Wheels Up.........how many days till ?

Binlid

17 minutes ago, KWA said:

27 days, but just booked a week in Copenhagen before then.  Anyone with any suggestions of things to do, sights to see or places to go there, please get in touch.

@KWA

The “Tivoli” is probably the most  well known place in Copenhagen to visit. Plus, don’t forget the Carlsberg brewery tour as well. They will pick you up from central Copenhagen for free!!!

Edited by Sherlock

54 minutes ago, Sherlock said:

@KWA

The “Tivoli” is probably the most  well known place in Copenhagen to visit. Plus, don’t forget the Carlsberg brewery tour as well. They will pick you up from central Copenhagen for free!!!

Thanks for the advice, but it looks like the Carlsberg Brewery is closed for a major refurb.

Some of the rides in the Tivoli look to be closed in Winter too, but probably still enough there to make it worth a visit.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Thinkingallowed said:

No but willing to post slightly used candles and icing pens if you want.

Thanks, but if the cake comes from foodland in royal garden like last time, they do the icing for you, foc. Cheap Charlie here!

Candles? Might need to work on them....

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, KWA said:

27 days, but just booked a week in Copenhagen before then.  Anyone with any suggestions of things to do, sights to see or places to go there, please get in touch.

I went once many years ago and really remember very little of use except how bloody cold the wind coming off the sea was. Take your warmest clothes with you!

On 21 January 2019 at 2:11 PM, KWA said:

Been a few times to copenhagen and I like it even though it can be expensive there. 

Been in tivoli and that was nice but never done the brewery tour. I prefer the "toursisty" Nyhavn district were there are bars and restaurants along side the canal.

then there's the Little Mermaid and then there's the " Christiania " area where you can smell the freshly cut grass in your nostrils !!  It's a kind of hippy type ghetto with a few good places to eat and drink.

Rosenburg castle is worth an hour or so of anyone's time if your interested in history. 

Cheers.

Will definitely go to Tivoli as I like the rides, and I've got a list of bars, including one in Nyhavn, which are options to watch the rugby in on Saturday.  Will need to look up Christiana - it's not one I've come across in my prep.

5 hours ago, KWA said:

Cheers.

Will definitely go to Tivoli as I like the rides, and I've got a list of bars, including one in Nyhavn, which are options to watch the rugby in on Saturday.  Will need to look up Christiana - it's not one I've come across in my prep.

I've been there only once, and that was many years ago. One enduring memory is how bloody cold it was! The freezing wind off the sea cut through my clothing. 

So be prepared to wrap up warm! 

1 hour ago, Bazel said:

I've been there only once, and that was many years ago. One enduring memory is how bloody cold it was! The freezing wind off the sea cut through my clothing. 

So be prepared to wrap up warm! 

Too late.  I'm in the airport and hoping trainers and T shirts do me fine. 🙂

Thursday morning thank christ 😂😂

My normal uk winter trips of 4-5 months have being curtailed out of choice to 2 x 1 month trips. That wont be repeated next winter for sure. Bloody freezing my poor Cannon is like a pressed stud hiding away

54 minutes ago, RR007 said:

Thursday morning thank christ 😂😂

My normal uk winter trips of 4-5 months have being curtailed out of choice to 2 x 1 month trips. That wont be repeated next winter for sure. Bloody freezing my poor Cannon is like a pressed stud hiding away

Who are you flying out with on Thursday?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...