Amazing Thailand

forcebwithu

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

High tech wheel clamps in operation in Phuket. Did the job. A farang thought it a good idea to park in the designated tuk tuk area next to the sign saying as such.

Couldn't quite work out what he had to pay, but pay he did.

20221202_153719.jpg

20221202_151332.jpg

20221202_221315.jpg

20221202_153531.jpg

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, boydeste said:

High tech wheel clamps in operation in Phuket. Did the job. A farang thought it a good idea to park in the designated tuk tuk area next to the sign saying as such.

Couldn't quite work out what he had to pay, but pay he did.

20221202_153719.jpg

20221202_151332.jpg

20221202_221315.jpg

20221202_153531.jpg

I'm surprised it wasn't the TukTuk drivers that put the chains on 555

• Great Info 1

What a self-entitled douchebag...

VIDEO: Policeman fined 500 baht for blocking ambulance in northeast Thailand
During the journey, near the Mittraphap Fresh Market, the ambulance was blocked by a Ford pickup truck despite Worawut turning on the siren and emergency lights.

The pickup truck stopped at a red light and forced the ambulance to a stop. Worawut said the team made an announcement asking for the Ford driver to give way to the vehicle because there was a patient in critical condition inside. However, the driver did not move out of the way but got out of the car and walked up to the ambulance.

The ford driver said, “Didn’t you see the red light?”

“We have a patient in critical condition inside the ambulance. Please can you move to the left?” replied the ambulance driver.

The ford driver did not reply but got back inside his vehicle. The lights changed to green and he drove off but remained in the way of the ambulance.
Officers from the Pak Chong Police Station revealed that the pickup driver is actually Police Captain “Chanchai” who works as a deputy inspector at the province‘s Dhan Khun Thot Police Station.

Pak Chong Police invited Pol. Col. Chanchai to a meeting with the Sawang Wicha Thammsat Foundation on Sunday afternoon so that he could apologise for blocking the ambulance’s way.

However, the perpetrator didn’t turn up to the appointment, citing that he was subject to an investigation by police and couldn’t make it.

Pak Chong Police charged Chanchai with blocking the way of an emergency vehicle, violating Section 76(2) of the Road Traffic Act (1979). Chanchai was fined 500 baht.

The patient had a stroke and remained in critical condition in hospital.

image.png

• Sad 3

9 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

What a self-entitled douchebag...

VIDEO: Policeman fined 500 baht for blocking ambulance in northeast Thailand
During the journey, near the Mittraphap Fresh Market, the ambulance was blocked by a Ford pickup truck despite Worawut turning on the siren and emergency lights.

The pickup truck stopped at a red light and forced the ambulance to a stop. Worawut said the team made an announcement asking for the Ford driver to give way to the vehicle because there was a patient in critical condition inside. However, the driver did not move out of the way but got out of the car and walked up to the ambulance.

The ford driver said, “Didn’t you see the red light?”

“We have a patient in critical condition inside the ambulance. Please can you move to the left?” replied the ambulance driver.

The ford driver did not reply but got back inside his vehicle. The lights changed to green and he drove off but remained in the way of the ambulance.
Officers from the Pak Chong Police Station revealed that the pickup driver is actually Police Captain “Chanchai” who works as a deputy inspector at the province‘s Dhan Khun Thot Police Station.

Pak Chong Police invited Pol. Col. Chanchai to a meeting with the Sawang Wicha Thammsat Foundation on Sunday afternoon so that he could apologise for blocking the ambulance’s way.

However, the perpetrator didn’t turn up to the appointment, citing that he was subject to an investigation by police and couldn’t make it.

Pak Chong Police charged Chanchai with blocking the way of an emergency vehicle, violating Section 76(2) of the Road Traffic Act (1979). Chanchai was fined 500 baht.

The patient had a stroke and remained in critical condition in hospital.

image.png

The really amazing thing here is that a Thai police officer was actually fined.

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Freee!! said:

The really amazing thing here is that a Thai police officer was actually fined.

500B, like that's going to keep anyone from repeating the crime. Hopefully the public shaming with have a greater effect on the douchebag.

And speaking of emergency lights. I can understand why many Thai just ignore them. I've lost count of the number of times I've seen the BIB and official vehicles driving around with their emergency lights on for no reason at all, other than the look at me, I'm a VIP in my own my own head reason.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2