Woohoo!!!)

https://expatfoodsthailand.com/shop/ Expatfoods in conjunction with Siamburis so you get the best of both worlds .Delivery is free in the Pattaya area for orders over 1,000 Baht. Website is OK but you have to pay by ATM before they will deliver. The day after ordering I get to the ATM before 8am and they deliver by 11am.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

7 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I use Lotus's and Expatfoods/Siamburis.

Website is OK but you have to pay by ATM before they will deliver. The day after ordering I get to the ATM before 8am and they deliver by 11am.

Thanks Derek.

What do you mean by "pay by ATM"? Do you mean you have to pay by cash when they deliver or transfer to them somehow via an ATM machine? Seems to defeat the object if you have to physically go out to pay them . . 😕

18 minutes ago, Britboy said:

Thanks Derek.

What do you mean by "pay by ATM"? Do you mean you have to pay by cash when they deliver or transfer to them somehow via an ATM machine? Seems to defeat the object if you have to physically go out to pay them . . 😕

From their FQA,
"After we email your invoice with the shipping fee, you can pay using Bank Transfer via your banking app or ATM transfer. Once payment is confirmed, we’ll schedule your delivery."

They're looking for payment upfront before delivery.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

From their FQA,
"After we email your invoice with the shipping fee, you can pay using Bank Transfer via your banking app or ATM transfer. Once payment is confirmed, we’ll schedule your delivery."

They're looking for payment upfront before delivery.

Ah, ok . . . understand now and makes sense. Thanks.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 months later...

I used Big C on Central a couple of times during the peak of covid. From what I recall it was relatively easy once I had things lined up. However.... i purchased the items at the store, backpacked the forzen stuff and carried it back with me. The big load was properly delivered later in the day (or the next day). Sometimes the delivery driver has issues with language. And you probably want to be in the house when they arrive which can be a wide window. Sometimes they will leave the stuff at the desk and you or someone can go down later and pick it up.

I went to the main desk and they helped me get things boxed up. It was a little bit awkward the first time (most getting properly registered and language issues), but I could see that over time it could probably work out well.

I attempted once or twice to do the shopping on-line with them but that did not seem to work out well for me. I would guess though in time and with practice someone could get that down. Part of the issue if I remember were problems with the website. I think if they get the bugs worked out and I find a place in the future that works smoothly I may try more of it. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...