Speeding

Nightcrawler

I got a speeding notification from Met Police a couple of weeks ago for doing 28mph in a 20 mph zone on a Sunday afternoon. 

Recieved a letter today offering me a chance of taking a National Speed Awarenrss Course which will save me getting points on my licence and a fine. 

Looked at the sight and it will cost £91 for London which is only a few quid short of the normal £100 fine . 

I guess I will sign up but it seems that many side roads in London these days are 20mph zones.  Fucking joke. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Surprised 1

30 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I got a speeding notification from Met Police a couple of weeks ago for doing 28mph in a 20 mph zone on a Sunday afternoon. 

Recieved a letter today offering me a chance of taking a National Speed Awarenrss Course which will save me getting points on my licence and a fine. 

Looked at the sight and it will cost £91 for London which is only a few quid short of the normal £100 fine . 

I guess I will sign up but it seems that many side roads in London these days are 20mph zones.  Fucking joke. 

Don't worry, I've been banned four times for various driving/riding offences.

Cost me a fortune in fines.😀

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

The advantage of the Speed Awareness Course is that it is not necessary to report the infraction to your insurance company in most cases; some insurance companies do regard a requirement to attend a speed awareness course as equivalent to a conviction with a subsequent increase in premium for next years insurance.  I would take the Speed Awareness Course which as far as I am aware is delivered on line.  At one time the course was more expensive than the fixed penalty fine.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1

It’s much better than the points 

I did one over covid and although it consumed a morning I have to say it was ok , the educator/ trainer was quite fun and all the attendees were decent people. Not saying I’d repeat but it was worthwhile 

5 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

It's a shame we can't have public flogging anymore, as it's no less than you deserve for going 8mph over the limit. you could have literally killed hundreds of innocent children with your deliberate and dangerous actions. Or maybe even a cat.

Take the course mate, 4 hours of your life you won't get back but as @john luke correctly said, no need to declare this to the insurance as it is not a recorded "offence" for penalty points purposes.

Were you caught by this one?:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11066111/London-speed-camera-low-traffic-neighbourhood-rakes-1MILLION-fines-just-18-months.html

I went on one a few years ago, utterly boring apart from the Eastern European lady who turned up in tight jeans and a crop top. In October.

• Haha 2

4 hours?, Jesus Christ. 

Will try and get it done before I go away. I shall claim I have Covid and do it on line whilst sipping large measures of vodka. 

It sure is a money making exercise, and these cameras are popping in side streets all the time in London to catch you unaware. 

The Sunday afternoon I got caught, it was extremely quiet, no schoolkids about or anyone for that matter. At least if I had knocked down a few school kids, it would have been worth my while 😁😁

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

4 hours?, Jesus Christ. 

Will try and get it done before I go away. I shall claim I have Covid and do it on line whilst sipping large members of vodka. 

It sure is a money making exercise, and these cameras are popping in side streets all the time in London to catch you unaware. 

The Sunday afternoon I got caught, it was extremely quiet, no schoolkids about or anyone for that matter. At least if I had knocked down a few school kids, it would have been worth my while 😁😁

Oh, online, I thought it was an attendance job, mine was 4 hours but online I think it's shorter. The speed Awareness courses are run by NDORS and endorsed and connected to the ACPO, who are basically an organization for bent chief constables wanting to line their pockets. Cunts, one and all.

I knew it wouldn't have been near a school mate, as you're often just creeping along at 4mph offering the kids sweets.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

ask them for the photo evidence, then if not forthcoming tell them your mate from ther LOS was borrowing your car at the time.   i dont know about now, but it used to work perfectly.. ahem so I am told.  

You're a bad man!!

Nowadays It's called perverting the course of justice Tommy and will land him a stretch in chokey with "Bubba" as his cellmate.

Although we all know @Nightcrawler is indeed a pervert, in this case the name is somewhat not applicable.

Edited by Butch
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

ask them for the photo evidence, then if not forthcoming tell them your mate from ther LOS was borrowing your car at the time.   i dont know about now, but it used to work perfectly.. ahem so I am told.  

