Amazing Thailand

forcebwithu

15 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Something that just occurred to me. Why would they put up a sign directing you to a hospital 1.2km away when Pattaya Memorial is only 200m farther down Klang? Amazing Thailand.

Just a guess but public v. private hospital?

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I was thinking the same. Basically a billboard advertisement disguised as a city sign.

Judging by the number of Thais milling around, I always thought Pattaya City Hospital was public, assumed Memorial could be private.  I am willing to be corrected.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/14/2023 at 10:15 PM, forcebwithu said:

Something that just occurred to me. Why would they put up a sign directing you to a hospital 1.2km away when Pattaya Memorial is only 200m farther down Klang? Amazing Thailand.

P1140007.JPG

Perhaps because the City hospital is government run whilst Memorial is private so more ordinary Thais will be looking for it?

I can't find the delete button sorry.
Note to self read all posts before responding.

Edited by karon steve
Cock up.
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 1/16/2023 at 7:29 AM, karon steve said:

Perhaps because the City hospital is government run whilst Memorial is private so more ordinary Thais will be looking for it?

I can't find the delete button sorry.
Note to self read all posts before responding.

Bangkok Memorial probably best option. Although I have to say that in late 2019 a squirrely doc a Pattaya Memorial probably saved my life. 

The hospital on Soi Bucky is a public hospital.

• Like 1

Reading this article I learned a new word, "sumata". :default_cool:

Jealous Thai wife accepts job at brothel after tracking cheating husband to the den of iniquity
“At what appeared to be the shop’s office, I asked the manager what went on in there and he told me it did not appear to be intercourse. Not quite anyway. So, I felt reassured.”

The dismayed wife was then shocked by the brothel manager’s next question. He asked…

“Would you like to try and work here yourself?”

She was initially shocked by the offer but then curiosity got the better of her and she agreed.

“When I got it on with my first customer, it was so much more sensual than the kind of sex we have at home. I was really turned on. As I was told by the boss, I only had to do ‘sumata,’ which doesn’t involve full sex but almost and everything else.

“I loved it and since then I’ve been working secretly at the same shop. But I worry a little that one of these days I’ll run into my hubby there by accident.”

What would the chances be?

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Thumbs Up 4

2 hours ago, lazarus said:

No excuse for officials leaving an uncovered hole that large on a footpath, but also have to wonder how someone can blindly step in a hole that large, in daylight no less. Then again, how many times do we see people walking around with their noses in their phones, blithely unaware of their surroundings.

• Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

17 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

No excuse for officials leaving an uncovered hole that large on a footpath, but also have to wonder how someone can blindly step in a hole that large, in daylight no less. Then again, how many times do we see people walking around with their noses in their phones, blithely unaware of their surroundings.

I think his stepping on it is what broke it. The edge of the hole to the right looks fresh.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, fygjam said:

I think his stepping on it is what broke it. The edge of the hole to the right looks fresh.

I have disciplined myself to not step on steel drainage grates. Next step in my training is to avoid the concrete ones. This gives me good motivation.

12 hours ago, lazarus said:

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

I have disciplined myself to not step on steel drainage grates. Next step in my training is to avoid the concrete ones. This gives me good motivation.

I'm of the same mindset, especially when the concrete looks as dodgy as the one that broke.

Continuing with the amazing topic theme, it's just amazing the two helpers are squatting on the concrete next to the one that crumbled under one person's weight. :default_1087:

324666402_857472172153758_8350398536897982669_n.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

30 minutes ago, forqalso said:

Good thing; if he fell through, that hole would have been patched before he could get out.

At the moment there is a team of Burmese workers climbing into the newly laid drainage system on Pattaya Tai cleaning a load of sludge out by the bucket load. I gave them a hearty "Mengalaba" greeting to which they replied ..... but looking at me as if I had just been beamed down from planet Zorg!

• Haha 2