Apps you use for travel

Stillearly

Any apps you use for travel , either that are specific for Thailand or just general ? 

One I use is TripIt , it makes up an itinerary for your holiday , you just forward any flight , hotel bookings and it automatically gets added, you can also manually add taxi bookings or anything else you want ....

I used to create spreadsheets for my plans , but this just makes life easier , especially if you plan on travelling around ...

I just noticed that I had booked incorrect dates for a hotel because it appeared in the wrong place on my TripIt Itinerary 

• Like 1
  • Great Info 3

Whatever airline I'm flying with. Trivago, Agoda, Hotels.com and booking.com.

Greenbus Thailand for up north. Moovit. Some local ones like InterCity Bus Lanzarote last year and Stagecoach in the UK.

All the taxi and food delivery ones.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 10 months later...

Google Lens to translate signs and menus.

Osmand as an Open Street Maps based navigation app, much better than Google Maps for walking or bicycling (needs setting up and getting used to) (not better for finding ATMs or Starbucks). Other OSM-based navigation like Organic Maps.

I would still like to get a good food app (food pic, Thai text, English description, well organized, various search ways, complete). The ones i have aren't great.

• Like 4

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/25/2022 at 12:18 AM, Stillearly said:

Any apps you use for travel , either that are specific for Thailand or just general ? 

One I use is TripIt , it makes up an itinerary for your holiday , you just forward any flight , hotel bookings and it automatically gets added, you can also manually add taxi bookings or anything else you want ....

I used to create spreadsheets for my plans , but this just makes life easier , especially if you plan on travelling around ...

I just noticed that I had booked incorrect dates for a hotel because it appeared in the wrong place on my TripIt Itinerary 

Bolt and grab Google translate Google maps 

BOLT for taxi travel in and around Pattaya, Skyscanner app for flights and booking, Agoda app for hotel prices, availability and booking, TT currency app, EVA and Thai Air apps for online checkin, e-ticket, seat booking and  flight info, Flightradar occasional,  LHR arrival/dept app and Bankok Int Airport for arrivals/dept app and most importantly, WhatsApp in and  around Thailand or anywhere, although signal strength can be a bit hit and miss for voice calls at times

On 11/30/2023 at 10:39 AM, Butch said:

BOLT These days for pattaya, in the PI I use Grab. Both equally useful, Another plus 1 for Flightradar24 (Although I use Planefinder as it works better on my phone).

And most importantly, a Ladyboy dating app known as "Fister" as well as the "Grindr" app. 

Fixed for yer 😁😁

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3