How Do You Spend Your Free Time?.

galenkia

Thursday my mate who sells garage doors for a living took me & the missus to a pub for a very nice Thai meal to celebrate him getting a larger than usual bonus.

Played snooker(& drank too much Guinness)Friday.Yesterday my Italian London cabbie mate invited me round to dinner.Along with some Italian red wine & beer had salmon with pasta & it was bloody great,as was his home made tiramisu.Should've taken pics.

Today I pick my mum up for Sunday lunch,the missus drives her home as by then I've had some vin rouge.Will be watching the footie.

Tomorrow maybe snooker again,depending on if my mate can make it.Then the mighty Watford are live on Sky away to WBA.

Apart from that I read the Telegraph online every day & do 2-3 of their crosswords,read books I've got from our library,which is 5mins walk away & surf the net.

I try to visit the gym at least every other day,my gym has an app where you can track your visits to the minute & I've done 16 days in the last 30 so I'm happy with that.

Then of course I spend a lot of time on the phone to my mother & also going over to see her,get her shopping & take her to any medical appointments she has.

I reckon I got more rest before I retired lol.

• Thumbs Up 4

Gym ,swim and sauna a couple of times a week , currently have a PT 

Reformer Pilates on a Wednesday , something I have done since having sciatica just over ten years ago , helps strengthen the core and great for stretching exercises for my legs 

Walking  - a couple of reservoirs locally , plus beaches and cliff paths  - try and go three times a week - want to increase this 

visit my Dad a couple of times a week 

I'm into family history and used to spend hours every day on it when I first started - my tree is looking pretty good and apart from a few dead ends have managed to get back to the 1700's on most and 1600's on quite a few  branches 

listen to a lot of music during the day and try not to put TV on unless there is sport on 

swear a lot at TV watching United 

spend too much time on the internet during the evenings ..

wish I read more ...

• Thumbs Up 4

First year I've had a "garden" of my own (it's been a steep learning curve, lots of wind burnt plants!), so potter in that, daily (sometimes twice) walk along the beach in one direction or another often broken up with coffee with friends, laugh at the forum troll, tinker or use the boat regularly, weekly pop in and check up with some old folk I delivered food to over lockdown, bi-weekly visits to mum and doing endless chores for her, plan holidays....

Edited by Painter
  • Like 4

Well, on my days off I hit the gym and do 10km's or 5km depending on how the mood takes me plus weights and a sauna, maybe some bag work or pad work if a mate is there. That accounts for 3 hours of my day which I always give to myself.

Next, it's maintaining the cars, tinkering with them or washing them and then cleaning the house, cooking as no one else wants to, plus running errands and fixing stuff that (rarely) needs fixing. To be honest that doesn't take a lot of my time up though.

Then in the evening if I've got nothing to do, I'll grab a netflix movie or series, come onto the forum and also have a look online for the news etc.

Edited by Butch
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

30 minutes ago, Butch said:

Well, on my days off I hit the gym and do 10km's or 5km depending on how the mood takes me plus weights and a sauna, maybe some bag work or pad work if a mate is there. That accounts for 3 hours of my day which I always give to myself.

Next, it's maintaining the cars, tinkering with them or washing them and then cleaning the house, cooking as no one else wants to, plus running errands and fixing stuff that (rarely) needs fixing. To be honest that doesn't take a lot of my time up though.

Then in the evening I like to hang out in a local Men's public lavatory and hopefully get a good fisting by a young truck driver with an  arm greased up to his elbow

Sounds good 😁😁

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This year

Gym , concerts , Thailand ,Ibiza twice 

Manchester on the beer half a dozen times Blackpool this coming weekend (got mates coming over from Manchester)

Meant to be down in London again mid September and Kingston Upon Thames for a concert at a place called PRYZM if it goes ahead.

Been a cracking year for keeping busy after all the Covid shite , one thing it's taught me is go live your life.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

32 minutes ago, SteveBC said:

There's a word in many of the above posts that i don't understand, can somebody please explain what it is or means ???

" gym "

I've visited many a Thai 'jim', but i expect that's something very different......

No, you were on the right lines with your reference to "Jim".

"GYM" is an short for "Gay Men" as in "where gay men go to show off their pecs." :default_dirol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

On 8/7/2022 at 10:28 PM, Yessongs said:

Jogging at the local High School, weight training at the gym, going to the supermarket with wifey, looking at my retirement accounts daily, watch a few favorite TV programs at night, clean the bathrooms and house as a general rule, look at some old pics back from 1982 LOL! Yep, 40 years ago, always fun for a bit of a laugh. 

And of course, every morning with coffee read this forum and see what is going on. 

IMG_0411 (1).jpg

lol...

Looks like a jacket I used to have.... I forgot what they were called, but very popular back in the day.

Remembering the GF I had back during that time. Often would f**k her multiple times per day. Never could get enough. She used to get soaking wet, dripping through her jeans. Periods like Niagra Falls...lol

Glad I never knocked her up.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

lol...

Looks like a jacket I used to have.... I forgot what they were called, but very popular back in the day.

Remembering the GF I had back during that time. Often would f**k her multiple times per day. Never could get enough. She used to get soaking wet, dripping through her jeans. Periods like Niagra Falls...lol

Around my neck of the woods we called them bomber jackets.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Glasseye said:

lol...

Just to add insult to injury, not sure Glass if you saw my recent report to Hawaii for my Son's wedding. During the reception, they showed pics of my Son when he was young etc. my ex-wife is in that picture, talked about the time when we met in 1982 and hoped Jason would look just like his Dad blah, blah, blah you know?

This pic was one of our first "dates" at a restaurant we went to. So, at this point everybody being quite buzzed, took it upon themselves to come over to me and say things like " Geez Mike back in 1982, you looked like Danny Disco" or..." Whoa there buddy, did you think you were Tom Selleck"?  or...."Mike, you were pretty lean back then, were you on crack"?   

I took a beating that night....it was all good. 

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Just to add insult to injury, not sure Glass if you saw my recent report to Hawaii for my Son's wedding. During the reception, they showed pics of my Son when he was young etc. my ex-wife is in that picture, talked about the time when we met in 1982 and hoped Jason would look just like his Dad blah, blah, blah you know?

This pic was one of our first "dates" at a restaurant we went to. So, at this point everybody being quite buzzed, took it upon themselves to come over to me and say things like " Geez Mike back in 1982, you looked like Danny Disco" or..." Whoa there buddy, did you think you were Tom Selleck"?  or...."Mike, you were pretty lean back then, were you on crack"?   

I took a beating that night....it was all good. 

lol...

I think they were called "New Balance" or something like that.

Tom Selleck..... hahahaha

• Thumbs Up 1