Overstay by 1 day

coxyhog

I'm booked on Eva in September & my stay in Thailand is 31 days.

Will it be a problem to overstay by one day?

I've been trying to change my booking on Eva but now have been locked out of their f***d up system & they're not answering the phone.

27 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

I'm booked on Eva in September & my stay in Thailand is 31 days.

Will it be a problem to overstay by one day?

I've been trying to change my booking on Eva but now have been locked out of their f***d up system & they're not answering the phone.

As long as you don't get caught before reaching border control, it will be no more than a small fine. To avoid problems, you still have time to apply for visa. Another possibility is to apply for an extension while in Thailand.

2 minutes ago, biggles said:

They usually waive the Day 1 fee but charge 1,000 baht if 2 days over. 

In that case I might just change my booking back again.

Used to be 100b per day back in the 80's.

Edited by coxyhog

31 minutes ago, biggles said:

They usually waive the Day 1 fee but charge 1,000 baht if 2 days over. 

That's what I was told coming in (at the same crossing) as I knew I'd be one day over when I departed.

But alas, I was still charged by the BiB for the one day despite me recounting "what I was told"...

Lots of subjectivity... TiT.

36 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

In that case I might just change my booking back again.

Used to be 100b per day back in the 80's.

I personally wouldn't want the worry that I was at risk, especially now that you have sorted it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Also got to bear in mind whether you would encounter problems at check-in at the start of your trip. If your return trip is beyond the standard visa exempt period they may not let you fly notwithstanding you booked with them.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I've overstayed by one day twice over the years - both times I just cheerily told the immigration official that I'd made a mistake while booking the trip and they just smiled and told me to keep moving; of course it may be different if there's a next time, I  guess it all depends on the mood of the official that day.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Also got to bear in mind whether you would encounter problems at check-in at the start of your trip. If your return trip is beyond the standard visa exempt period they may not let you fly notwithstanding you booked with them.

That's never been an issue 

I've heard that they may extend the visa's to 45 days but nothing seems to be confirmed yet. I'm looking to stay 31-32 days this trip but if nothing happens regarding the 45 day visa I am planning to go online and getting a visa before I leave. Knowing my luck I'll get a grumpy border guard who puts me straight back on the plane.

• Like 1