Some Good News

Nightcrawler

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2328513/thailand-pass-covid-insurance-to-end-july-1

Thailand Pass registration and compulsory Covid-19 insurance will be lifted for all people arriving in Thailand from July 1, a senior government spokesman said on Friday.

Taweesilp Visanuyothin, spokesman for the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, said these decisions were made at a meeting of the CCSA on Friday. 

Arrivals will need only show their vaccination certificates or Covid-19 test results.

Without such proof, arrivals will be given random, professional antigen tests at permanent border entry points. Random testing would continue until the government lifts all state-of-emergency measures to deal with Covid-
The Thailand Pass registration system will remain in place but be used only for travellers to report suspected symptoms of dangerous and other communicable diseases, as determined by the Public Health Ministry, Dr Taweesilp said.

Foreign nationals will not have to be insured for Covid-19, and thermal scanning will end at border checkpoints, he said.

A certification of fitness for entry, issued by a Thai consulate, will also no longer be required.

At present, visitors are required to have US$10,000 Covid-19 insurance coverage. From July 1, the government will still encourage visitors to have such insurance, the spokesman said.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Perhaps they will soon extend opening hours to 2am soon. I think the wearing of face masks has been lifted to. 

I recall reading somewhere, a few days ago, that they were thinking of extending the standard 30 day entry visa on arrival to 45 days. Not sure if that is the case or not

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I recall reading somewhere, a few days ago, that they were thinking of extending the standard 30 day entry visa on arrival to 45 days. Not sure if that is the case or not

The 30 to 45 day change isn't part of the CCSA directive... Hopefully in the near future it will happen though !

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

A mate of mine is on a 30 day entry and says he is extending to 60 days. He was going to leave after 60 days and do a flight to Cambodia but a Thai agent says he can buy a 60 day COVID extension.

Anybody know if this is still true.

You can get an extendable 60 day visa without having to renew.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Perhaps they will soon extend opening hours to 2am soon. I think the wearing of face masks has been lifted to. 

Some vlogger on my YT feed mentioned after saying the Thai Pass would be eliminated on July 1st, also said the new closing times would be extended to 2 am.

So, this looks like it's just about as close to the pre-Covid days as it's going to get. My thing was simply hoping for the elimination of these entry requirements save for maybe showing proof of being vaccinated if necessary.

I'll be searching out late December airfares this weekend and if the price looks good, I'm in.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Horizondave said:

A mate of mine is on a 30 day entry and says he is extending to 60 days. He was going to leave after 60 days and do a flight to Cambodia but a Thai agent says he can buy a 60 day COVID extension.

Anybody know if this is still true.

I think the Covid 60 day extension can be applied for until 25th July, but you need to first do the 30 day extension on your TR or exempt entry if available.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, john1000 said:

You can get an extendable 60 day visa without having to renew.

60 day visa you mention is likely a tourist visa but the guy is already in country on a 30 day visa waiver going by Horizondave's post, so can't get the TR visa without leaving.

Mate arrived around 21 May and will get 30 days added which I thinks takes him till around 20 July. He was going to Phnom Penh and come back around 25 July and stay till early September.

A Thai agent mentioned the COVID 60 extension but my mate wasn't sure he if he meant added to his existing 30 day entry or after he has done 60 days.

6 hours ago, Horizondave said:

A Thai agent mentioned the COVID 60 extension but my mate wasn't sure he if he meant added to his existing 30 day entry or after he has done 60 days.

Covid 60 day extension would be on top of his 30 + 30 he's already planned for and his timing sound good for applying just before the next planned cut off.

Edited by KWA
  • Thanks 1