You don't miss your turn anymore...Not at these prices.

Butch

5 hours ago, nampla69 said:

They recommend any beer bars as being better than others ???  or was it just pot luck .... probably the latter but interested for a friend .... ahem ...

No specific bar mate, they are not the type to sit in just the one bar for long, they prefer to wander about and try many in the areas mentioned......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SteveBC said:

No specific bar mate, they are not the type to sit in just the one bar for long, they prefer to wander about and try many in the areas mentioned......

I got to PBG just before 12 noon on Saturday and stayed for a couple of hours. During that time there were a couple of girls that walked in alone, did a tour of the table mats and walked out. Nice looking girls too!!

The new corner bar at the entrance to WS looks quite promising and they will have to compete with Siren complex which is selling beer chang at 85 baht a bottle (I asked on the way out of PBG)

• Like 2
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, SteveBC said:

Sound like me ....can't beat a good wander daytime or night. I get restless and want to see more. Need to drink more soda next trip. Much appreciated info on this thread I'll tell my imaginary friend.

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Yessongs said:

I got pretty much the same after 17 years or so of LT, not one ever told me she has to leave. One did in Phuket I remember, she told me " She has to take her boyfriend to work, he no hab ride today"   I kid you not.  

My buddy Jim and I took these gals from Secrets one night back in 2014. Next morning the gal I took offered to take me to breakfast and pay for it..........at Secrets of course. 

Wonder if she is still around? 

DSCN9773.JPG

DSCN9776.JPG

She took me to a Tom Bar last time I saw her. ........... was an interesting evening !!!

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

I am similar. Never stay in a bar for more than an hour unless there is something pretty spectacular going on. 

A bars atmosphere can change from day to day or even hour to hour sometimes. 

Never been interested in staying in a bar all evening with a crowd of blokes, drinking in rounds. OK in London perhaps but not Pattaya and time is precious. 

For me, Pattaya is, all about doing stuff that I would not normally do at home, or cannot do at home. It's a giant candy store. 

I move on the minute I get bored or under stimulated. When it's get to hot outside, then into an aircon gogo, then back out again. 

Beware of some bars like in Soi 7. Girls stand by the road trying to lure you to their  bar, then as soon as you are sat ordering a drink, they f*ck off again😁😁 and you sat on your todd. Bollox to that.  I am in charge, not them. Prices become irrelevant. My money, my choice, although I appreciate they are just trying to make a living. 

Bingo.

I am too adventurous to stay in the same place all night. Some guys only visit a select few bars on a 2-3 week  trip. I guess they find comfort in repetition.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

I am similar. Never stay in a bar for more than an hour unless there is a pretty spectacular homosexual orgy going on. 

A bars atmosphere can change from day to day or even hour to hour sometimes. 

Always been interested in staying in a bar all evening with a crowd of naked blokes, drinking GHB in rounds. OK in London perhaps but not Pattaya and time is precious. 

For me, Pattaya is, all about doing sexual deviant stuff that I would not normally do at home, or cannot do at home for fear of arrest. It's a giant candy store full of virile young men. 

I move on the minute I get bored or under stimulated. When it's get to hot outside, then into an aircon gogo, then back out again. 

Beware of some bars like in Soi 7. Girls stand by the road trying to lure you to their  bar, then as soon as you are sat ordering a drink, they f*ck off again😁😁 and you sat on your todd. Bollox to that.  I am in charge, not them. Prices become irrelevant. My money, my choice, although I appreciate they are just trying to make a living. 

Slight bit of punctuation needed cleaning up mate.

I 100% agree with your original version of the post, and the last sentence says everything, it is our money and our choice.

I also tend to migrate from area to area. If say, I'm on Bukhao early evening, fed and watered, I might head to Soi 6 to see how things are there, very often it can be a fun change of scenery. We have the increased number of GC's available now so really, to spend any time in a place it needs to be quite special.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Butch said:

Slight bit of punctuation needed cleaning up mate.

I 100% agree with your original version of the post, and the last sentence says everything, it is our money and our choice.

I also tend to migrate from run of the mill bars to Boyz Town for some arse action. If say, I'm on Bukhao early evening, fed and watered, I might head to Pook bar for some ladyboy cock. Very often it can be a fun change of scenery. We have the increased number of Gay karaoke clubs  available now so really, to spend any time in a place it needs to be quite special.

Adjusted for yer 😁

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lirchenfeld said:

Bingo.

I am too adventurous to stay in the same place all night. Some guys only visit a select few bars on a 2-3 week  trip. I guess they find comfort in repetition.

I'm one of those guys when it comes time for a drinking session where I'll most likely not take any company. Maybe a couple days a week at most.

But if out and about on the hunt, then I'm one who prefers a solo jaunt as, like Nightcrawler mentioned before, it's my money and my choice on how much I'll spend, but if out on your own, it's also your decision on where to go and for how long. No need for consulting your mate to see what he thinks, no committee meetings to decide where to go next if among 4-5 guys. Just pay up and move out to wherever your heart desires.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

The following is a screenshot of a post that appeared on the International Sex Guide in December of 2002, almost 20 years ago:

6407.jpg

Compare the above "price list" with the prices given in SteveBC's post:

On 7/4/2022 at 9:45 AM, SteveBC said:

All girls from Beer Bars apart from one who was a waitress in a well known eatery.

