Jomtien - New Restaurant - Three Angels in VT2A

ChiFlyer

For a starter, I am breaking the rules for this forum. I am not the business owner, but I reach out to the ex-pat community on behalf of the business owners who are all Thai and occasionally benefit from my English translation services. I have no fiduciary interest in this business, nor do I work on their behalf beyond this simplistic capacity. I also do not have a work permit. 🙄

My GF is the owner of this place. It is a small restaurant and not that serious of an endeavor as compared to some larger restaurants. It has about 5 tables. They serve primarily Thai food, freshly ground coffee, and some Farang type breakfasts and snacks. The cook (not my GF) ran a similar place in Korat for over 10 years. Her Thai food recipes are good. I recommend her Cashew Chicken dish. OTOH I like my version of Chicken Panang better than hers. 🙂Please do not tell her I said that. 🤐

Anyway, the place is called "Three Angels" and is located in the VT2A condo complex in Jomtien. It is on the first floor. Make a left as you enter the building. This place definitely makes the "Under 300 Baht" list. The Thai food is pretty decent.

Some fool bank rolled them to a higher end CAT internet service. They have had a few clowns order water just to camp on the internet service for hours. Their asses were tossed. They do have a good connection with the VT2A Security people, who are pretty decent IMO.  

• Like 4

Just a note, as a few have expressed an interest in stopping by the restaurant. VT2A will have some rolling water outages on Thursday and Friday of this week. This is due to a planned water tank upgrade that makes sense IMO.

The estimated schedule for these outages has the restaurant without water from 9 AM to Noon on Thursday. The ladies plan to come in early and draw down a few large containers of water. Still service may be affected on that day.

On 6/19/2022 at 1:29 PM, ChiFlyer said:

They have had a few clowns order water just to camp on the internet service for hours. Their asses were tossed.

Did one of them have Hungarian as his native language?  It would make my day, week, month, year,  if you answer "yes."   :default_biggrin:

I wish your girlfriend 

istockphoto-1145776630-612x612.jpg

with her restaurant!

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Evil Penevil said:

Did one of them have Hungarian as his native language?  It would make my day, week, month, year,  if you answer "yes."   :default_biggrin:

I wish your girlfriend 

istockphoto-1145776630-612x612.jpg

with her restaurant!

Evil

Sorry, but I can not report on what language they were speaking. She tossed their butts before I became involved. One does not want to get on the wrong side of this woman. One of the guys over at PA who met her when she was operating a couple of hair salons commented "their is no grass growing under her feet".

I like to support these "out of the way" places, more so if they're a small operation, as frequently the best food and service comes at a great value for money price.

There used to be a small eaterie (since closed)on Soi Xzyte just up from the Triangle Bar where my friends wife was helping out with the cooking. Best genuine home cooked Thai food within a big radius and at half the price. Can't beat that.

54 minutes ago, Butch said:

There used to be a small eaterie (since closed)on Soi Xzyte just up from the Triangle Bar where my friends wife was helping out with the cooking. Best genuine home cooked Thai food within a big radius and at half the price. Can't beat that.

I ate at that restaurant several times.  Big plates of good food at ridiculously low prices.  If at that time I had lived closer to it, I would have eaten there regularly.

Evil

• Like 2

On 6/21/2022 at 10:15 AM, ChiFlyer said:

Just a note, as a few have expressed an interest in stopping by the restaurant. VT2A will have some rolling water outages on Thursday and Friday of this week. This is due to a planned water tank upgrade that makes sense IMO.

The estimated schedule for these outages has the restaurant without water from 9 AM to Noon on Thursday. The ladies plan to come in early and draw down a few large containers of water. Still service may be affected on that day.

I've stayed in VT2A several times over my last few trips and may stay there again - I'll have to remember this place if I do; during my last stay they lost the underground power wires for a couple of days and had to replace them with aerial wires instead, I think March of 2020 - were you there at this time? 

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, maipenrai said:

I've stayed in VT2A several times over my last few trips and may stay there again - I'll have to remember this place if I do; during my last stay they lost the underground power wires for a couple of days and had to replace them with aerial wires instead, I think March of 2020 - were you there at this time? 

Yes, I have been here for most of the last 6 years.

I think what you are talking about is the event where -> a cat got into the main electric room and somehow managed to short himself out across two different feeds. So long Mr. Whiskers and the damage took 3 days to repair as I recall.

The GF and I were lucky in that she owned a small condo over in the Jomtien Beach Condo complex (near soi 9 on Jomtien 2nd Road). We just stayed there for a few days until things got back to normal at VT2A. 

On 6/23/2022 at 10:00 AM, ChiFlyer said:

Yes, I have been here for most of the last 6 years.

I think what you are talking about is the event where -> a cat got into the main electric room and somehow managed to short himself out across two different feeds. So long Mr. Whiskers and the damage took 3 days to repair as I recall.

