I just paid my electric bill.....My biggest one....Did I really use the air that much?

fforest

I usually pay between 900 baht a month and 1250 baht a month like clockwork( last month a bit more).....This month for some reason I had to pay a whopping 1550.....I only use the air a few hours during the day and maybe right before sleep....

I see the temporary ( cough ) rate hike we have now, will soon have another rate hike included...

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/2329638/electricity-bills-to-surge-as-power-tariff-hits-all-time-high

I think the powers that be might be getting a little too comfortable with these rate hikes....

I think I will be keeping a closer eye on my air usage....I keep it on 24  but I can not turn the temperature up any more because 25 is not cold enough to remind me to turn it off, so I use it more on 25 than 24....

Edited by fforest

I haven't seen any increase in my electric bill. Does your bill show a higher units of consumption compared to the previous month? Also, are you paying the electric company direct or do you pay the condo association who may or may not tack on a surcharge?

One thing I do is run a fan in addition to the A/C. With the fan moving the cooled air around I find I can set the A/C at a higher temp and still feel comfortable.

9 minutes ago, Kathmandu said:

50 bucks? I wouldn't be complaining. But my position is considerably better than yours, so yeah, I'd be pissed off too.

Great..... Then you don't mind paying my bill....Just tell me where to send it...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

47 minutes ago, fforest said:

Has anyone else's electric bill been going up up....

Sometimes we have estimated bills for a couple of months and then an adjustment with a meter reading.

I'm not in Thailand but just out of interest chacked and my rate is the equivalent of THB5.62/KWh and now i see that yes its up over 25% in a year.

56 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

With the fan moving the cooled air around I find I can set the A/C at a higher temp and still feel comfortable.

Yep I have mine set to 29 degrees and I'm quite comfy....Although it seems to be a lot colder than that!!

As for my leccy bill do you or @bob ltthink I should throw my hat into the ring ???

I was surprised when my June leccy bill jumped well above 4,000 Baht, that doesn't happen very often. I thought it might be the price hike we've been promised, but it was mainly that I'd used 977 units. How did that happen? In March, April and May I only used 812, 881 and 895 units, and they're usually hotter months than June. Nothing has changed, no new power-consuming toys and no work done that might use a lot of electricity. It's a mystery, wrapped in an enigma, etc., etc. 

• Like 2

Huay Yai:

Month   units   Bt/unit,

Dec        581       4.2     (usually the coldest month)

Jan        635      4.42

Feb        616      4.42

Mar        681      4.45

April       654      4.45

May       772      4.73 

June      659      4.70

In May the inlaws were here for a few days. Since they don't know how to close a door behind them, I blame them for the higher consumption.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Yep I have mine set to 29 degrees and I'm quite comfy....Although it seems to be a lot colder than that!!

As for my leccy bill do you or @bob ltthink I should throw my hat into the ring ???

Dunno, how much is your hat worth.  :default_527:

I stayed for 1 month in a guesthouse charging 8 bt per unit. I only used a/c when "exercising" the bill was 660 for the month.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, bob lt said:

I stayed for 1 month in a guesthouse charging 8 bt per unit. I only used a/c when "exercising" the bill was 660 for the month.

Hahahaha!!

Mine increased this month but I didn't really think too much of it.. 180 Baht to 220 Baht. Water was 20 Baht...which is more than normal .... Bloody cat can go back to drinking rain water!!

• Haha 3

55 minutes ago, bob lt said:

That's a fair amount of exercising, some solo practice sessions i guess

10 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Do you people live on the sun?

My AC is usually 21, 22 max after a 18 on arrival to get it down a bit. 

Set to 29 daytime if I have it on, and 26 while sleeping. 

I came to Thailand because I like it warm.

• Thumbs Up 4

3 hours ago, Krapow said:

Do you people live on the sun?

My AC is usually 21, 22 max after a 18 on arrival to get it down a bit. 

If you have not already, it may be worth having your a/c unit(s) serviced Mr. Krap.

They may well not be working very well as if set on 21 most people would need an overcoat an woolly hat on mate !!!!

Edited by SteveBC

2 hours ago, CampariO said:

Yep almost the same. 

27 or 28 for me in the daytime, I find its the humidity rather than the temperature which makes me uncomfortable. 

Nighttime 25. 

We don't get leccie bills till later in the month up here in the jungle. Last one was around 1800 baht. 3 a/c units, f**k knows how many fans and me turning into my father by going around muttering and switching off lights. 9 of them the other evening..... 

My girl has gone back to Uni now so I am hoping June's bill will be peak consumption and maybe we can save a bit in the next few months

Who am I trying to kid? 🤔🙄💩💩

9 hours ago, Kathmandu said:

50 bucks? I wouldn't be complaining. But my position is considerably better than yours, so yeah, I'd be pissed off too.

Spot on...here in San Jose, hardly ever use the air conditioner. It was 70 degrees yesterday here and this is supposedly summer? There are some things here in Calif not to like, the year around weather is not one of them. 

My PG&E bill is usually $110-$115 per month...

At wifey's house, it seems to me that the electric bill runs about 2.5-2.8k baht per month for a 2 story home.....worth every penny. 

Edited by Yessongs
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, CampariO said:

23 or 24 when sleeping, any higher can't sleep. 

Though turned off in the morning when awake and up.

3 hours ago, SteveBC said:

If you have not already, it may be worth having your a/c unit(s) serviced Mr. Krap.

They may well not be working very well as if set on 21 most people would need an overcoat an woolly hat on mate !!!!

I'm from Northern Ireland, mate, anything over 10 degrees is bikini weather!

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Zambo said:

That's a fair amount of exercising, some solo practice sessions i guess

I've never found the  need for solo sessions in Pattaya, there is a companion waiting on every corner. Don't forget, 8 bt per unit is almost twice the domestic rate. On the flip side, I did not pay anything for water.

18 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I have the same problem DD, aircon remote set at 30C but temp in the room is 26C ????

I wonder why ?

Well my leccy bill is always circa 4500 - 5000bht per month in the hot season. I could'nt GAF as i can't/won't put a price on my comfort. If i or wifey are feeling the heat or humidity the aircon goes on.

But thats just me and my non existent budget where my/wifey's comfort is concerned, each to their own.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

23 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Well my leccy bill is always circa 4500 - 5000bht per month in the hot season. I could'nt GAF as i can't/won't put a price on my comfort. If i or wifey are feeling the heat or humidity the aircon goes on.

But thats just me and my non existent budget where my/wifey's comfort is concerned, each to their own.

Totally agree. Me and the cat like to be comfy too!

• Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I have the same problem DD, aircon remote set at 30C but temp in the room is 26C ????

I wonder why ?

Maybe because the sensor checks the temperature of the air in the A/C so by the time it reaches the required temperature the rest of the room is colder? That is purely a guess. Perhaps the sensor has a wider accuracy tolerance too...

My IDU is Toshiba ..

• Like 1