Maps - Old School & Digital

lazarus

14 hours ago, maipenrai said:

I think it's amazing that they were able to construct a network so vast given the technology of the day - I've seen cross-sections of the undersea cables they used back then and they are enormous, built up of layer upon layer of natural materials and sealants to protect the conducting core and as a result being very heavy and they certainly must have taken special techniques to handle. Today's fibre optic cables would be much easier to transport and lay out on their routes. 

Dutch mate of mine from Pattaya used to work on the pipe laying ship 'the Allseas Solitaire', a similar ship to a cable layer. He became an ROV operator. Heard a lot of stories of these type of ships.

8 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Dutch mate of mine from Pattaya used to work on the pipe laying ship 'the Allseas Solitaire', a similar ship to a cable layer. He became an ROV operator. Heard a lot of stories of these type of ships.

On my first visit to SE Asia in 2002, when I was spending two nights in Singapore on the way to Australia, I met a fellow in a pub one night who worked on a specialized fibre ship; the job he was there working on was the nearby retrieval of a new fibre cable that had been laid underwater and then damaged by a ship's anchor catching it - his ship had gear that could grab the cable  and bring it up to the ship for repair. 

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think you could make a similar map of Thailand, using the same key, but instead of % of households owning at least one dog, it would read number of dogs per household Let's see now, the GF is in the 10 to 19 dogs in her household group, quite moderate, lol.

346262006_5600509466717692_8550969915743

• Haha 1

The Spider is said to be one of the more intimate positions and involves a couple facing each other in a seated position. The receiver lies back first, while the other partner goes in between their legs to achieve penetration. Then, this partner also lies back, allowing for either partner to thrust.

Allows both to keep a beer in one hand an a ciggy in the other.

• Haha 2