Current Road Works Pattaya (Threads Merged)

Bazle

4 hours ago, Painter said:

It had to happen....

They are digging soi 15 up behind the Avenue mall. Admittedly it looks like they are only digging up the small pad around the drain covers, but maybe someone has realised that having the drain covers above the road surface will mean the road will end up with large puddles several inches deep in places, and so they are trying to lower the covers....

They are digging about an inch deep. How long will the replacement concrete last? 🤕

• Thumbs Up 1

0B0A2910.jpg

The idea was run concrete from from the tanker down the first conduit and into the second one and then to the area they wanted to fill.

0B0A2911.jpg

Two pieces of wood placed into a v formation to support the joining.

0B0A2912.jpg

Unfortunately as soon as concrete got onto the first conduit, it rotated anticlockwise and the concrete jus fell to the ground.

0B0A2913.jpg

They did eventually get most of the concrete to the intended area.

0B0A2914.jpg

0B0A2915.jpg

0B0A2916.jpg

0B0A2917.jpg

0B0A2918.jpg

0B0A2919.jpg

The rest are looking along Beach Road towards Walking Street.  The job is nowhere near completed.

0B0A2920.jpg

0B0A2921.jpg

0B0A2923.jpg

0B0A2924.jpg

0B0A2925.jpg

0B0A2926.jpg

• Like 4

^^^ On this morning's ride saw one selfish Thai on a motorbike pulled up to the curb at the narrowest point to check his phone for something. Result was that choke point was clogged by vehicles and motorbikes trying to squeeze by where under different circumstances those of use on two wheels could have used that space to get by.

2 hours ago, Painter said:

I think I might have sussed out why the road levels on soi 15 are so, er, erratic....

The spirit level has too many bubbles in it....

20221127_164154.jpg

Yeh...not enough beer..!!

Anybody that lived in Germany  (Dare I say West Germany?) will know that Autobahns were built using crates and crates of beer. You never saw a truckload of workers without a few crates of their favourite beer!

I was a Herfey Red man myself !!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

When they're done destructing/reconstructing the footpath it'll be interesting to compare before and after pics to figure out what they accomplished with this project.

Same same the pavement on Pattaya Tai!

When it was completed it looked wonderful... but there is now a family team (Mother, Father, Son) totally fucking it up. I have no idea what they are doing but they are leaving in their wake broken and ill-fitting blocks that once fitted perfectly. It is a fucking disaster, mate!!!

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, john luke said:

Most of the area towards the Dusit Thani has had its concrete base completed.  Presumably tiles to be fitted on top.  Still a lot of work to do.

0B0A4986.jpg

0B0A4987.jpg

0B0A4988.jpg

0B0A4989.jpg

0B0A4990.jpg

0B0A4991.jpg

0B0A4992.jpg

0B0A4993.jpg

0B0A4994.jpg

0B0A4995.jpg

0B0A4996.jpg

Folks no tiles have been laid yet and we have no picture....But let me get ahead of the curve and say they are going  to be butt ugly.....If they are anything like the Ulta-Cheap uninspiring tiles they have put everywhere else in the city.....

Not a shred creativity or artistry has gone into the rest......

Whoever created the before 2013 rebuild did a fantastic job, so I know the Thais have it in them.... 

Edited by fforest