How important to you is the colour of your car?

john luke

0B0A3292-Edit.jpg

0B0A3291-Edit.jpg

0B0A3291-Edit-Edit.jpg

0B0A3291-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

0B0A3291-Edit-2.jpg

A little photo manipulation but I think the question is a valid one.

I have chosen a very 'standard' car but obviously manipulated colours.  Do you want your car to stand out or just merge in with others in the area?  Is a car which stands out more likely to be a target for thieves or vandals?

• Like 1

Colour is not that important to me unless you're buying a Ferrari (must be red lol), as long as the colour looks good/right for the car then i'm ok. One thing to remember when living in a hot/sunny climate is that you really want a light colour to reflect the suns rays, thats why you see loads of white cars in sunny climates.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, john luke said:

0B0A3292-Edit.jpg

0B0A3291-Edit.jpg

0B0A3291-Edit-Edit.jpg

0B0A3291-Edit-Edit-Edit.jpg

A little photo manipulation but I think the question is a valid one

I think you should also manipulate the white. But i just noticed the top picture is different from the lower 3 (which are all identical except for the colour) - is that important....?

I remember an expat who bought a car while on leave, when he got back after his 6 month work cycle his wife had sold it and bought a new one because the upholstery "hadn't matched the dog"

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Zambo said:

I think you should also manipulate the white. But i just noticed the top picture is different from the lower 3 (which are all identical except for the colour) - is that important....?

I remember an expat who bought a car while on leave, when he got back after his 6 month work cycle his wife had sold it and bought a new one because the upholstery "hadn't matched the dog"

Since white is the absence of colour, there is little that can be manipulated except the registration plate colour.

0B0A3292-Edit-Edit.jpg

Colour choice has an impact on resale value as well.

Roll the clock back a few years and silver or grey was known in the trade as "resale silver", as it was an easy colour which matched with a black interior offered a level of standardization that follow on consumers seemed to like, Very often ex fleet vehicles came in these colours purely for the resale aspect and that it was an easy popular option for metallic paint.

To me, colour is important. My car is metallic blue and the other one black with a gold pearl (Range Rover option of metallic black ). bold colours let a car stand out, make it a bit more unique and makes it more attractive.

After a few years of whites, greys, blacks and silvers, some manufacturers are making some bold options these days.

However, a car park from a few years ago (80's/90's)..:

2189708559_2665e64f8d_o.jpg

Although props to VW for the Polo Harlequin..

vw-polo-harlekin-2021-niederlande.jpg

• Like 2

After a lifetime spent driving used vehicles, I'm not that fussy about colours - however I don't care for white because it is bland and I don't care for black because it is almost impossible to keep clean where I live, with so much dust and pollen in the air. 

6 hours ago, Painter said:

As long as it's plain and boring, not to bright, colour doesn't worry me. But my cars are old and cheap, and thrown away when the threaten to die completely...

I'm the same  a 10 year old car costs 2 or 3 k if or when they get expensive to keep on the road I just throw the key on the seat ring the wreckers they give me 2 or 3 hundred and I buy another one that's probably 10% of what I would loose in depreciation in a new one

• Thumbs Up 1

Back in the eighties we need a van for our shop deliveries, we decided on a Toyota Lite Ace and the local garage had a Green one on their forecourt we could drive away that day. My mother said no! Green is unlucky so we waited 2-3 weeks for a Blue van to arrive.

It must of been lucky as it went for 20 plus years with just basic servicing.

• Thumbs Up 1

The car I have now I bought new and there wasn't much colour choice, Black, white, A shitty blue, red and grey. My previous colours were red, silver, white (twice and same model) grey, Lilac (it was a cheap Citroen only a year old) three grey cars, as these were all second hand cars, colour didn't make much difference. So my new car was black, I did like a red and black option but it was about £1k more. 

47 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Now i loved this colour on my Dolomite Sprint back in the early 80's but some thought it was a joke, philistines the lot of them lol

TDS.PNG

I assume you bought that for your Daughter ??    55555

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Now behave lol, what about this in gawdy yellow, a real hairdressers car, i loved it.....i think it looks good, but we're all different ehh ?

The new(ish) MG5 is available in a bright yellow, and i think it carries it well.

02-MG5-2021-Thai-Preview-motortrivia-1024x682.jpg

Banner.png

• Like 2