Wheels Up.........how many days till ?

Binlid

Well I am wheels up back to UK in 48 hours and not happy with Emirates.

I have been pre allocated a middle seat and not as per my card preference of an aisle.  Looked at seat map and only middle seats available, no wonder they are offering me an upgrade for £358 for the Bangkok Dubai sector, I had already paid £20 extra for my Dubai Heathrow sector for an aisle seat.

Called Emirates and got an insensitive male telling me I should have paid extra to get the seat I want, told him it was disgusting to suggest to get a decent seat I had to pay extra after spending a wad already for the return flight. He offered me an aisle exit for £80, I said no and said I would sort it at check in. He told me all seats taken and I needed to pay extra, I told him to stop trying to get money out of me and to start offering some service like putting a note in the booking for a seat request and a note I was unhappy considering my card preference not being honoured.

Never thought Emirates were like this, always found their customer services a little bit more reasonable before but 'money number one' is more noticeable now.

I get stuck in a middle seat I won't be traveling Emirates again but pretty sure I will get an aisle if I check in early, even as a standby on BA or TG I have always got an aisle when checking in 3 hours before departure. Hopefully like most airlines they block of seats for these eventualities.

Pissed of Koh Samui

Edited by Horizondave

3 hours ago, Horizondave said:

I have been pre allocated a middle seat and not as per my card preference of an aisle.  Looked at seat map and only middle seats available, no wonder they are offering me an upgrade for £358 for the Bangkok Dubai sector, I had already paid £20 extra for my Dubai Heathrow sector for an aisle seat.

Called Emirates and got an insensitive male telling me I should have paid extra to get the seat I want, told him it was disgusting to suggest to get a decent seat I had to pay extra after spending a wad already for the return flight. He offered me an aisle exit for £80, I said no and said I would sort it at check in. He told me all seats taken and I needed to pay extra, I told him to stop trying to get money out of me and to start offering some service like putting a note in the booking for a seat request and a note I was unhappy considering my card preference not being honoured.

Never thought Emirates were like this, always found their customer services a little bit more reasonable before but 'money number one' is more noticeable now.

I get stuck in a middle seat I won't be traveling Emirates again but pretty sure I will get an aisle if I check in early, even as a standby on BA or TG I have always got an aisle when checking in 3 hours before departure. Hopefully like most airlines they block of seats for these eventualities.

Pissed of Koh Samui

My MO is to get to the airport early, before check in opens (although Emirates has a few flights within a couple of hours so may be difficult). Once there, go to the ticket desk and they will allocate an exit row seat on request (if available).  Less than 6 hours prior to take off there is no charge.  I got three exit rows seats to myself on a quiet flight last week with them.

11 minutes ago, KWA said:

My MO is to get to the airport early, before check in opens (although Emirates has a few flights within a couple of hours so may be difficult). Once there, go to the ticket desk and they will allocate an exit row seat on request (if available).  Less than 6 hours prior to take off there is no charge.  I got three exit rows seats to myself on a quiet flight last week with them.

Cheers..

I will pop and see them on arrival of my Bangkok Airways flight tomorrow. Failing any good result there  I will go to the Emirates desk early on Sunday.

I have not checked in on line yet for their allocated seat.

13 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Pissed of Koh Samui

Thats dreadful customer service, I think you do right by being nice at check in desk, usually goes a long way, I was lucky enough 2 weeks ago, I hadnt checked in online, so went up to the desk with my Mrs, asked nicely I dont suppose you have any exit seats left do you, girl said let me check, even asked would i like the 2 on the exit with an isle or window, I chose isle, she said there is normally a charge for these seats, but today I do for you for free, this was on EVA, i understand they offer these with a tag of over a £100 now, dead dead lucky.

Fingers crossed for you David, I hope you get something more to your liking.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

7 months til LOS.

Was thinking of 2 weeks to Thailand in April but getting pretty pissed off with a crap exchange rate so looking at Turkey instead for a week, but booked Cyprus in June 😄 to ease me into ☀️ 

8 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

I think I will be flying straight up to Khon Kaen on the 19th Jan and will be in Bangkok probably on the 23rd or 24th if you still around. I will update you via personal message on here.

Will be in Bangkok 23rd and 24th, go to Hua Hin on Friday 25th.

Speak by PM or Facebook nearer the time.

• Thumbs Up 1