They send you a ref number and a site to see the photo. I was thinking about blaming it onto Butch who borrowed my car that afternoon. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

They send you a ref number and a site to see the photo. I was thinking about blaming it onto Butch who borrowed my car that afternoon. 

Wasn't me, it was parked on Hampstead Heath and involved with a dogging session, hence why the drivers side of the car resembled a painters radio.

Edited by Butch
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, tommy dee said:

A couple of years ago "I" was driving my brothers car in Ireland when he got a speeding ticket, I owned up and he paid the fine.

A couple of months later "he" was driving my car in London when I got a ticket, he owed up and I paid the fine.

No points for either of us!

• Like 1

I'm happy to say that speed law enforcement where I live is a well-known and locally commented on joke - our city bylaw officers are not qualified to do speed enforcement and the RCMP don't seem to be too interested either; we don't have speed cameras and unless you get caught on radar there is really not much worry. Our City made a big fuss last year about lowering our downtown speed limits from 50 km/h to 40 km/h, but most people are still driving 50 or 60, and those who do keep to 40 are getting passed as soon as there is room to do so. I speed just about everywhere I go when I am driving my car and haven't gotten a ticket for decades. 

10 hours ago, maipenrai said:

I speed just about everywhere I go when I am driving my car and haven't gotten a ticket for decades. 

BINGO so do i, here in Thailand i just happily pay the fine if i get caught its peanuts, there's no 3 points on your licence crap YET so "carry on speeding" lol

PS - I don't drive dangerously but speed limits are just ridiculously low for todays cars imo.

• Thumbs Up 3

16 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

BINGO so do i, here in Thailand i just happily pay the fine if i get caught its peanuts, there's no 3 points on your licence crap YET so "carry on speeding" lol

PS - I don't drive dangerously but speed limits are just ridiculously low for todays cars imo.

Low for the cars, but in Thailand considering the lack of driver skill they're probably too high. Shame we have to cater to the lowest common denominator.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just an update, from my first post in the topic, I have received an invitation letterto do the Awareness  Course online costing €91. Instead of points on my licence and £100 fine. 

So I'll book a course  I guess. 

That way, no need for my Insurance to go up as a Result of points on my licence which will not happen.

Still not happy about it  but big brother calls the shots. All for 8 mph.over the limit. 

Driving in London has become a nightmare, not to mention the massive increase in fuel.

I think I will order a mobility scooter and terrorise pedestrians walking on the pavement  and get away with  it 

😁😁

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

Just an update, from my first post in the topic, I have received an invitation letterto do the Awareness  Course online costing €91. Instead of points on my licence and £100 fine. 

That way, no need for my Insurance to go up as a Result of points on my licence which will not happen.

Still not happy about it  but big brother calls the shots. All for 8 mph.over the limit. 

Driving in London has become a nightmare, not to mention the massive increase in fuel.

I think I will order a mobility scooter and terrorise pedestrians walking on the pavement  and get away with  it 

😁😁

Speed Limit + ten percent + 2 miles per hour is pretty much the ACPO Guideline for enforcement.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

😁😁

A few years ago I was done on the M4 elevated in West London for doing 46 mph in a 40 mph zone.

I took the course and it was a load of bollocks!

They showed us how far a car travels at different speeds when you braked suddenly. But the road surface was covered in loose gravel, so like braking on ice, when I queried it I was asked did I want to leave and take the points?

Spent the rest of the course with my mouth shut.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

Some insurance companies in the UK ask if you've done a course....not sure if they can find out?

Probably not. I just renew every year through Hastings and they just ask if there are any changes. Since my course is not till mid October and my renewal is in September,, I will say nothing.  Especially as I have 12 years No Claims. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Probably not. I just renew every year through Hastings and they just ask if there are any changes. Since my course is not till mid October and my renewal is in September,, I will say nothing.  Especially as I have 12 years No Claims. 

And by next year you will have "forgotten".

On 8/6/2022 at 7:12 PM, Nightcrawler said:

I bought you a gift from Singapore.

Screenshot 2022-08-09 at 22.39.58.png.

• Haha 2