Wheels Up.........how many days till ?

Binlid

On 4/2/2019 at 10:58 AM, Thinkingallowed said:

Think we could be flying on similar dates again pal. Are you an avid Songkhraner? Personally I'll be avoiding Pattaya until 20th at the earliest.

Yes, I set off next Thursday (11th) which I think is the same as you.  I'm not overly keen on Songkran but will probably join in a couple of days.  I'm staying a bit further away from the action than usual for the first month to try and keep clear of most of it.  After that I might move closer depending on how I feel.

Are you up country or Patttaya or both?

1 minute ago, KWA said:

Yes, I set off next Thursday (11th) which I think is the same as you.  I'm not overly keen on Songkran but will probably join in a couple of days.  I'm staying a bit further away from the action than usual for the first month to try and keep clear of most of it.  After that I might move closer depending on how I feel.

Are you up country or Patttaya or both?

Nothing really decided yet except due to meet up with a mate's son for the first time on 21st in Pattaya. He's only three so I imagine it will just be an afternoon session and not too heavy.

1 minute ago, Thinkingallowed said:

Nothing really decided yet except due to meet up with a mate's son for the first time on 21st in Pattaya. He's only three so I imagine it will just be an afternoon session and not too heavy.

Give me a shout if you fancy meeting up for a beer.  My usual drinking buddy has bailed out to Vietnam for a few weeks so I might need someone to speak English with. 😉

1 minute ago, Lanzalad said:

God knows her indoors cant make her mind up now due to @Krapow telling us its too hot in March..

Just for the child. Big difference coming from sunny Leeds to freezing cold Thailand in March! 

We pick the cooler months, always try and go January, child doesn't like too hot, and March/April etc in Thailand is blistering. Just to be more safe until she gets a bit older, able to handle it better. 

Either in a sling or buggy, will be extra hot for a baby. But they're half Thai as well, not as bad I suppose. My daughter arrives white, within a few hours of arrival is tanned brown lol

6 days and only for 5 nights.

I was hoping for it being in 12 days time and for 9 nights but when I checked with the office about leave they told me all leave was blocked through to 2nd week of May.  When I advised them that I needed to bring my wife back to the UK before the 7th of May they told me I could have 5 days off over Easter, their best offer.

I will get out no problem but getting the entourage back on Easter Monday will be a little bit more tricky. At least I will be with my family, it will have been 12 weeks since I last saw them by the time I arrive in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

14 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

I was hoping for it being in 12 days time and for 9 nights but when I checked with the office about leave they told me all leave was blocked through to 2nd week of May.  When I advised them that I needed to bring my wife back to the UK before the 7th of May they told me I could have 5 days off over Easter, their best offer.

I will get out no problem but getting the entourage back on Easter Monday will be a little bit more tricky. At least I will be with my family, it will have been 12 weeks since I last saw them by the time I arrive in Thailand.

Hsppy Days indeed

• Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Our paths may cross.

• Thumbs Up 1