Amazing Thailand

forcebwithu

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was on Wikipedia reading about Songkran and saw this:  A man was arrested during Songkran 2016 for posting a video of a topless woman dancing during the 2015 Songkran festival. Police said Jakkrapatsorn Akkarapokanan, 29, was charged under the Computer Crime Act for posting the year-old video of a woman rolling up her wet shirt to let revelers touch her breasts. Jakkrapatsorn was released on a 100,000 baht bond. Police said they attempted to find the topless woman in the video to fine her 500 baht for indecency, but the one year statute of limitations had expired.

‘The bond for posting a video of the “crime” was 200 times the fine for committing it.

• Sad 3

7 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Oh my…..took me a few times to comprehend. Truck was too high for the wire, and poor bugger on the bike ends up getting clotheslined? 

Only in Thailand

Jeez, talk about being in the wrong place at the wrong time!

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Something I'm on the watch for when out riding. Seen it a few times where a worker tosses a line over a truck to secure a load without so much as a glance at traffic in the area. Amazing myoptic Thailand.

I was hit by a taxi (side view mirror) and it was close to being pinched between the cab and the wall I was up against because the cabbie pulled over to the side I was on to pick up his rider that was way down the road waiting. He got his fare, turned around and stopped at the restaurant I went into and screamed “what’s your problem, why you hit my car?”

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, forqalso said:

I was hit by a taxi (side view mirror) and it was close to being pinched between the cab and the wall I was up against because the cabbie pulled over to the side I was on to pick up his rider that was way down the road waiting. He got his fare, turned around and stopped at the restaurant I went into and screamed “what’s your problem, why you hit my car?”

Always the other person's fault.

Another example, I'm turning from a side soi onto Sukhumvit and as I was making the turn saw a motorbike coming at me going the wrong way on Suk. The idiot had the audacity to honk his horn at me as in his mind I was at fault.

Amazing Thailand

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 2

• 1 month later...

Just terrible that a woman lost her leg do to a poorly maintained walkway. Even worse, the problem with the walkway was reported back in 2019 and they apparently did f**k all about it.

Don Mueang airport walkway severs woman's leg

This article has details on the earlier incident Old escalator potentially the cause of tragic accident at Bangkok Airport

This screen shot has the pictures from 2019 where the guy only paid for their negligence with a shoe rather than a leg. From pictures I've seen of the trapped lady, it appears the cause is the same, broken yellow sieve protectors.

image.png

• Sad 4

On 5/4/2023 at 9:43 PM, forcebwithu said:

Another example, I'm turning from a side soi onto Sukhumvit and as I was making the turn saw a motorbike coming at me going the wrong way on Suk. The idiot had the audacity to honk his horn at me as in his mind I was at fault.

Amazing Thailand

Recently I had a similar experience whdile riding my bicycle in "the village". Uncharacteristically I went ballistic. I know not the wisest thing to do, but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. I don't regret my reaction one bit.

Over the years during my work I witnessed directly probably hundreds of "near misses" (and unfortunately many collisions).

While observing the indicents I would usually see the person at fault (or doing the stupid, careless thing) react by smiling or laughing, in some cases honking the horn.

Initially when I observed that behavior I would think "what a reckless, irresponsible c**t". But, the more I witnessed that reaction the more I realized those behaviors were like a subconscious auto emotional response. Kind of like a reflex, or an inate defensive action.

On 5/4/2023 at 9:43 PM, forcebwithu said:

Amazing Thailand

I expect he sounded his horn to tell you he's there, and not in annoyance to your good self.

It's a very common practice here to give a couple of toots on the horn when overtaking somebody, again it's not to tell them to get out of the way but just a warning that they are passing.

• Thumbs Up 1

On this morning's bike ride I was surprised as I followed a car up Soi Khao Noi to see them tossing out what I believe to be business cards for a loan shark. Every time they would pass a business that had a few people sitting about they would toss a handful of business cards out the window as they passed.

I shouldn't have been too surprised as loan sharks are morally bankrupt to begin with, so littering wouldn't even register on their ethical compass.

P7050001.jpg

P7050002.JPG

• Sad 4

28 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

On this morning's bike ride I was surprised as I followed a car up Soi Khao Noi to see them tossing out what I believe to be business cards for a loan shark. Every time they would pass a business that had a few people sitting about they would toss a handful of business cards out the window as they passed.

I shouldn't have been too surprised as loan sharks are morally bankrupt to begin with, so littering wouldn't even register on their ethical compass.

P7050001.jpg

P7050002.JPG

Send the loan shark on the business cards a nice, official looking letter with a fine for littering (with your bank account number). 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

And, of course, treating potential clients worse than soi dogs sending them scrambling for any titbit to help them through the day ..

• Like 1