Was I a Karen today?

Golfingboy

So I’m not a huge Facebook user, but this week I decided to sign up to my suburb’s Group page. Today I’m out on my walk, and couldn’t help myself when I saw this. No one in sight mind you, so it wasn’t a delivery or a furniture move. Posted it to the Group, and for a town with ~ 30,000 people, could not believe the responses already in the first hour or so. Much laughter and agreement that the driver is an entitled POS, but also some users telling me “get a life, no big deal, you don’t know their circumstances”….one even said “ DON’T WALK IN A BIKE LANE” Another said I have to blur the license plate…..no that’s actually public info I learned

Funny enough, the first response wasn’t an emoji, but a FRIEND REQUEST FROM THE MAYOR! I accepted……

Like I’ve previously commented, I’m only 46 but I feel like 86 when I see the manners on people today. Bad driving like this, talking at the movies, horrible etiquette on the golf course…..what am I going to do, knock out everyone I find rude? At 6’1 285 lbs I’d love to, trust me…….but I suffer in silence 😂

Please guys, give me your opinions

4B2AB802-098A-48DB-9886-ECEE52134A1B.jpeg

Edited by Golfingboy

I would hazard a guess those that posted “get a life, no big deal, you don’t know their circumstances” are also those that think laws are only suggestions. Perhaps they have a bit of Thai blood in them. :default_biggrin:

BTW, I would have done the same, posted the picture in the group if I thought it might bring about change.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Did you post that you felt unsafe because the car was black ???

Hey hey, Montreal, not Texas my friend. I was only armed with my wallet and Iphone…..left my Glock at home. 

Actually shouldn’t joke about that….this is a fairly wealthy suburb, but the city proper(island) has had double the shootings of 2 years ago. 10 cops quit just today, and they weren’t retirees. Less pay, more stress…..don’t blame them

• Great Info 1

It looks terrrible but go back tomorrow is the car still parked there?

Who knows someone visitng a sick person quickly or dropping something off.

I'll admit it's the sort of thing that dependant on my mood can annoy the hell out of me. No arguement from me also about the general decline in people's manners. More of a suprise to see it in what looks like a pleasant suburb

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

And he/she is parked right in the middle of it!

It would be forgivable if the car was parked against the kerb so that bikes could go past one at a time .....Although it doesn't look like a major carriageway anyway...

A dutchman on a bike might pass between the car and the curb without breaking and taking a mirror with him at the same time.

Here in the Netherlands, cars don't get parked like that, too many people on bikes disliking it and making that known (scratches from the peddles and/or steering bar, mirrors that go missing etc.).

• Thanks 1
  • Surprised 1

8 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Maybe the idiot who parked that way is from Calif and just visiting? LOL! 

Nice clean looking town GB.....weather for walks looks impressive. 

How are you doing on your weight these days? 

Thanks Mike. It’s where I grew up, should have never moved West! Great bang for the $, safety, size of homes, property taxes, amenities…..was actually voted best place to raise a family in all of Canada, not just Quebec. Now it ain’t cheap like Oklahoma or Arkansas either, a decent new brick 2-storey on 8,000 foot lot is $1M, seen $1.7 but they’ll wait a year before realizing they’re dreaming. So say $800K USD, for many that’s a joke, for others unaffordable. Prices went crazy here, but levelling off. My cousin just renewed, he only has a condo and owes $150K, but in blink of an eye went from variable 1.5% to almost 5…..triple the interest overnight. Someone who owes $1M and hits the same predicament……yeah 2023 is going to see some lose their homes, nothing like 2008 in USA, but still bad…..

Weight is steady at 288 or so, my COVID bout didn’t help. I snack too much late  at night, but I still walk. But the first step for me to losing……is not gaining, which I’ve done. I’m evaluating whether to join a gym and lift again, or just try and count my calories more. Might even do that Body4Life program, people’s biggest peeve online was that it’s too tough to follow. Worked fine for me, but I was 24 and motivated as hell too. We had a party last week for my nephew’s 22nd, I found another pic of when I just met my fiancé, hitting balls in Banff. Oh…..skinny I was Mike

• Thumbs Up 1