Greatest live album ever...(in your opinion)

Butch

7 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Fabulous !

I must ad.... When I pulled up that vid, and now listening to a string of Talking Heads.... My present attitude completely became relaxed and a smile upon my face.

Just want to say thanks....

Was Phantom who reminded me of  Talking Heads and that was always my fave track of theirs..

Brilliant 

Music Is Power

• Like 2

On 8/16/2022 at 6:40 AM, Glasseye said:

Yessongs is defo. high on my list. Was very difficult for me to give that album to my nephew, but that album (along with many other brilliant albums) went to the right person. Passing on music we have been blessed with in our generation to younger folks is something I try to do whenever the opportunity presents itself. If only one out of ten remember a tune, an album or a band then I feel like I have made some sort of achievement in making someone's life just a little bit better.

A few weeks ago I got into a Grab. The driver was listening to some really good tunes (with a good sound system). I could tell he was really into music. The tune he was listening to at the time reminded me of Boz Skaggs. I decided to take a couple of moments to try to tell him about Boz.... He was receptive. After a couple near accidents (lol) he dialed Boz in on his itunes (or whatever it was), he was into it.

No telling if he has or will give Boz's music a good listen to over time. But, I tried and it felt good making the effort.

Boz Skaggs you say? I am here to help...talked to him 1977, he sat right behind me and my buddy at the David Bowie concert in Oakland. Then later that eveing, stood right next to me at the "urinal" after the show. Mellow dude. Going to see Roger Waters here Sep 23rd....can't wait. 

74437848-SLD-001-0013.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Boz Skaggs you say? I am here to help...talked to him 1977, he sat right behind me and my buddy at the David Bowie concert in Oakland. Then later that eveing, stood right next to me at the "urinal" after the show. Mellow dude. Going to see Roger Waters here Sep 23rd....can't wait. 

Very cool. All around great musician, singer, guitar player, songwriter, one the the best performers I have ever witnessed. On of the most beautiful songs I ever heard.... (I've posted this several times in the past,,,)

"Love look what you've done to me"

• Thumbs Up 1

Always hard to just pick one, I reckon three is a bit more easier to pick your favourites.

Along with Rush ' Exit Stage Left ',I'll add Motorhead 'No Sleep Till Hammersmith '

Kiss ' Alive' first album I heard by the band and loved them ever since.

5 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Downloaded that yesterday, along with Talking Heads and Iron Maiden ( Live After Death ) 

One I'd recommend is Ozzy's 'Live And Loud ' album. Sounds like it's not been cleaned up, just like being at a gig. Proper pounding bass and drums and an immense performance from all the band.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Yessongs said:

I saw Roger around 4 years back now on his last tour..

Enjoy if its anything like hos last tour you're in for a blast

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 8/17/2022 at 6:14 PM, Yessongs said:

I agree with Roomark. 

2019 Roger waters in Manchester. 

Brilliant Mike. 

Hope your gig is as good as ours was. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Aqualung said:

I agree with Roomark. 

2019 Roger waters in Manchester. 

Brilliant Mike. 

Hope your gig is as good as ours was. 

I couldn't think what year it was mate, but knew it was before Covid.

Same night England played if memory serves me 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Lirchenfeld said:

Rockbitch Live in Amsterdam 97.

Back then 20-25 years ago, I was very entertained at listening watching that live album on a CD in 480 pixels.

Saw them live twice in the UK many years ago, certainly an eye-opener  !!!!

• Like 1

@Aqualung @roomark

Well......this tour is getting mixed reviews, some say they did NOT like this version at all. 

I saw him do "The Wall" tour a few years back.....I though I had gone to heaven after seeing that particular tour. 

But....I have the tickets and will go either way.....the visuals are absolutely stunning. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

@Aqualung @roomark

Well......this tour is getting mixed reviews, some say they did NOT like this version at all. 

I saw him do "The Wall" tour a few years back.....I though I had gone to heaven after seeing that particular tour. 

But....I have the tickets and will go either way.....the visuals are absolutely stunning. 

I filmed a quick snippet of the end of that (it was actually his final song) in 2019.

Butterflies live.

Manchester Arena which I think holds 21k

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Yessongs said:

@Aqualung @roomark

Prefer the original but this one is eery and different,the visuals make it ,think it would be great to see live.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Yessongs said:

@Aqualung @roomark

Mike,  what's the name of the tour please?  And, is it a world tour or just confined to the Americas? 

Also remember this guys been around a long time and playing the same tunes live over and over and gets kind of boring for them ( not us BTW) so a bit of poetic licence ain't a bad thing imho. 

Still.... I'm sure you will enjoy the concert. 

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, roomark said:

I filmed a quick snippet of the end of that (it was actually his final song) in 2019.

Butterflies live.

Manchester Arena which I think holds 21k

Thanks for that, Comfortably Numb is certainly one of the better tunes both he and Gilmour play very well live. Always ( when I was younger of course) wanted to go see one of the top British bands at " Earls Court"  I can thanks Genesis for me wanting to do this.

18 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Mike,  what's the name of the tour please?  And, is it a world tour or just confined to the Americas? 

Also remember this guys been around a long time and playing the same tunes live over and over and gets kind of boring for them ( not us BTW) so a bit of poetic licence ain't a bad thing imho. 

Still.... I'm sure you will enjoy the concert. 

The name of the tour is "This is not a Drill" postponed for 2 years and now it is on. So far, only American tour dates he is doing. The visuals in the " Round" are going to make this a great experience. His set-list is pretty good. Looking forward to this one too. Should I pass wifey a " joint" LOL! 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1