Recommended Guest house Chiang Khan

Just for the hell of it (actually there is an underling reason), I am thinking about taking a road trip (by bus) to Chiang Khan on my October visit to Thailand.

I would also be interested in knowing:

• Recommend an inexpensive, airconditioned guest house
  • The availability of Pay For Play (sorry not sure if this question is permitted no this forum)
  • Tourist things to do
  • Massage with hand job (again  not sure if this question is permitted no this forum)
  • Safety in renting a motor scooter (safety in terms of not being ripped off, not in terms of breaking my neck)
  • Recommended Karaoke
  • Any local tours and/or water actives

Thank you,

donald

3 hours ago, donaldente said:

Just for the hell of it (actually there is an underling reason), I am thinking about taking a road trip (by bus) to Chiang Khan on my October visit to Thailand.

1. Accomodation: After the first night in an expensive riverside hotel I moved to "The Pud Dee"  for 1080 Baht. 

2. Pay For Play: was with my GF, didn't look for it nor did I see anything like that.

3. Tourist things to do:

Riding along the river on a bycicle

IMG20220125163218.jpg

Have a Beer Lao at the river

IMG20220124182555.jpg

Walking down the walking street and trying delicious food

IMG20220124192238.jpg

IMG20220124194028.jpg

Visit the Chiang Khan Skywalk

IMG_6967.JPG

IMG_6969.JPG

IMG_6970.JPG

Climb up Phu Thok and watch the clouds from above

4. massage with hand job: see point 2

5. Safety in renting a motor scooter

Bicycles are often FOC provided by the accomodation. No idea about motobikes.

6.Karaoke: I used google maps, there is one about 18 km south of Chiang Khan town. Otherwise.....no clue.

7. Local tours and/or water active: saw a couple of guys fishing.

If you are interested in bars, there is the "Miss U Bar Soi 19" with a bartender who worked in a 5 star hotel in Bangkok. The cocktails are excellent.

IMG20220124195756.jpg

Are you sure you meant Chiang Khan, not Chiang Mai or Chiang Rai? 

Edited by CampariO
  • Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thanks everyone for their input.  And yes I mean Chiang Khan and not Ching Rai. 

Was at Chang Mai many years ago.  It was good, went to a a very elephant friendly elephant camp where you ride on the elephants bare back (not the platforms, which I understand was not healthy for the elephants).  I checked a year ago and they had discounted the elephant riding. 

51 minutes ago, donaldente said:

I have one more question.  Being on a river, how is the mosquitoes problem?

donald

It was not a problem when I was there as the river is fast flowing, you usually get bad mossie infestations around stagnant water. I went to the Huen Luang Prabang Restaurant for my birthday and we had the number 1 table over the river, no flies or mossies at all.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Horizondave said:

It was not a problem when I was there as the river is fast flowing, you usually get bad mossie infestations around stagnant water. I went to the Huen Luang Prabang Restaurant for my birthday and we had the number 1 table over the river, no flies or mossies at all.

Dave,

Thank you for your feedback.

donald