The GF and I were lucky in that she owned a small condo over in the Jomtien Beach Condo complex (near soi 9 on Jomtien 2nd Road). We just stayed there for a few days until things got back to normal at VT2A. 

Well, I never heard that theory before but something went bang somewhere and caused a lot of damage around the corner on Thappraya Rd as well; the end result for VT2A was  that two of the three underground cables shorted to each other and were first replaced by temporary wires laid on the ground, and then by an aerial pole line. I didn't fare too badly, my condo was on the prevailing wind side so I could leave the doors open at night and get enough air through to sleep; I had a flashlight headband that I wore for reading, etc. and the water was still flowing for cool showers - it was still a big relief when they finally fixed it!

img_0472.jpg

6 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Well, I never heard that theory before but something went bang somewhere and caused a lot of damage around the corner on Thappraya Rd as well; the end result for VT2A was  that two of the three underground cables shorted to each other and were first replaced by temporary wires laid on the ground, and then by an aerial pole line. I didn't fare too badly, my condo was on the prevailing wind side so I could leave the doors open at night and get enough air through to sleep; I had a flashlight headband that I wore for reading, etc. and the water was still flowing for cool showers - it was still a big relief when they finally fixed it!

img_0472.jpg

These were two separate incidents. The cat attack was the more serious of the two. It caused a 3 day outage. The Boom down the street was also a multi-day outage. In both cases the GF and I bailed to her condo down by soi 9 on Jomtien Second Road.

Oh wow, I just remembered. The great Aiyaree exodus occurred during the water tank outage. This was less than a year ago. Some contractor who was working on the water tank project on the roof, disconnected the wrong line causing the entire tank to release it's contents down the main downward routes of the building, which are adjacent to the electric rooms on each floor. Took out the electricity including the elevators. The GF and I had to walk down the stairs (through draining water) from the 16th floor with suitcases. My legs were sore for 3 days. The Aiyaree is a decent short term refuge from any VT2A problems.

https://www.facebook.com/newaiyareeplaceresort/

It is just down the street from VT2A. There must have been 20 of us over there. We were calling ourselves the VT2A refugees. Not a bad deal at the Aiyaree at the time (covid was good for hotel prices). I think we paid 500 a night and that included breakfast. Their internet is for sh*t though. It works slowly some of the time.

In defense of VT2A, the building was constructed over 20 years ago. About 4 years ago a new management committee took over from the previous one who had done a horse sh*t job of keeping after things including keeping appropriate funding in place. The multiple significant outages over the last few years are in part due to the catch-up work that has been ongoing. As well, the Boom outage was due primarily to the infrastructure in Bang Lamung in general. The cat outage. Hey sh*t happens.  

In general, I like VT2A.

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Like 1

On 6/23/2022 at 1:00 AM, maipenrai said:

I  recall reading a post five years ago by a hungry little fellow who lives in VT2A.  There had been a power outage and he had been trapped in an elevator for 90 minutes.  It was even worse when he was shopping at Central Festival Mall and the power failed.  He was trapped on the escalator for three hours.

Evil

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

I  recall reading a post five years ago by a hungry little fellow who lives in VT2A.  There had been a power outage and he had been trapped in an elevator for 90 minutes.  It was even worse when he was shopping at Central Festival Mall and the power failed.  He was trapped on the escalator for three hours.

Evil

The person you mention, as we both know, bitches and moans about everything. He also seems to "exaggerate".

13 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

The person you mention, as we both know, bitches and moans about everything. He also seems to "exaggerate".

He sure does, especially about how little he pays for "stunners."   :default_biggrin:  But he's a very unappetizing subject for a restaurant thread, so I apologize for mentioning him.

Evil

10 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

He sure does, especially about how little he pays for "stunners."   :default_biggrin:  But he's a very unappetizing subject for a restaurant thread, so I apologize for mentioning him.

Evil

Not a problem my man. I have learned more about restaurant options in Bang Lamung from you than I have from anyone else, though you do have competition. 😀

Funny, I have never seen him with a stunner or any decent looking woman for that matter, despite that he lives in the same building. I have overheard him talking on the phone by the pool describing how he is nailing super pussy.

Like I said, I pity this guy. He seems to be one miserable SOB.

Edited by ChiFlyer

• 1 month later...

Just from my perspective and to probably conclude my participation in this topic, the GF has sold the restaurant to another owner. Details are still being worked out, but it appears that the new owner is retaining the cook (actually it sounds like they moved in together). 🙂

If one likes the food, go for it. 😀

Although I predict that they may be throwing dishes at each other before too long (I am just being a jerk with that statement), I wish them well and the transition should go well with regard to participation from the GF's  side. 😀

• Thumbs Up 3