Current Road Works Pattaya (Threads Merged)

Bazle

On 10/23/2022 at 5:55 PM, fforest said:

Bye bye Palm trees...The only positive improvement they have made in ages to the walkway...

Just to be clear, I never use to hate Palm Trees until they planted ONLY Palm trees everywhere....I cant remember a single shade tree ever being planted anywhere in Pattaya...

Edited by fforest
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, fforest said:

Just to be clear, I never use to hate Palm Trees until they planted ONLY Palm trees everywhere....I cant remember a single shade tree ever being planted anywhere in Pattaya...

Probably because shade trees are slow growing and require careful maintenance in the early years after being transplanted. Key word here is "maintenance", which from what I've seen doesn't have an equivalent word in Thai.

• Great Info 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

That looks like a footing for new curbs, which you can see haphazardly piled to the left and stacked in the background. That begs the question why they're putting in curbs next to the existing road as the news reports said they were adding an additional lane on the north end of Beach Rd?

You can also see in the photo that the trees have not been removed at the north end.  The roadside tree removal seems to from about Soi 4 to Pattaya Klang, but in that distance there are 3 non-palm trees that remain, including one at the shrine about Soi6.  My thoughts were it could be a parking lane where the odd blockage doesn't matter and it's not going to be the full length.

This would free up the left most lane by removing the tour buses to the parking lane, and would further improve traffic flow as the swarms wouldn't have to cross the road (although they would be getting off he "wrong" side of the bus so any parking lane had better be wide enought for this).

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

For our very kind photo reporters, thank you for the updates. I am hoping that the road construction noise does not disturb one's sleep - I am booked to stay at the Dynasty Inn in Soi 13. It looks like the section of second road near the hotel is still not complete. 

Would any of you know what time the work starts and ends? Thank you in advance.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, rajs123 said:

For our very kind photo reporters, thank you for the updates. I am hoping that the road construction noise does not disturb one's sleep - I am booked to stay at the Dynasty Inn in Soi 13. It looks like the section of second road near the hotel is still not complete. 

I was there I think it was around 2 months ago. It will be noisy as hell in Dynasty Inn during the day. Traffic and dust slow and thick. Be prepared.

• Great Info 1

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

I was there I think it was around 2 months ago. It will be noisy as hell in Dynasty Inn during the day. Traffic and dust slow and thick. Be prepared.

What ge said,the bastards woke me up and i was further down the soi in whitehouse condotel,if i was you id change location as i did after 1 week.

17 hours ago, rajs123 said:

As of today, 31st October,  10.00hrs...

From pattaya tai, heading north, the first real noisy bit is between the soi 15 junction and Royal Garden, where they are piledriving the surrounds for, presumably, the new drains covers

20221031_104041.jpg

From then on its car parking...

20221031_104234.jpg

This pile of steels is opposite royal garden, se presumably it'll get noisy there soon

20221031_104350.jpg

Outside barracuda

20221031_104519.jpg

Opposite soi 13  and Dynasty, 

20221031_104716.jpg20221031_104718.jpg20221031_104829.jpg20221031_104936.jpg

It all seems to end just before soi diana

20221031_105039.jpg

It seems to me that the concrete has been broken, dug, and presumably the drains laid outside the Avenue.... the surface is dug and compacted sand at the moment. My best guess, and it is only a guess, is that they have to reduce the height slighty and then relay the cement roadtop, then finito. But when they will do this, who knows.

In answer to your question,  no noise outside Dynasty today at 10.00, and also silence apart from traffic yesterday at 18.00, but it was Sunday....

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1

Today they were washing soi 15, presumably trying to clear the road of the small grit that covers it. Unfortunately they were having to sweep the water/grit up hill to the drains

20221031_103525.jpg20221031_103457.jpg

Further up by Centara, the "walkway" had been narrowed, but not by enough to stop fearless explorers....

20221031_160009.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Painter said:

Today they were washing soi 15, presumably trying to clear the road of the small grit that covers it. Unfortunately they were having to sweep the water/grit up hill to the drains

20221031_103525.jpg

Noticed that too after the rains last week there was a lot of water left standing on the road surface due to the drains being at a higher elevation. On a positive note they at least made the drains flush with the road surface. 

It had to happen....

They are digging soi 15 up behind the Avenue mall. Admittedly it looks like they are only digging up the small pad around the drain covers, but maybe someone has realised that having the drain covers above the road surface will mean the road will end up with large puddles several inches deep in places, and so they are trying to lower the covers....

20221115_110038.jpg

20221115_110055.jpg

• Haha 3