Greatest live album ever...(in your opinion)

Butch

For me it's a close one, but I'm torn between with The Who live in leeds and Judas Priest Unleashed in the East.

If it really comes to it, then maybe it's marginally The Who as it wasn't as studio enhanced as much as Unleashed was.

Then again, The Stones in 75 is bloody epic.

Got a headache now.

Damn my indecision.

• Haha 1

Bloody hell Butch. I'm going to have to delve through my record collection as I've forgotten about most live album's. 

Your choices, especially Judas Priests, " unleashed" I agree with and I have it somewhere. The Who  live at Leeds in 1970 I've heard a couple of times and that's great too. 

To add my own from memory, one of my favourites is "Made in Japan", by Deep Purple. 1972 I think. 

There are more including an AC-DC one but I can't remember the name of the album right now. Like you, my brains aching!!!!! 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

ACDC - Live at River Plate Stadium, imo its the best ever, just look at the audience participation, i doubt you have or will ever see anything quite like it, i have'nt but there again i'm the worlds No 1 ACDC fan lol

AC/DC - Live At River Plate - Amazon.com Music

Edited by Pumpuynarak
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Bloody hell Butch. I'm going to have to delve through my record collection as I've forgotten about most live album's. 

Your choices, especially Judas Priests, " unleashed" I agree with and I have it somewhere. The Who  live at Leeds in 1970 I've heard a couple of times and that's great too. 

To add my own from memory, one of my favourites is "Made in Japan", by Deep Purple. 1972 I think. 

There are more including an AC-DC one but I can't remember the name of the album right now. Like you, my brains aching!!!!! 

If you want blood.... you've got it is the AC/DC one.

I'd go for Exit Stage Left by Rush myself.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Lots of great albums here. When I read the topic title the first couple that came to mind were:

• The Allman Brothers - Live at the Fillmore East
  • Jimi Hendrix - Band of Gypsies
  • Nirvana - Nirvana MTV Unplugged

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

Lots of great albums here. When I read the topic title the first couple that came to mind were:

• The Allman Brothers - Live at the Fillmore East
  • Jimi Hendrix - Band of Gypsies
  • Nirvana - Nirvana MTV Unplugged

Your mentioning of MTV Unplugged reminds me of Rod Stewart's album,best versions of Maggie May,Cut Across Shorty and Every Picture Tells A Story.

Brilliant album.

• Like 1

Not in any particular order:

Lou Reed - Rock'n Roll Animal

Rolling Stones - Get Yer Ya Ya's Out

Deep Purple - Made in Japan

Cream - Live Cream

& just thought of another brilliant live album,Ten Years After - Recorded Live

Edited by coxyhog
  • Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Some great choices gentlemen, all of these are good, obviously my favorite is "Yessongs" 

Another favorite I can still listen to today would have to be " Seconds Out" by Genesis. 

81Usekc4EIL._SL1425_.jpg

61IGmune13L._SL1300_.jpg

Yessongs is defo. high on my list. Was very difficult for me to give that album to my nephew, but that album (along with many other brilliant albums) went to the right person. Passing on music we have been blessed with in our generation to younger folks is something I try to do whenever the opportunity presents itself. If only one out of ten remember a tune, an album or a band then I feel like I have made some sort of achievement in making someone's life just a little bit better.

A few weeks ago I got into a Grab. The driver was listening to some really good tunes (with a good sound system). I could tell he was really into music. The tune he was listening to at the time reminded me of Boz Skaggs. I decided to take a couple of moments to try to tell him about Boz.... He was receptive. After a couple near accidents (lol) he dialed Boz in on his itunes (or whatever it was), he was into it.

No telling if he has or will give Boz's music a good listen to over time. But, I tried and it felt good making the effort.

4 hours ago, roomark said:

Slippery People live

Reminds me of a Soul club I used to go to at home.in the mid 80s absolutely brilliant track

Fabulous !

I must ad.... When I pulled up that vid, and now listening to a string of Talking Heads.... My present attitude completely became relaxed and a smile upon my face.

Just want to say thanks....

Edited by Glasseye
  • Like 2