Current Road Works Pattaya (Threads Merged)

Bazle

On 1/6/2023 at 5:54 PM, Glasseye said:

The last sentence in the article is the early favorite for understatement of the year award.

As history shows, Pattaya has always had a casual relationship with deadlines and schedules.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

The last sentence in the article is the early favorite for understatement of the year award.

As history shows, Pattaya has always had a casual relationship with deadlines and schedules.

Agreed. Sums things up rather well doesn't it.

Quite contrary to how most of us tend to operate. Yet, something that we all struggle with adapting to in some degree or other. Yet, at the same time, something that kind of appeals to us in many ways.

I might not live to see it but some day in the future all this concrete they are pouring ,will be dug up, so they can plant trees and bushes and flowers and make a really beautiful walkway.... 

The last walkway lasted from 2014-2020.....6 years....But the rebuild was delayed by covid and screwups....

Edited by fforest
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/27/2022 at 2:38 PM, forcebwithu said:

Well would you at that. They must have heard your complaint. Think something got lost in the translation of "planted" though. :default_biggrin:

image.png

Just ato annoy fforrest even more, those beautiful new year's decorations have been taken down  and this  with even less shade  is being put up in its place...

20230114_110942.jpg

20230114_110959.jpg

20230114_111045.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, john luke said:

Naklua Road

0B0A9408.jpg

Hope it goes to a proper recycler. Quite often I see the burnt out remains of pile of wire like that on the jungle trails we run. They burn off the insulation to get at the wire which leaves a toxic, unsightly mess behind on an otherwise beautiful jungle trail.

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Great Info 1

Take a good look at the WHITE and light blue pavers they have been laying all over town...

Notice any thing?

Like maybe they looked very very dirty from pretty much the first day they were installed....

If you run across any of the old RED brick colored pavers look at them...Even thoe they have been there for decades you just don't notice dirt very much on RED pavers...

And what color are the beach pavers?......well there you go...

18 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Be interesting to see how these stand the test of time. If only foot traffic they would probably hold up well, but with motorbikes and the occasional truck on the footpath, I expect they'll soon start cracking from the weight.

Never a dull moment when walking along Thai pathways.

Just by coincidence when I pulled up this album I learned the news. He's dead.

• Confused 1
  • Surprised 1