Current Road Works Pattaya (Threads Merged)

Bazle

On 2/23/2023 at 1:35 PM, johnpat said:

Road work on Soi 15 stopped months ago leaving it incomplete at the ends and now road work on Second road has ceased leaving it as one lane for a large stretch.  

Yes the workers are very slow but both projects have made things much worse than when they started, but unless they resume work again there's no hope of both roads ever being finished.

Does anyone know why both projects have been abandoned?  It is lack of money?  Is someone suing someone and work ceases until the legal system comes to a conclusion?

A piece from young painter a while ago in this thread,,,

Painter
PainterCommunity Regular
VIP

Posted January 25
  On 1/25/2023 at 8:28 PM, Blue Streak said:
So it looks like an exodus of workers and plant from the Soi 15 project........

Expand  
The story, from 3 different business owners, both Thai and farang, and at both ends of soi 15, is that the works have been delayed indefinitely pending an investigation into the fire that happened back in ?October?

The workers that remain are currently "making good" the edges near various buildings... the laundries just south of City garden have had new concrete slabs to replace those presumably damaged in the initial works. This morning they were building a new step infront of part of the Urban.  

Pics tomorrow if I remember.

32 minutes ago, johnpat said:

The shape of that curb looks like they're planning on increasing the room for parking.... Yet in just a few days all parking on the right side of Beach road will be prohibited.

That is why they are doing the work on beach road. They are widening parts of it to allow for (presumably) parallel parking in the new widened bays on the beach side of the road. These parking bays are, I believe, going at least as far as soi 6, maybe as far as Klang.  At least, I think that's the plan...

I'm sure if you search this thread there will be link to a pattaya news article that sets out these initial plans

3 hours ago, Painter said:

That is why they are doing the work on beach road. They are widening parts of it to allow for (presumably) parallel parking in the new widened bays on the beach side of the road. These parking bays are, I believe, going at least as far as soi 6, maybe as far as Klang.  At least, I think that's the plan...

I'm sure if you search this thread there will be link to a pattaya news article that sets out these initial plans

That's why all the trees rd side have been pulled out to that area 

Edited by Blue Streak
  • Thumbs Up 1

I was going to go to Villa this morning to get some Continental bread, but the thought of the road works along Second Road and the traffic put me off so I just drove down to the Continental Bakery in Jomtien. The trouble is that the road works on Thepprasit are just as bad as they are along Second Road, and the traffic on Thappraya these days is as bad as it is in Pattaya, it would probably have been quicker and easier to just go to Villa in the first place.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

I was going to go to Villa this morning to get some Continental bread, but the thought of the road works along Second Road and the traffic put me off so I just drove down to the Continental Bakery in Jomtien. The trouble is that the road works on Thepprasit are just as bad as they are along Second Road, and the traffic on Thappraya these days is as bad as it is in Pattaya, it would probably have been quicker and easier to just go to Villa in the first place.

The bakery nearer the corner, a few meters down from the Continental, has a much better selection of breads in my opinion 

35 minutes ago, fforest said:

I am not sure what the deal is with the 2 way traffic on 2nd road.....But all the roads in Central Pattaya are completely screwed up with bad bad traffic because of it....I hope they fix things soon..

I think 2 way traffic on 2nd road is because of the music festival.  Beach road has become for pedestrians, not vehicles. 

• Like 2

Here we are at Tukcom

I thought I would post some pictures about Pattayas budget El-Chepo pavers and what a mistake it is to put them on the beach walkway.....

20230308_103521.jpg

These pictures are not quite capturing how dirty these white and light blue pavers really are.....They are absolutely filthy and dirty......And not the kind of dirt that can be washed off.....

I watched these white and blue pavers from day #1......They were clean on day #1 and started getting dirty on day #2 and were really dirty looking after a few weeks....

So does anyone think the city planners did not notice this problem?.....Of course they knew, they knew 100%......That did not stop them from covering the city of Pattaya with these pavers....

The pavers are cheap cheap quality so perfect for cutting the cost of this work to the bone......Without a shred of thought about making Pattaya beautiful.....

20230308_103343.jpg

20230308_103455.jpg

20230308_103501.jpg

20230308_103548.jpg

20230308_103557.jpg

20230308_103630.jpg

20230308_103630.jpg

Look how much better the color red hides dirt......