Bar fines have mostly been 400bt, one bar was 300bt and for the waitress there was no BF as she was about to finish her shift.

The girls asked for 1,500bt for all night, 2 girls asked for 1,000bt for the same.

They told me that all were happy in the morning and received 100bt extra for the motorbike taxi home

What's most striking about the comparison is that prices for BBGs have remained remarkably stable since 2002.  Considering the cumulative effects of inflation in Thailand over the past 20 years have been about 40%, the two girls who accepted 1,000 baht for L/T from SteveBC's mates were actually getting 600 baht in real compensation on an inflation-adjusted basis compared with 2002.  On the flip side, SteveBC's mates paid those two girls 40% LESS in real money than they would have in 2002.

Of course, developments in prices for girls' fees in Pattaya depend on more than inflation.  The situation is particularly complicated regarding go go dancers, but that's beyond the scope of this thread.  I should mention bar fines, though, which have risen more significantly than the girls' fees.

That's because the purpose of a high bar fine is to DISCOURAGE customers from taking girls out of the bars.  The goal of high bar fines is not to generate profit through the fees themselves, but through the sale of drinks that might not have occurred if the girl(s) weren't in the bar.  A stage full of girls is the biggest, uh, asset a bar has in attracting the drinkers who ultimately determine whether a bar operates at a profit or loss.

Every time someone writes, "Two-thousand-baht bar fines are crazy.  I'll never pay that much," it proves the policy works.

Evil

• Like 2
  • Great Info 4

1 hour ago, Evil Penevil said:

The following is a screenshot of a post that appeared on the International Sex Guide in December of 2002, almost 20 years ago:

6407.jpg

What's most striking about the comparison is that prices for BBGs have remained remarkably stable since 2002.  Considering the cumulative effects of inflation in Thailand over the past 20 years have been about 40%, the two girls who accepted 1,000 baht for L/T from SteveBC's mates were actually getting 600 baht in real compensation on an inflation-adjusted basis compared with 2002.  On the flip side, SteveBC's mates paid those two girls 40% LESS in real money than they would have in 2002.

Of course, developments in prices for girls' fees in Pattaya depend on more than inflation.  The situation is particularly complicated regarding go go dancers, but that's beyond the scope of this thread.  I should mention bar fines, though, which have risen more significantly than the girls' fees.

That's because the purpose of a high bar fine is to DISCOURAGE customers from taking girls out of the bars.  The goal of high bar fines is not to generate profit through the fees themselves, but through the sale of drinks that might not have occurred if the girl(s) weren't in the bar.  A stage full of girls is the biggest, uh, asset a bar has in attracting the drinkers who ultimately determine whether a bar operates at a profit or loss.

Every time someone writes, "Two-thousand-baht bar fines are crazy.  I'll never pay that much," it proves the policy works.

Evil

Spot on.

2 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

6407.jpg

Evil

Inflation has mostly only hit expensive things.....Gold, Cars, Flights food a bit, but not terrible etc...Cheap rooms and cheap food is still cheap as it was in 2002....Ok street food may have gone up from 30 to 40 baht but nothing crazy......1,000 baht still buys quite a bit, so that's why many non GoGo girls are still happy with 1,000 to 1,500 for the night..

When street food cost 100 baht then 1,000 to 1,500 will not cut it...

All this makes me very happy because I am a card carrying cheap charley....lol

Edited by fforest
  • Like 2

As a visitor, I will factor in a 10% increase in my holiday budget from that when I last visited pre Covid, although my accommodation is actually cheaper than it was last time, having been given a returning customer discount. No doubt drink prices are up, even though many bars seem to be  currently offering promotion deals and happy hours\days. But I always take more money with me than I end up spending. Looking at some of the restaurant menus, food prices seem to have gone up in general. 

The last thing I want to do is spend my time trying to sniff out a bargain whilst on holiday. If the food is good, then I don't mind paying extra, rather than search for baht buster breakfasts to save a few baht,only to spend it later on just one drink in a bar. 

For now, I reckon, with businesses and staff competing for  much smaller visitor numbers, that common sense would be to keep prices as low as possible, but that is not always the case in Thailand, in fact the opposite in many cases. 

No doubt, many first time visitors may get fleeced a bit with little knowledge of how things were before the pandemic. 

Whilst other prices may be set, there still isn't any set price for the girls apart from bar fines set by the bars themselves and should remain negotiable. 

That said, I would be in favour of "Pensioner discounts" 😊😊 

• Thumbs Up 5

I would think the availability of customers has a huge bearing on price.

When things get back to normal with customers filling the go gos and beer bars, every day of the week, the prices will rise.

When the streets have been empty and some girls have been queuing for handouts I am sure some locals have been getting bloody good deals.

The 2002 prices reflect normal times, the 2022 prices reflect a situation still not back to normal.

My mate in Hua Hin was not a person to bar fine or seek to see how much the girls need but he meets girls presently for low prices because his mobile gets inundated with very reasonable offers.

Some girls during this pandemic have probably bleated their cause to many of their basement sponsors and done better than some of their compatriots. Media has helped many.

Until the Asians come back in their millions some of the present prices will be satisfying to the many who make it to Thailand in terms of mongering.

Of course inflation will hit other things a holidaymaker (and a girl) has to consider but the prices girls ask for ST or LT has mostly been inflation proofed and asking or receiving less than normal still sees many girls survive. Many, I am sure, are happy for what they get.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2