Wheels Up.........how many days till ?

Binlid

On 3/16/2020 at 11:42 AM, KWA said:

1 day - heading to Malaysia.

Pulled my flight forward 24 hours in case it helps avoid any shutdowns.

Well I didn't get to Malaysia as they closed their borders ahead of me, despite me pulling my flight forward.  Changed to Thailand and glad I made it in before the shutdown here.  However, I've just been notified my return on Emirates has been cancelled even though it's still well over 2 months away.  Still, I'd rather be here than the UK.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, KWA said:

Well I didn't get to Malaysia as they closed their borders ahead of me, despite me pulling my flight forward.  Changed to Thailand and glad I made it in before the shutdown here.  However, I've just been notified my return on Emirates has been cancelled even though it's still well over 2 months away.  Still, I'd rather be here than the UK.

I almost got “stuck” my first trip in late 2008, with the protests occupying Swampy. Trip was 22 days or so, and my return flight ended up being good to go. I expressed a little anxiety to Lars (MrDK), and he said the exact same thing....of all the spots where you would be caught with flights being grounded, LOS is certainly the best and it would hardly be an “inconvenience “

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Strewth it`s been 30 months since the last post in this thread so let`s resurrect it here and now:default_biggrin:

untitled.png in 199 days. Our last trip was May 19, so you can imagine the wife`s excitement when I told he I had booked the flights. Plumped for Thai Air at £780 each from Heathrow on April 11th arriving in Bangkok at 6am on the 12th. I have booked a taxi through Booking.com costing £13.70 to take us to Don Mueang  to catch an Air Asia flight to my wife`s home in Loei province to spend Songkran, happy days!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...