Pigeons - Can i shoot them ?

Pumpuynarak

As already said, town pigeons are flying rats. They feed on our waste, spread disease and shit on our property from an aerial position. They also seem to breed at an alarming rate in the right conditions  

They are not a protected species. 

What really pisses me off, in UK, is those that feed them and throw out bread for them. We wouldn't feed rats so why pigeons?. They are not things of beauty (IMO), nor do they appear to offer anything in the way of benefit to other birds or to humans.

In London, the little  f+cks have become so brazen that they walk on the pavement in front of us, without fear.  Not even a fox would do that 🙄 

Round my way, many of them are as fat as f"ck, I saw one the other day with one foot, probably lost in a street fight. 

Not just about good though as they seek out resting places. My local Tesco underground car park has put nets up by the ceilings as they fly in when it gets dark for free accommodation, especially in winter.

I would imagine that if they chose your home as a resting place, they are extremely difficult to get rid of, unless you keep them for racing purposes in the North of England 😁😁

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I've posted it before but maybe worth a repeat.

Back in 2019, staff at the Australian War Memorial in Canberra noticed that someone was stealing the poppies from the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.

18-March-2015

But who would commit such a sacrilegious act of desecration?

Finally the culprit was identified. Caught red-handed so as to speak.

Pigeon Builds Nest from Remembrance Poppies

Pigeon at the Australian War Memorial

But what would a pigeon want with an artificial poppy you might well ask.

Pigeon at the Australian War Memorial

Pigeon Builds Nest From Poppy

r0_84_900_592_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

Edited by fygjam
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Haha 2

A few things that have worked some for us with regard to pigeon control on a 16th floor condo in Jomtien.

• On balcony-1 the GF has her outdoor farm of spices, herbs etc. I tried growing tomatoes etc, but just not enough sun and too much wind. She has this balcony pretty congested and has hung a few things that blow in the wind. The overall busyness of the area seems to keep the pigeons away.
  • Balcony-2 is the GF's laundry drying area. Again the movement seems to keep the pigeons away.
  • Balcony-3 is where I hang my swimsuit and pool towel to dry. I also spray this balcony with cockroach spray every 5 days or so. The pigeons seem to dislike this. 
  • I have been told that it is a good idea to clean up any pigeon poop, as this is a welcoming sign for more pigeons.
  • Anything that is uncomfortable to their feet, as described earlier seems to help.
  • Over the last year we have replaced 2 air conditioning units due to their becoming aged. In both cases we replaced the outside floor units with wall mounted units. This eliminated nesting sites and this resulted in a huge reduction to the number of coos that I would hear.
  • Annoy the little bastards as much as you can. I throw water at them and chase them with the car and bike in the parking lot. Just wear the little shits out whenever you can. I have succeeded in running over a couple of them with the car.
  • We bought a BB gun yesterday.
  • This is a war that requires constant assault.   

Death to Pigeons

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 9 months later...

Pigeons are basically flying rats  

They are everywhere in London, dropping shit on everything in their path, spreading disease and defacing property  

Some people even feed the bastards  

What makes matters worse, like with rats and foxes, is people who throw food litter on the street  

Most of the pigeons I see are fat, well fed f%ckers. 

I don't think we are allowed to shoot them even with air rifles. 

They cause millions of £s worth of damage each year and their numbers are growing . 

The cockey little bastards walk amongst us in the knowledge that they are safe  

They are vermin  

• Thumbs Up 3