Speeding

Nightcrawler

9 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Probably not. I just renew every year through Hastings and they just ask if there are any changes. Since my course is not till mid October and my renewal is in September,, I will say nothing.  Especially as I have 12 years No Claims. 

They ask if any pending convictions, but your kerb crawling and soliciting young men are non motor related, so no need to declare them.

Oh, sorry you're on about the  the awareness course, not a pending conviction so again, no need to declare.

I hope I've not let the cat out of the bag...

Edited by Butch
  • Haha 3

14 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Probably not. I just renew every year through Hastings and they just ask if there are any changes. Since my course is not till mid October and my renewal is in September,, I will say nothing.  Especially as I have 12 years No Claims. 

5 hours ago, Butch said:

They ask if any pending convictions, but your kerb crawling and soliciting young men are non motor related, so no need to declare them.

Oh, sorry you're on about the  the awareness course, not a pending conviction so again, no need to declare.

I hope I've not let the cat out of the bag...

I hate to be pedantic, but............

As I understand it you have been sent a written NOTICE OF INTENDED PROSECUTION.  Once that document is served, I would suggest that you have an impending prosecution for driving a motor vehicle and exceeding a statutory speed limit.

That prosecution is pending until something happens to change it, such as:

1. You go to Court and are found not guilty or CPS offer no evidence at Court
  2. The Police/CPS/Local Safety Partnership inform you that no further action is being taken
  3. You are convicted or pay the fixed penalty, in which case the impeding prosecution becomes a conviction or penalty notice with driving licence endorsement.
  4. You attend a National Speed Awareness Course and in consequence are advised that No Further Action will be taken.

My view is that you have an impending prosecution until you complete the National Speed Awareness Course.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/7/2022 at 4:29 AM, coxyhog said:

My Thai sister-in law got done here in the Uk,didn't get a fine or anything😂.

i always rent in the UK on my thai licence.  the rental co holds your deposit for a few weeks, and deducts any fines, of whic hI had 4, but no points 🙂

30 minutes ago, john luke said:

My view is that you have an impending prosecution until you complete the National Speed Awareness Course.

wtf is that all about, most of us have been driving since bfore the plod boys who hold the courses were born.  5555

here in thailand they have you nailed.  now to RENEW, you have to do an online Q&A course, in english, watching and answering questions, I am guessing thats re education too.

as a terrible speeder, which I am, I accept the fines, but thank F here no points, althought that is to change, and no effect on insurance.  whats the point of having 3.2L under the hood if you can let it do its job, sometimes,like on motorways.  the germans got it right, most autobahns have no speed limits.

9 hours ago, tommy dee said:

sometimes,like on motorways.  the germans got it right, most autobahns have no speed limits.

Unfortunately, that is rapidly changing. I got caught there on 29-05 for doing 152 (after correction) where the limit was 120. 

On 8/10/2022 at 1:22 AM, john luke said:

I hate to be pedantic, but............

As I understand it you have been sent a written NOTICE OF INTENDED PROSECUTION.  Once that document is served, I would suggest that you have an impending prosecution for driving a motor vehicle and exceeding a statutory speed limit.

That prosecution is pending until something happens to change it, such as:

1. You go to Court and are found not guilty or CPS offer no evidence at Court
  2. The Police/CPS/Local Safety Partnership inform you that no further action is being taken
  3. You are convicted or pay the fixed penalty, in which case the impeding prosecution becomes a conviction or penalty notice with driving licence endorsement.
  4. You attend a National Speed Awareness Course and in consequence are advised that No Further Action will be taken.

Hmmm...yes I agree, very pedantic 😉😉😉 but factually correct lol  - and I think the insurers actually changed theitr wording, as previously it was any "accidents claims or convictions" and now they have added "current or pending".

However, as the insurers have no way of finding out until an endorsement has been applied, I'd be willing to use the "selective memory" option and keep schtum.

Incidentally @Nightcrawler Do NOT miss the appointment, as once you do so it becomes locked then you face the other option which is endorsement and fines.

Meanwhile here's some guidelines to speeding allowances:

speeding-west-yorkshire-guideline.png

image-asset.png

https://www.counsel.direct/news/2015/3/25/speeding-sentencing-guidelines

• Great Info 1

17 minutes ago, Butch said:

Hmmm...yes I agree, very pedantic 😉😉😉 but factually correct lol  - and I think the insurers actually changed theitr wording, as previously it was any "accidents claims or convictions" and now they have added "current or pending".

However, as the insurers have no way of finding out until an endorsement has been applied, I'd be willing to use the "selective memory" option and keep schtum.

Incidentally @Nightcrawler Do NOT miss the appointment, as once you do so it becomes locked then you face the other option which is endorsement and fines.

Meanwhile here's some guidelines to speeding allowances:

speeding-west-yorkshire-guideline.png

image-asset.png

https://www.counsel.direct/news/2015/3/25/speeding-sentencing-guidelines

Has your case come up yet for Speeding in a Gentleman's Lavatory? 😃

• 9 months later...

Archbishop of Canterbury Justin Welby given speeding fine

image.png

The Most Reverend Justin Welby was caught driving 5mph above the 20mph speed limit, near Lambeth Palace
By Jacob Evans
BBC News

The Archbishop of Canterbury has been fined more than £500 and given three penalty points after he was caught speeding in London.

The Most Reverend Justin Welby was recorded driving at 25mph in a 20mph zone in his Volkswagen Golf last year.

The 67-year-old had been going along the Albert Embankment towards his official residence at Lambeth Palace.

He admitted the offence in writing and was sentenced at a private magistrates' court hearing.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, john luke said:

image.png

The Most Reverend Justin Welby was caught driving 5mph above the 20mph speed limit, near Lambeth Palace
By Jacob Evans
BBC News

The Archbishop of Canterbury has been fined more than £500 and given three penalty points after he was caught speeding in London.

The Most Reverend Justin Welby was recorded driving at 25mph in a 20mph zone in his Volkswagen Golf last year.

The 67-year-old had been going along the Albert Embankment towards his official residence at Lambeth Palace.

He admitted the offence in writing and was sentenced at a private magistrates' court hearing.

Money into the Police confession box 😄

• Haha 3

20 hours ago, john luke said:

image.png

By Jacob Evans
BBC News

That's a hell of a fine for only being 5mph over the limit - yikes....

• Thumbs Up 1