Wheels Up.........how many days till ?

Binlid

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

What is this Dancewatchers Gazza, is it a company you have used before?

Dancewatchers have been renting condos out particularly in the VT buildings for years Dave. Some very nice one's in VT6.

They have a website.

Screenshot_20230131-223505_Chrome.jpg

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sorry Dave at work, yes as Stew said he has been doing it for at least 16 years, his wife Tik looks after the day to day running. Just wondering if Dance watcher was maybe his forum name.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Binlid said:

untitled.png in 70 days

Will go straight to the wife's place for 4 days over Songkran and then flying down to Krabi for 10 days, we will be taking the wife's brother, wife and 2 sons with us for 4 nights, it will be their first time flying.

Staying at the L resort in Ao Nang https://www.thelresort.com/

We will be then going to Pattaya for 10 nights and staying at one of Dance watchers apartments in View Talay6

viewtalay6-room25-963-07.jpg

viewtalay6-room25-963-13.jpg

viewtalay6-room25-963-15.jpg

viewtalay6-room25-963-03.jpg

viewtalay6-room25-963-21.jpg

viewtalay6-room25-963-25.jpg

viewtalay6-room25-963-20.jpg

Great itinerary. That L Resort looks nice and a great central spot 👍

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/31/2023 at 7:34 AM, boydeste said:

Dancewatchers have been renting condos out particularly in the VT buildings for years Dave. Some very nice one's in VT6.

They have a website.

Screenshot_20230131-223505_Chrome.jpg

Are there other agents with websites like Dancewatcher's where you can view the condos/availability that board members can recommend? I want more choices other than View Talay.

54 minutes ago, CalEden said:

Are there other agents with websites like Dancewatcher's where you can view the condos/availability that board members can recommend? I want more choices other than View Talay.

Have you considered Airbnb, there are  over 1000 homes available in Pattaya. Have had some great apartments in Hua Hin off the site over the years.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Binlid said:

Have you considered Airbnb, there are  over 1000 homes available in Pattaya. Have had some great apartments in Hua Hin off the site over the years.

Tried it last year this is for 3 or 4 months stay, was not too happy with it. Looking for somebody local that specializes in Pattaya/Jomtien area (again similar to DanceWatchers agency).  

• Thumbs Up 1

• 4 weeks later...

untitled.png in 13 days . Leaving Heathrow at 12.30pm on TG911 arriving in Thailand at 6am. I have a taxi booked for 7 am taking us to Don Muang so won`t have time to buy our Thai sim cards. We are leaving from Terminal 2 at Don Muang, will I be able to purchase sim cards here.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Binlid said:

untitled.png in 13 days . Leaving Heathrow at 12.30pm on TG911 arriving in Thailand at 6am. I have a taxi booked for 7 am taking us to Don Muang so won`t have time to buy our Thai sim cards. We are leaving from Terminal 2 at Don Muang, will I be able to purchase sim cards here.

When I arrived at swampy back in October the phone companies had kiosks set up in the baggage claim hall. As my luggage hadn't made it to the belt, I sorted my sim out, then collected my luggage, then went through customs. Dont know if they're still set up there, but if you're through immigrant quickly you might be able to get sim cards sorted at swampy...

• Thumbs Up 1

34 minutes ago, Painter said:

When I arrived at swampy back in October the phone companies had kiosks set up in the baggage claim hall. As my luggage hadn't made it to the belt, I sorted my sim out, then collected my luggage, then went through customs. Dont know if they're still set up there, but if you're through immigrant quickly you might be able to get sim cards sorted at swampy...

Cheers, we will do if we can.

• 3 weeks later...

Booked today, leaving August 21 (126 days from this post).  ~$1,200 round trip (~£970).  Jet Blue in the USA, EVA from LAX to BKK.  It'll be ~3.5 years since my last visit, ~2.5 years since Lady R. has been home.

Edited by Rompho Ray
  • Thumbs Up 2

Well, about 150 days for me.

15 September leaving LHR. Got a business class ticket on Finnair for London to Helsinki to London with a Premium Economy flight Helsinki Bangkok Helsinki. The business class ticket cost me miles plus £64 but that was covered by a EUR90 gift Finnair voucher. Only paid the taxes on the Helsinki Bangkok return which was £38, miles paid for the fare.. Got window seats all flights, so well happy, was expecting to pay extra for seats but having looked at what they have given me, I am happy.

The Premium Economy on Finnair looks good on the A350, only 3 rows and I am seated at the window with only one next to me. Thankfully, I don't need to pay for drinks (only Champagne which I don't like) so should be a good flight. Have flown on their A350 in economy and I really enjoyed that experience. 

Before my Helsinki to Bangkok flight I will have paid 6000 miles for lounge access.  Won't bother at Bangkok, although I believe I can use the Miracle Lounge for a charge but believe people don't think that a great lounge. I like to sit in Starbucks and the flight is at 0735, way too early to worry about a lounge..

Probably just doing 10 days in Hua Hin as need to get my driving licences sorted.

• Thumbs Up 3