Amazing Thailand

forcebwithu

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, lazarus said:

Two observations:

1) SWAT Team members in this event seem underdressed...

2) I've read a few articles linking cannabis use with 'mentally unstable' violent perps. Never know anyone to use cannabis to 'become' violent as a result. Usually just want to eat pizza and chocolate chip cookies. 😉

Or in my case back in the day, Hostess Twinkies....just saying. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, lazarus said:

Two observations:

1) SWAT Team members in this event seem underdressed...

2) I've read a few articles linking cannabis use with 'mentally unstable' violent perps. Never know anyone to use cannabis to 'become' violent as a result. Usually just want to eat pizza and chocolate chip cookies. 😉

Bingo, the usual rubbish surrounding cannabis use by people who have'nt a clue. I've been using on and off most of my life and its calming effect is to be appreciated.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Sherlock said:

Considering he signed a "waiver", im really surprised that the park have agreed to cover any and all of his medical bills!

According to the following article the guy had insurance so wasn't out of pocket any money, plus he did get a minor amount from the park. Considering he signed a waiver, me thinks he's trying for some easy money.

I had an opportunity several years ago to take a bungee jump at another park outside of Pattaya. It was paid for by the group I was with, but I declined. Knowing how poor the maintenance is in this country, I wasn't about to trust my life to a few strands of rubber cord.

Hong Kong tourist narrowly survives bungee cord snapping midair in Thailand

Once Mike was feeling better, he emailed the bungee jumping park to demand compensation for nearly dying.

The park only offered Mike a refund of 2,000 baht for his ticket and to pay for his immediate medical expenses which cost only 8,000 baht.
He was in the hospital for three days in Hong Kong, racking up HK$50,000 (220,000 baht) in medical bills. Mike was responsible, unlike hundreds of other travellers in Thailand, and had taken out travel insurance, so luckily he didn’t have to fork out the money.

Mike keeps emailing the bungee company to no avail, so he’s tried contacting the Tourism Authority of Thailand to ask for help. They didn’t reply either, said Mike.

The incident happened during a work trip to Thailand in February and around one month later he still hasn’t received any compensation or even a reply.

In an email, Mike said…

“My friends and I have suffered losses due to the accident, including changes to our travel plans, my injury and my suffering, and the time and income lost from constant check-ups and treatments after returning to Hong Kong.

“I have declined the park’s proposed compensation plan, as it is unfair to me. If the accident had been slightly more severe, I could have lost my life. After the accident, I discovered that a similar accident has been happened in the same park before already.

“I believe the park’s irresponsible attitude towards visitors is unacceptable, safety is the most critical concern of every visitor.”

• Sad 1

17 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

According to the following article the guy had insurance so wasn't out of pocket any money, plus he did get a minor amount from the park. Considering he signed a waiver, me thinks he's trying for some easy money.

I'm amazed that the Insurance company paid out for his participation in a high risk / dangerous sport !!!!

• Like 4

15 hours ago, lazarus said:

Seacon Square Car Park.

337118999_912776986699917_901403579508444194_n.jpg

337288899_1189099375124747_1252897641457372022_n.jpg

337677145_611515500991634_9021544198995456602_n.jpg

Is this some sort car park motel where you have sex in your car and then drive away? Looks weird.

Edit, just seen the door so I suppose it is a love motel.'

Edited by Horizondave
  • Thumbs Up 1

Seems there weren't any Thais around to kick a**...

Patong fight between restaurant staff and foreign tourists

https://phuket-go.com/phuket-news/phuket-news/fight-caught-on-video-between-restaurant-staff-and-foreign-tourists-video/

..."According to The Phuket Express, three foreigners, Mohammad Jehad, a Jordanian, Mohammad Alomari, an Egyptian, and Mr. Wai Lu Soe (a Burmese name) told police that they “worked legally at the bar/restaurant”.

The staff told police that there were five foreign tourists who were extremely intoxicated and caused the brawl..."

. . .

• Thanks 1

On 3/5/2023 at 5:57 PM, lazarus said:

330544074_757164279077805_7275657020977338368_n.jpg

Jesus....

Reminds me of when I was a kid, working as a dishwasher at a Barnaby's pizza place in Chicago Heights Il.

One Friday (pay day) I came into work, late afternoon. When I walked in I saw that two busloads of some tour group had just left after having a meal. Their arrival was unexpected.

I did a quick assessment of things. Calmly asked for my paycheck as I put on my work apron. After I pocketed the check I waited until the manager went out to the front. I dropped the apron on the floor, went out the back, unlocked my bike and boogied out of there.

The manager was a c**t anyway. f**k the guy.

About twelve to fifteen years later I was at some bar or function. This guy walks up to me. Starts giving me a hard time about walking out on him. I felt a little bad... for about five minutes.

18 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Jesus....

Reminds me of when I was a kid, working as a dishwasher at a Barnaby's pizza place in Chicago Heights Il.

One Friday (pay day) I came into work, late afternoon. When I walked in I saw that two busloads of some tour group had just left after having a meal. Their arrival was unexpected.

I did a quick assessment of things. Calmly asked for my paycheck as I put on my work apron. After I pocketed the check I waited until the manager went out to the front. I dropped the apron on the floor, went out the back, unlocked my bike and boogied out of there.

The manager was a c**t anyway. f**k the guy.

About twelve to fifteen years later I was at some bar or function. This guy walks up to me. Starts giving me a hard time about walking out on him. I felt a little bad... for about five minutes.

Meaning just long enough to remember what a c**t he was.

• 2 weeks later...