Ko Lanta

AJSP

Anyone have good experiences of here and where’s best to stay!?

Staying in Ao Nang in August and thinking of going there for a stay ….by ferry maybe?

Edited by AJSP

Yeah I had a few days there maybe 4 or 5 years ago. Fairly quiet and a place to go to stick your feet up and chill out. I stayed right on the beach in this nice place, was lovely beach right out the front door and sea 20 metered away probably. That area is quiet and low key a few of the hotels have small beach style bars to wander and have a few beers and get some food.

https://www.booking.com/hotel/th/baan-rim-lay.en-gb.html

Check what the crack is in august though because there are a few months when the weather isn’t great and a lot of stuff shuts down.

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

Ko lanta yai is a nice place,its connected to ko lanta noi by bridge not much to do in noi just villages ect,yai if i remember correctly has a few bars n markets,nice beach area,and tsunami museum,memorial at far end of island,some trees on the beach still have photos of young kids attached to them who went missing during the tsunami,the familys used to come once a year to lay flowers by them,worth a visit for a few days at least.

• Thanks 1