20230308_103733.jpg

Here we see these walkways through parks using red brick pavers......I bet these walkways have been there for ages.....But they don't look very dirty because the red hides the dirt...

download (4).jpg

promenade-beautiful-walking-path-through-the-park-with-red-brick-pavers-M8Y45C.jpg

Here we see the old beautiful walkway on Pattayas beach....I never remember the walkway having that filthy dirty look.........They mostly did not use pavers on the walkway, but instead used a really light gravel kind of surface that worked really well.....The surface did not seem to hold on to dirt too much like the new El-chepo pavers.....

E8789wTWYBAUvK4 (1).jpg

SAM_1198b.thumb.JPG.cfbeb0f709b71e978dc1d19e21baba64.jpg

I only showed a few pictures of the new filthy dirty El-chepo pavers, but these bloody things are all over Pattaya......And they keep putting more in........And Yes folks they are covering the beach walkway with cheap pavers too.....

• Like 1
  • Great Info 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, fforest said:

Here we are at Tukcom

I thought I would post some pictures about Pattayas budget El-Chepo pavers and what a mistake it is to put them on the beach walkway.....

20230308_103521.jpg

These pictures are not quite capturing how dirty these white and light blue pavers really are.....They are absolutely filthy and dirty......And not the kind of dirt that can be washed off.....

I watched these white and blue pavers from day #1......They were clean on day #1 and started getting dirty on day #2 and were really dirty looking after a few weeks....

So does anyone think the city planners did not notice this problem?.....Of course they knew, they knew 100%......That did not stop them from covering the city of Pattaya with these pavers....

The pavers are cheap cheap quality so perfect for cutting the cost of this work to the bone......Without a shred of thought about making Pattaya beautiful.....

20230308_103343.jpg

20230308_103455.jpg

20230308_103501.jpg

20230308_103548.jpg

20230308_103557.jpg

20230308_103630.jpg

20230308_103630.jpg

Look how much better the color red hides dirt......

20230308_103733.jpg

Here we see these walkways through parks using red brick pavers......I bet these walkways have been there for ages.....But they don't look very dirty because the red hides the dirt...

download (4).jpg

promenade-beautiful-walking-path-through-the-park-with-red-brick-pavers-M8Y45C.jpg

Here we see the old beautiful walkway on Pattayas beach....I never remember the walkway having that filthy dirty look.........They mostly did not use pavers on the walkway, but instead used a really light gravel kind of surface that worked really well.....The surface did not seem to hold on to dirt too much like the new El-chepo pavers.....

E8789wTWYBAUvK4 (1).jpg

SAM_1198b.thumb.JPG.cfbeb0f709b71e978dc1d19e21baba64.jpg

I only showed a few pictures of the new filthy dirty El-chepo pavers, but these bloody things are all over Pattaya......And they keep putting more in........And Yes folks they are covering the beach walkway with cheap pavers too.....

Without the grime it wouldn't be the place we all know and love.

• Haha 2

55 minutes ago, john luke said:

I can see the two-way traffic being problematic over the weekend.

0B0A8891.jpg

0B0A8892.jpg

The Music Festival is in Jomtien this weekend so no need for 2-way traffic on 2nd Rd.

https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/news/2-way-traffic-returns-to-pattaya-2nd-road-march-3-4-425702

To mitigate the traffic nightmare that occurs every time the city closes Beach Road, Pattaya this year will make one-way Second Road two-way from the Dolphin Roundabout to Central Road on March 3-4, 17-18, 24-25 and March 31-April 1.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

The Music Festival is in Jomtien this weekend so no need for 2-way traffic on 2nd Rd.

https://www.pattayamail.com/latestnews/news/2-way-traffic-returns-to-pattaya-2nd-road-march-3-4-425702

To mitigate the traffic nightmare that occurs every time the city closes Beach Road, Pattaya this year will make one-way Second Road two-way from the Dolphin Roundabout to Central Road on March 3-4, 17-18, 24-25 and March 31-April 1.

A thing of beauty !

This promenade rebuild is like watching a slow-motion disaster....

Because...

There will be no more plants, or shrubs, or bushes, or flowers, or trees planted....Zero...

Plants just don't grow very well through a thick layer of concrete.....

But

I bet they will bring in loads of potted flowers for the ribbon-cutting ceremony for some (we are green) and  (we love plants) photo Ops..... lol 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, fforest said:

I bet they will bring in loads of potted flowers for the ribbon-cutting ceremony for some (we are green) and  (we love plants) photo Ops..... lol 

No doubt they'll be the plastic variety like the cherry trees we saw a month ago.

• Like 2