Amazing Thailand

forcebwithu

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Me being a bad boy, I only know one meaning of the word "Hia" .. I had to look up "monitor lizard" .. unless you mean Kunt Krapow .. and I'm not talking about a certain BM !!!

Hee - coochie

Hia = 🐉

. . .

Why Does Thailand Hate Monitor Lizards?

https://theculturetrip.com/asia/thailand/articles/why-does-thailand-hate-monitor-lizards/

. . .

"The Thai word for "monitor lizard" sounds exactly the same as "here" in English, spoken as if you are stressing the word."

The animal instinct of insults

https://www.bangkokpost.com/life/social-and-lifestyle/1094421/the-animal-instinct-of-insults

Edited by lazarus
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Hee - coochie

It is an interesting spelling, especially as you quote the BP article.... You see about 10 years ago in the paper edition of the BP Friday magazine, Guru, the Editorial on the first page ran an interesting "article".... and I seemed to be the only one that noticed it..

The article started off innocently enough making jokes followed by hee hee.... I'm guessing that the Editor thought that stupid farang didn't understand "naughty words" because the innocent hee hee jokes continued until it ended up with something like .. "I took it to an agogo in Patpong and a girl put it in her......hee hee...."

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Didn't realize you had such long hair. :default_biggrin:

1 hour ago, lazarus said:

Definitely stylin' with the 'man-bun' tho...

😶

Cost of living crisis, we all have to make savings where we can ...

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

^^^ Doesn't matter what country, mentally unstable individuals with a gun is a recipe for disaster.

Two observations:

1) SWAT Team members in this event seem underdressed...

2) I've read a few articles linking cannabis use with 'mentally unstable' violent perps. Never know anyone to use cannabis to 'become' violent as a result. Usually just want to eat pizza and chocolate chip cookies. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Two observations:

1) SWAT Team members in this event seem underdressed...

2) I've read a few articles linking cannabis use with 'mentally unstable' violent perps. Never know anyone to use cannabis to 'become' violent as a result. Usually just want to eat pizza and chocolate chip cookies. 😉

I agree on both points.

Before I saw the article at the bottom of the post the pictures looked more like a training exercise. Amazing Thailand.

As for violent encounters and cannabis, my guess is there are other drugs involved as well and the reason for the violent behavior.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I agree on both points.

Before I saw the article at the bottom of the post the pictures looked more like a training exercise. Amazing Thailand.

As for violent encounters and cannabis, my guess is there are other drugs involved as well and the reason for the violent behavior.

Ditto from me.

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Ya ba ... a scourge on any society.

I image that fentanyl has made it's way to Thailand, too.

My observation is few Thais have been taught how to deal with stress / disappointment and are often prone to reacting  violently to even a minor incident.

• Thumbs Up 4

'Tea Money' must be a little thin these days...

. . .

IMMIGRATION COPS ACCUSED OF KIDNAPPING CHINESE NATIONAL

https://www.khaosodenglish.com/news/crimecourtscalamity/2023/03/21/immigration-cops-accused-of-kidnapping-chinese-national/?fbclid=IwAR0lvuvW5J58TSpyUlyLnwn5DvZOMTaiCWir6H8rq0YVPsjzNLLXzWCtPUo

Four immigration officers have been accused of being involved in the alleged abduction of a Chinese national and his Thai interpreter, police said Tuesday.

Deputy police commissioner Surachate Hakparn said arrest warrants have been filed on four officers to be charged with extortion, unlawful detention, and negligence. Their names have not yet been released, but he said three of them are holding a senior rank in the immigration bureau...

Police believed the suspects conspired with civilians to abduct a Chinese national,...

• Sad 2